Herbal (Health) Books

Mountain Witch

All, this forum is a blessing and curse! I've added many books to my wish list and since I'm on a self-imposed book-buying ban at the moment, can't get any of them at the moment!

For those of you into herbal medicine, David Hoffman is a guru. I noticed several had his "general" herbal medicine book but if you want the scientific version of it, get "Medical Herbalism: The Science & Practice of Herbal Medicine" (ISBN 089281749-6). A hefty tome with a hefty price tag but well worth the money.

Another one I've found very useful is "Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine" by Thomas Bartram (ISBN 0-9515984-1-4). I picked up my copy in the UK but I think Amazon has it. It not only covers individual herbs but ailments as well. Be sure to look at the Latin binomial name of the herb - it uses UK common names which sometimes differ from those we use in the US.

I have David Hoffmans book it was a required buy when I started my Master Herbalism class. Its really great read. Just make sure when you buy it that its not missing 50 some pages, there was a misprint and some of the books were missing alot of pages.

I have tjis book and I love it. It is always the first one I turn to when I need something and I can't remember (CRS at my age is getting to a bitch). I highly recommend it to anyone!:cheers:

Archived