All Summer Long

Scott

Greetings All

Well I'll tell ya it doesn't happen very often that I hear a new song and like it ... in fact very rarely ... so much so that in this case; I was in the kitchen and said when it started:

"Oh you better be every INCH as good as you need to be to cover that song!!"

I say that on account of the fact that this one begins with a borrowed vamp - being Werewolves of London.

So it was that I stood still and listened to the many borrowed stings and vamps, the several references and said at the end: "Well I'll be damned - someone else remembers things the same way I do ..."

I was stunned to say the least when I found out that it had been sung by Kid Rock. Maybe he spotted he was growing up ... *shrugs* Hell I even liked the vid clip! (

)

This one goes right along Sandi Thom's "I wish I was a PunkRocker" and a couple like "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" etc ... memories of when the world was something that made sense ... or meybe just when I was young enough to not look too damn closely.

Fraternally

Scott

I thought I was the only one who remebered all those things, LOL. Sounds like my high school years. Ah the memories:p.

Absolutely love that song!!!!! Of course, I like a lot of Kid Rock. Hell, we even named one of the horses, "Cowboy" since it was playing on the radio the night we brought him home from the horse auction (he was on his way to become a delicacy:deadhorse:).

I'm a schizophrenic mess when it comes to music though, LOL. I like everything from Eminem, Ludacris and .50 cent to Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, Godsmack, Rob Zombie and then maybe some Enya. All in the same evening:cuckoo:. You just never know with me!

Greetings Arabi,

Well you know I love all sorts of music BUT there is music and then there are THE SONGS/SOUNDS.

I have a big collection and they are by and large all memories. They are "the songs that were playing when ..." and I must say they are all a big store house of power for me. It is especially the case with some that seem to articulate the way I think, or the way I remember things and were ALSO the song playing when ... that section is smaller but it is also the one which I guard most jealously.

*Shrugs*

So when I heard this one on the radio ... at first I was like: "Whoever you are - you are now messing around with some of my memories ... be good or else!" .. then I heard a song that said quite plainly: "Yeah man - I remember those times .. and you know what I remember em in the same way that you do!"

So; as I say - this one has gone straight to the section of my collection which contains all the ones I like to pretend I don't have until everyone else is somewhere else and THEN .... then I can relive them without interruption.

Fraternally

Scott

Ah, those errand runs all alone, cranked up the CD player and listening to my classic rock. I have a wonderful time! As one of the last "boomers" I have jammed along with everybody and partied quite a bit. I have a LONG list of memories. I drag them out whenever I can. I DID enjoy watching that song. It plays a LOT here in North Texas, though.

I'm a schizophrenic mess when it comes to music though, LOL. I like everything from Eminem, Ludacris and .50 cent to Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, Godsmack, Rob Zombie and then maybe some Enya. All in the same evening:cuckoo:. You just never know with me!

I'm the same as you when it comes to music. Also a huge fan of classic jazz ? Take Five by Dave Brubeck, my absolute fav!

Kid Rock is awesome! Totally love that song!

I love that song. It reminded me a bit of the first music festival I went to in 1969 yes 69, it's that long ago. Some of the groups playing evade my memory now but top of the list was Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. The atmosphere was amazing.....we don't have music like that anymore.

Don't feel bad Arabi I'm schizo with my music too lol. Everything from classical to heavy metal a good song is a good song in my book. I love that Kid Rock song although when I first heard the opening to it on the radio I groaned inwardly. I used to love the original song, but when Teen Wolf (I'm showing my age here LOL) came out, the radio station here played it SO often it got to the point of OMG they are NOT playing that AGAIN and turned a fun song to listen to into a groaner, sad huh? But once it started going I really got into it. I like how he mixes all the songs together like that to tell a story. Brings back a lot of good memories of summer and friends, sniff, I miss those days ok now I'm being corny lol.

I totally agree with you all! I love that song.. ok I went back a few years myself hearing this.. and really Kid Rock - Wow. Reminds me of a wonderful summer I spent, doing all those sort of things living not far from lake michigan and the wild little parties we had out on the beach with the campfires.. love the vid too. Good memories flooding back.