Photo
- - - - -

Green living tips?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hi Everybody!

Since we are a crafty and resourceful bunch, I've come across many posts where we often share bits and pieces about "living green" and being eco-conscience. I was wondering what you all thought about creating a new section where members can post tips and how-to's for going green?

Any thoughts?

#2 Guest_Bean Sprite_*

Guest_Bean Sprite_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

I love the idea, because I have a lot to share.

#3 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

EXCELLENT idea!
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#4 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

I really like that idea as well Lela.

#5 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Let's see what Bri and Sands think.

We already have several sections where tips like this could be posted. The Soap Making and Other Crafts, Botanical (for green/organic gardening type stuff), Home Made and Herbal Remedies (this would be a great place for frugal and green tips), Food and Drink (could put frugal recipes, etc there).

Somewhere, however far or near, there is something very dark and grim hurtling toward each one of us. We just don't know when it will hit. Then, quite suddenly, it won't be all right at all.

#6 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

An alternative to a new forum section would be a social group, where people would post their tips and hints and then anyone interested can go and read them. It also allows for ongoing discussions. If Sands and Brian decide against a new forum, then I will happily set up a green social group for you. The Skinny Witch group is going well.
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#7 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

That's a social club I would join!
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#8 arabi

arabi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

An alternative to a new forum section would be a social group, where people would post their tips and hints and then anyone interested can go and read them. It also allows for ongoing discussions. If Sands and Brian decide against a new forum, then I will happily set up a green social group for you. The Skinny Witch group is going well.

Great idea Tana. I'd be on board for that one!

Somewhere, however far or near, there is something very dark and grim hurtling toward each one of us. We just don't know when it will hit. Then, quite suddenly, it won't be all right at all.

#9 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Tana, the idea of a social group is great.
Rebie

#10 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

OK will set one up. We need to agree on a name first. Something catchy.
How about: Green Witches? I think there must be a better name out there than that!!! :grin_witch:

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#11 Lela

Lela

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:26 AM

That sounds like a good idea! I didn't even realize we could do that. Sign me up!:eheheh:

Here's some name ideas for the group:
Eco-Friendly Witches Group
Eco-Witch
The "Green" Grimoire

#12 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

I love the idea of a social group and think "Eco-Witch" or Eco-Witches" would be a wonderful name. Short, sweet, and to the point. :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#13 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

I like Eco-witch, or Eco witches.
Rebie

#14 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Social group set up as Eco-Witches ready for all to join. Will post an announcement in Chit chat.
)0( Tana )o(

#15 Wyrd

Wyrd

Sub Rosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

OK will set one up. We need to agree on a name first. Something catchy.
How about: Green Witches? I think there must be a better name out there than that!!! :grin_witch:

How about " Wild by Nature " or " Witches by Nature "

Wyrd
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when It's open

#16 LDG

LDG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

Oh oh oh how about "The self sufficent witch?" that was the only thing i could think of off the top. I am a self suffcient witch, meaning going back about a few hundred years aside from hunting my own meat for now, i want to live off the land and plan to build my own house from these two hands like my oma and opa did (that and i wont have to pay a mortgage either). I love this idea btw:hearts2: I may just have a blog about it in the near future.