Is meditation part of your repetoire?

Grymdycche

How important is meditation to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How important is meditation to you?

• Extremely - it's a daily ritual
    • Moderately - I do it once a week or more if possible
    • So - so, nice if you have the time I guess..
    • Never - it's just unnecessary

How important is meditation to you?

I try to do this on a normal schedule...but unfortunately life itself isn't on a normal schedule LOL!

Its very important to me unfortunately busy life sometimes keeps me from doing it as often as I like.

Lucky for me my parents (who just became Buddhists) turned my old bedroom into a meditation room. Now if I could just find the time to use it more often.

Meditation is a very important part of my daily life....I meditate every night and during the day if I can squeeze in the time.

Meditation, by my personal definition of it, is exteremely important; however, I have often been told that what I do is not meditation but pathworking. To be honest with you, I'm not sure of the difference. I "jump into" someplace and sometimes I just hang out there, sometimes I get info. But then again, many guided meditations take one "someplace" and you can just relax or they have you meet a "guide" and get info... so, I can't really answer lol But whether pathworking or using it as a way to practice extreme focus, I'd say it is a very good tool/practice for me. I find if I don't do it often, I get odd urges to "pop" somewhere at inconvenient times (like while driving) so I try to do it on a regular basis...

Meditation is very important to me, but it's hard with an autistic child at home to find the time to do it as often as I would like. Usually by the time I have managed to get her to go to sleep I'm too tired to do anything except pass out in bed. And of course she's up before me too - where does she find the energy?

I guess I'm using meditation in much the same way that Michele is, letting my mind wander to wherever it wishes and being open to what I might find there.

I used to meditate twice a day - morning and night - but I never seem to have the time to do it anymore. I try to, before I go to bed, but I often fall asleep in the middle of it. I hope to resume my usual schedule (ooh, I sound like a commercial) when life has calmed down.

Absolutely , I tend to do it when ever and where ever I can , but I've always meditated with my eyes open {I sleep with them open as well} and have been told off several times for 'zoning out' in public ..ah well:witchnana:

I love to take the time to just sit aside to meditate and reflect on things, but unfortunately quiet, undisturbed moments are hard to come by. I meditate when and where ever I get the chance.

I start and end my days with meditation, and use it in some of my work. All are for oxygenation and energy. Morning for strength, energy and pain relief. Evening for rest and pain relief.

Then when there is work to be done It adds strength for my work.

I used to meditate every morning when I lived with my little boys dad. Out in the garden, bare feet in the grass, it was wonderful. But now I am a single mom, with no garden, just a little walled yard, & no spare time. I miss it so much. :(

Can you make time for yourself when the kids are asleep? My Mom and I both do that. She always made time for herself after she checked on us, and taught me how important it truly was. She had Kids and grandkids around all the time. She taught me it was so very important not to lose who YOU are, no matter what. And as the kids get bigger, Let them know that yoy need your own time as much as they need theirs. That's why She taught us all to make food for ourselves. More advanced as we got older.

AND why she was so hard on us about keeping our rooms clean. If you raise them to be independent and disciplined, you will reap great rewards.

Meditation is important as it forms the basis of my magical work. I find it relatively easy to practice daily, as there are many repetitive tasks in my everday life.

Well, the ironing does seem neverenending at times. :rofl:

I started doing it in the mornings while the rest of the family was on vacation, but once they came back, it was difficult to find time for, and I've stopped (for now).

If I could just bring myself to get up a bit earlier, but I'm no morning person, lol.

How long does a session typically last for you? I did about 5-6 minutes of focusing on breath, keeping the mind as clear as possible. I remember one morning I almost broke into giggles, heh.

I don't get to do it as often as I would like. I try to fit it in at least 2-3 times a week, but life just always seems to get in the way. I'm lucky if I can fit it in once every other week these days.

How long does a session typically last for you? I did about 5-6 minutes of focusing on breath, keeping the mind as clear as possible. I remember one morning I almost broke into giggles, heh.

Depends? Normally, I do it for as long as it takes to achieve whatever it is I set out to do during the meditation which could be anywhere from 10 - 45 minutes, sometimes longer.

How long does a session typically last for you?

Each session is different. If I am ironing it can be hours; if I'm sweeping a few minutes - deliberate "stop and meditate"s are around 15 minutes to ? hour.

I seem to do really well for a while meditating every day then I go through a time when I just don't seem to get it squeezed into the day. The problem seems to be that the older one gets the fewer hours in the day, lol.

Raina

I never actually stop and meditate in the strictest sense of the word. I think the "weed" pulling in the garden is probably the best "meditation" I do ... I don't really think about anything for the hour or two I'm out there. Very relaxing! Ironning, too, although now that the kids are gone I only do that once in awhile when I screw up and wear something that needs it. Other times (especially stressful ones in the office) I'll just stop, center myself & clear my mind for a couple of minutes. Helps a great deal (I haven't killed a client, yet)!

I think it's interesting that many of you have mentioned meditating, but not in the classic sense.

I guess any intense focus of concentration can be considered meditation, so long as the mind doesn't wander undisciplined.

I sometimes get in that state when playing piano or guitar. I always referred to it as "being in the zone", it's like you lift off the planet or something, you become the music.

I wonder if perhaps troubleshooting isn't similar too? I've been troubleshooting almost daily for the past 20 years - first electronics (I was a bench tech), then computers, and now networks and systems. Troubleshooting's a learned skill which requires one to think extremely logically and chronologically, using leaps of deduction and often it requires extreme focus and concentration on one thing.

Of course, nothing beats just sitting down quietly and getting deep down inside yourself.

Like others I can meditate while I'm ironing or weeding and I enjoy that and find it simple to do.

At night I usually take an hour or so and it is a very controlled and focussed meditation. I was once told that what I did was self hypnosis, whatever you call it, it works for me.

I sometimes use this as a jumping off point to wherever I am going or should I say, intend to go. I don't always end up exactly where I meant to be but I have'nt had a bad experience so far

I meditate regularly and have taught my children some meditation techniques I have a great little book that i would recommend to anyone

Its the 'Gaia's busy persons guide to meditation'

Archived