Photo
- - - - -

Tarot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:06 AM

Cool...what do the cards look like? I did once own this one strange deck called "One" (I think)...it was very graphic and stimulated some weird images inside of me as I tried to do a reading. Needless to say I no longe own that deck...and the person who did take it ended up burinig it because (as she put it) the cards haunted her dreams at night.

#22 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:09 AM

Greetings Anj

Well the HR Giger one is all his artwork as a Major Arcana Deck .. you knida need to dig his stuff - then the book and the cards can give some awesomely deep (drop the coin ... listen ... wiat ... there is no bottom!) type readings ...

Fraternally

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#23 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:21 AM

Cool...will definetely look ot for those

#24 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:33 AM

Scott, I think I am a bit of an old fogey in that my two favs are the Rider-Waite deck and the Thoth. I do love some of the more recent decks, particularly the artwork and those decks which make links to mythology and culture. I just haven't found any other deck which calls to me. When I started working with Tarot there weren't many decks around and the more unusual ones were quite hard to get hold of. I think the recent explosion of design and availability is great though and if i do find a deck I feel a draw towards will definitely investigate.
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.