Solar Eclipse next month

Ethira

Here's the article from the paper that I read today

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25849049/

is anyone going to be in the path of this that can anyone please take and post pictures and tell us about your experience? The closest I've ever been able to come to seeing a solar eclipse is a partial one about 20 years ago in Texas, we weren't lucky enough to be in the black out path and this is just something I've always wanted to see, but I never seem to be lucky enough to be in the path of total black out.

On a side note here though I read Snowspirit's post on the northern lights while looking up eclipses (the search engine on this site really IS my friend ;)) and I just have to say you lucky girl!!!!

Guest Varillon

Oh man, it would have to be outside my viewing area. I'd actually buy a solar filter for my cam for this.

Aww poo. I'm outside this one.

I have a 80mm refractor scope with a solar filter too!

I desperately need to get a camera mount for that thing, and get my SLR fixed.

From what I can understand, i think I am not in the path. Darn. I wish I was.

Rebie

I know I too am out of the path - darn

Here's the article from the paper that I read today

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25849049/

is anyone going to be in the path of this that can anyone please take and post pictures and tell us about your experience? The closest I've ever been able to come to seeing a solar eclipse is a partial one about 20 years ago in Texas, we weren't lucky enough to be in the black out path and this is just something I've always wanted to see, but I never seem to be lucky enough to be in the path of total black out.

On a side note here though I read Snowspirit's post on the northern lights while looking up eclipses (the search engine on this site really IS my friend ;)) and I just have to say you lucky girl!!!!

I can't remember but I think I am

Archived