Cherokee Fried Hominey

Cello

This is very good and SO easy to make. Thought I'd just share it with you all.

Ingredients:

a few slices of bacon

1 can WHITE hominey (that big corn for those of you who aren't sure)

minced onion (I use about 1 small handfull but it can be changed to your own taste)

ground peper (optional)

1. Fry bacon in pan until crisp. Take it out of the pan and set aside. Leave the grease in the pan!

2. Pour in the hominey from the can. Make sure you drain the juice from in first.

Note: You can add the minced onions before or after (or even with) the Hominey. Ofcourse, if you put it in first it will cook faster.

3. Fry hominey in pan. There is no set time. I might toss it around for 5 minutes just for the hominey to soak up the bacon grease.

4. Pour into bowl. Crumble crispy bacon over it and serve.

It's an old Cherokee recipe.

This is very good and SO easy to make. Thought I'd just share it with you all.

Ingredients:

a few slices of bacon

1 can WHITE hominey (that big corn for those of you who aren't sure)

minced onion (I use about 1 small handfull but it can be changed to your own taste)

ground peper (optional)

1. Fry bacon in pan until crisp. Take it out of the pan and set aside. Leave the grease in the pan!

2. Pour in the hominey from the can. Make sure you drain the juice from in first.

Note: You can add the minced onions before or after (or even with) the Hominey. Ofcourse, if you put it in first it will cook faster.

3. Fry hominey in pan. There is no set time. I might toss it around for 5 minutes just for the hominey to soak up the bacon grease.

4. Pour into bowl. Crumble crispy bacon over it and serve.

It's an old Cherokee recipe.

This sounds yummy :) Thank you for sharing this with us :)

Archived