lmao Indeed!
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#22 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

So it isn't the number of posts, which makes sense to me, but the attitude that allows us to become Full Members. Hmm.. thought I'd been respectful long enough so how long is long enough? Just curious. I am not hiding nor changing my profile all that much except to make it more accurate as I can. Hmmm... how well do I need to be known is yet another question. Oh well, deep subject round here!

:ani_witch_moon: as the moon turns I continue to ride. lol

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.

~Sally Kempton

Theneva~ Theneu, Thenu, and Denw. The daughter of a Pictish king.

(I believe this over the xtianized name explanation)

#23 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

So it isn't the number of posts, which makes sense to me, but the attitude that allows us to become Full Members. Hmm.. thought I'd been respectful long enough so how long is long enough? Just curious. I am not hiding nor changing my profile all that much except to make it more accurate as I can. Hmmm... how well do I need to be known is yet another question. Oh well, deep subject round here!

Looking back at the forum announcements it would seem that the member statuses are reviewed on average twice a year. As this has just been completed you are probably looking at March/April next year (naturally at the discretion of admin and moderators as with all forums).

I'd caution that membership of any community isn't just about being respectful it is about making a contribution that helps to keep the community alive and growing.  I have no seniority on this particular forum but I do run a community of my own and the primary thing I look for is people who contribute as much as they learn and who demonstrate the confidence to challenge existing ideas and spark lively debate among members. If you want a specific heads up on what this forum looks for in a full member you could always try messaging one of the powers that be. Alternatively keep posting, keep talking, keep learning and don't worry too much about where the path ends, enjoy the journey.

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#24 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Couple of bits of info, just to help or clarify...

Firstly its not so much attitude as knowing what someone's attitude is, i.e. knowing them. People are entitled to their own attitudes, there isn't a right or wrong one we are looking for. We just feel that it is important to really know our members as much as is possible on a virtual community, before allowing seekers to go to full.

Secondly the hiding or changing profile thing referred to was a specific incident when a few trolls bent on mischief were being annoying. Its not something most members need to worry about.

Lastly the decision to upgrade people is a very positive process and when we feel the time is right, it happens. Its not a process with a charter of procedures or rules, its intuitive but guess what... it works! After all we are all Witches and your Mod team use the best of their abilities to carry out the upgrade process.

Please don't any one be upset if they are waiting to be upgraded. It is not a personal attack on you. It will happen when the time is right and you will look back and see that the wait was worth it.

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#25 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

Yes! I agree with this structure. The Internet can harbor some seedy characters. Anonymity can bring out the worst in people.
I think it's great that there are administrators that make it safe here for everyone.

#26 LightBurner

LightBurner

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

I'm going to sound really stupid now, lol, but what's a crabby member?

I've never heard that term before... and google was no help, lol.

crab·by
ˈkrabē/
adjective
adjective: crabby; comparative adjective: crabbier; superlative adjective: crabbiest
  1. irritable.
    synonyms: irritablecantankerousirasciblebad-temperedgrumpygrouchycrotchetytetchy,testycrusty, curmudgeonly, ill-temperedill-humoredpeevishcrossfractiouspettish,crabbedpricklywaspish
    "sorry, I didn't mean to be so crabby"
    antonyms: affable

Ref: https://www.google.c...k1.trIGhlhNgBM 

#27 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:37 AM

someone who seems overly frustrated or impatient, possibly because they have an itchy crotch ;)

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#28 Lilu

Lilu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:42 PM

I am an admin on a support forum and have had to say similar things. It is ridiculous the negative energies that people send out.  Good luck with such a big forum and of course thank you for letting me be a part of it. 

My Writer Support Forum http://heretherebewriters.jcink.net a positive home to any kind of writer.