• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:38 AM

Crabby, shitty, arrogant members? Are you one? If you are please feel free to leave. Some things are not discussed on this forum for a variety of reasons, which to be honest we do not have to provide reasons why. Threads may be deleted and some members might be banned. It's forum life, and no we don't need to justify the whys or whats of our decisions.

WARNING: Those of you who have decided to delete your profile information after joining (eg What does Traditional Witchcraft mean to you answer) or attempt to make a statement on here with stupid avatars because you disagree with something, please know that you will be banned. This place is for people who can hold their own and have the guts to speak up if there is a problem or disagree with an admin or moderator decision - even if its via PM.

We don't have time nor the patience to pander to those who cannot grow up and want to form their little cliques on here.

If you don't like the rules here then go elsewhere. We don't need or want your type here.

Have a nice day now!

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

I'm going to sound really stupid now, lol, but what's a crabby member?

I've never heard that term before... and google was no help, lol.

#3 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

Crabby is another word for someone being shitty and an asshole. I would even go as far to say this also applies as being arrogant, conceited and disrespectful.

.. crabby was just a nicer way of putting it, but since you asked :D

Posted Image
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image

#4 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

Comes from crab apple Terri , {ie bitter withered and not edible }
Oooh dear Sandy , I don't envy you your job sometimes but you do do :thatsit:with great decorum and grace which the rest of us appreciate :thanks:

:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#5 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

Sandy, I think you are absolutely right. I remember arguments and name calling(put quite mildly) from a former board, and I don't go there anymore.
While I DO express myself, it is not against any members here, just life in general. But the meds have been adjusted, so that should be clearing up soon.
When I came here, I found a wonderful accepting group who accepted me after they got to know me and folded me right in to the group. They made me feel protected and respected.
I don't want this board to go in that other direction, truly.

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#6 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

Comes from crab apple Terri , {ie bitter withered and not edible }

Y'know, I always wondered about that. Thanks SF.
I thought it came from "crabs" somehow, but I couldn't see the connection.

..Although someone with crabs would be pretty irritable too! lol :naughty:

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#7 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

Crabby members? Are you one? If you are please feel free to leave. Some things are not discussed on this forum for a variety of reasons, which to be honest we do not have to provide reasons why. Threads may be deleted and some members might be banned. It's forum life.

WARNING: Those of you who have decided to delete your profile information after joining (eg What does Traditional Witchcraft mean to you answer) or attempt to make a statement on here with stupid avatars because you disagree with something, please know that you will also be banned. This place is for people who can hold their own and have the guts to speak up if there is a problem or disagree with an admin or moderator decision - even if its via PM.

We don't have time nor the patience to pander to those who cannot grow up and want to form their little cliques on here.

If you don't like the rules here then go elsewhere. We don't need or want your type here.

Shit I"m gone for a few days and what has happend LOL!

#8 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

G - your sense of humor keeps me rolling. :rofl:

#9 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

Y'know, I always wondered about that. Thanks SF.
I thought it came from "crabs" somehow, but I couldn't see the connection.

And inedible :naughty: hehehe

#10 Guest_Bean Sprite_*

Guest_Bean Sprite_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:31 AM

Did somebody say crabs?
Only good with butter.:cauldron:

Thanks Sandy and Brian for keeping out the crabs. This too is why I left a previous board. I think adults should be able to converse maturely.

#11 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

A couple of seekers got the hump because they didn't make it to Full Member last time round. We have these rules for a reason. Being a Full Member is not a secret handshake club, it is there to ensure that those who really BELONG here can give even more contribution to the private forums.

To those seekers who threw or are thinking about throwing their dollies out their prams - you must understand that we have to get to know you personally first. We have to trust you too. The only way is to post proper posts (not 100s of Hi and Welcomes) and you need to get to know the admins and moderators a bit more. There is a reason we do it this way and if you are offended then you don't belong. Period.

Posted Image

#12 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

A couple of seekers got the hump because they didn't make it to Full Member last time round. We have these rules for a reason. Being a Full Member is not a secret handshake club, it is there to ensure that those who really BELONG here can give even more contribution to the private forums.

To those seekers who threw or are thinking about throwing their dollies out their prams - you must understand that we have to get to know you personally first. We have to trust you too. The only way is to post proper posts (not 100s of Hi and Welcomes) and you need to get to know the admins and moderators a bit more. There is a reason we do it this way and if you are offended then you don't belong. Period.

Personally, I agree with the "Seeker before full member". With all the previous nut jobs we have had trolling through this site...I am actually kinda stand-offish (sorry newbies...please don't take this as me being a bitch here).

If they can't handle the fact that they need to actually take the time to post and get to know us and allow us to get to know them...then they need to not waste either their time or our time.

#13 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

I agree with the seeker before full member policy also. It is nice to be in a forum that does this. It is my experiance that most witches are cautious before completely bringing someone in to the private part of their life as a witch.
Rebie

#14 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

I absolutely support the site on this policy.
It's for everyone's benefit, in the long run.
Those of you who are seekers now will appreciate this more once you are here longer - you'll probably see that the "filtration" process is well justified and come to be grateful for it. ;)

Thanks go out to Sandy, Brian, and the mods for what is a treasure of a forum, and for keeping it focused!

9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#15 Varillon

Varillon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

I absolutely support the site on this policy.
It's for everyone's benefit, in the long run.
Those of you who are seekers now will appreciate this more once you are here longer - you'll probably see that the "filtration" process is well justified and come to be grateful for it. ;)

Thanks go out to Sandy, Brian, and the mods for what is a treasure of a forum, and for keeping it focused!

Kiss ass...oh you knew that was coming :eheheh:

When it comes to life practices, spirituality, and religion, there is a higher level of commitment involved. You don't become a Catholic or Buddhist over night, so why expect full access to another very powerful and sacred society in the same length of time? I like knowing I earned my place here and that I'm considered family. That alone means as much to me as my craft. Communing with real witches is very sacred in and of itself. In just a few short months, I've made lifelong bonds with people who will always be there for me and I for them. That takes spending the time to gain trust.

#16 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

When it comes to life practices, spirituality, and religion, there is a higher level of commitment involved. You don't become a Catholic or Buddhist over night, so why expect full access to another very powerful and sacred society in the same length of time? I like knowing I earned my place here and that I'm considered family. That alone means as much to me as my craft. Communing with real witches is very sacred in and of itself. In just a few short months, I've made lifelong bonds with people who will always be there for me and I for them. That takes spending the time to gain trust.

Yup...fully agreed.

#17 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

Its well worthit to go thru the process cause not only do others get to know you but you get to know them & along the way you might learn something about yourself.

Sapphire

#18 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

LOL !! Ya got me, V! :kat: :kiss:

#19 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:06 AM

LOL! I thought the same thing...And Im really behind on everything here!

[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#20 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:35 PM

LOL! I thought the same thing...And Im really behind on everything here!

Ha ha! Extra homework for you till you catch up, Mr President! :witchnana:

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.