spinney

Do you believe in ghosts  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts

• Yes and I have had experiences
    • Yes but no experience
    • not sure
    • No

I do,and I have had some very odd experiences over the years, my daughter can also 'see' ghosts or spirits. If yes what are your experiences and how have they changed you views. In some ways I see ghosts as a more solid thing, something you can see or almost see, spirits you can feel.

Guest Rebie

I believe in them because I have had many experiances since I was a child. I have only seen one with my two eyes maybe twice. But I hear them, feel them touch me and sence there presence. My oldest daughter has seen them with her eyes. When I close my eyes I can see them with my third eye. That is how I can tell what they look like.

Rebie

Yes, I do believe in ghosts/spirits. The last experience I had was with my boyfriend's grandmother who let us know that she was very present with us shortly after she passed. We were checking up on her condo and while we were there she turned the hot water heater on and off and closed windows on us that we had opened to air out the place. As we began accusing each other of doing these things, she didn't care for us arguing and turned the tv on and off a few times to let us know of her disapproval. Needless to say, she definitely got our attention and we apologized for arguing in her home.

Aha! I just discovered a glitch in the poll system.... I think.

It allows you to select more than one option. (The giveaway is that conventionally, round "radio buttons" mean one exclusive choice, where square checkboxes mean multiple choices available ;))

But being that I'm somewhere in-between "not sure" and "Yes but no experience", lol.. I hit both and they took.

How can I be "in-between" you ask? I figure because even though on one hand I'm "not sure", something in me still said to invest a few hundred $$ in ghost gear and books, that's why! :D So I must really believe.. or something... I dunno.

I have nearly all the gear* any ghosthunter would want, and last December I came extremely close to joining South Jersey Ghost Research (headed by Dave Juliano). In fact, I missed the final interview only because of an emergency at work where I couldn't leave and had to do 10 hours of overtime, :mad2: and that blew it for me until next time they take applications.

*For insight, if anyone is curious,here's my ghost gear list. This is pretty typical of the modern ghost hunter tech.

* Sony TRV-308 camcorder with IVL Infrared emitter accessory

* Nikon N55 SLR camera

* Cellsensor EMF meter

* GaussMaster EMF meter

* Raytek MT-2 digital gun style IR thermometer

* CSI6500 K-type thermocouple digital thermometer

* Cen-Tech 92242 K-type thermocouple digital thermometer

* Compasses

* Radar gun and laser pointers

* Olympus 4400 digital voice recorder (for EVP)

* Olympus analog (tape) voice recorder (for EVP)

* 2 Crown PZM microphones

* IR based alarm system - triggers on movement

* Wireless IR camera w/ receiver and television monitor.

* Laptop loaded with Adobe Audition software to manage EVP.

* Aluminum Cases w/ foam to hold all this stuff, and numerous other small, supportive items, like high power flashlights, red LED flashlights (to preserve night vision), tape, notebooks, pencils, chalk, etc..

The only things I wanted but didn't get was the Trifield Natural EMF meter (the best of it's kind), which goes for about $160, and a full blown set of IR cameras - but a good system of 4 cams goes for around $1,000 - too much for me alone! Oh, and a set of night vision goggles would be cool too. "Eyeclops" is coming out with nice one for about $80 soon.

Yes I most certainly do and I've had experiences. One that used to always tickle the heck out of me was when I was about 13 a friend of mine that lived next door told me her house was haunted, the ghost was that of a young girl and she liked attention, and she didn't like it when it got too quiet in the house lol. I didn't believe her until I stayed the night with her, we were there by ourselves, her parents had gone out for the evening. She had a long haired cat and the cat would stop like someone was petting her, the crazy thing about it was you could see a hand moving down the cat in her fur. Then while we were watching a movie, the girl decided we had gotten too quiet and proceeded to dump the entire front pocket of a backpack full of pencils and pens onto the floor. We checked it for holes just in case, of course there weren't any, and then proceeded to spend the rest of the night closing/opening cabinets and doors that the little girl would get a hold of and telling the little girl to stop playing with the piano as it was freaking the cat out. LOL None of it scared me (except for the pens, wasn't expecting that), but it certainly made for an interesting night. After that I stayed over there as often as I could.

Guest Varillon

FYI, there should be an option when creating polls where you check if you want to allow people to choose multiple options. We use vBulletin too ;)

I gotta say I believe. I've never actually met a ghost, but too many sane people I know have.

Oh, absolutely! My Dad was with me for awhile, because we were close. But I think he has either found a new place to land, or he is finally found a golf buddy. Which is good, since his hips were so bad that he couldn't play anymore, and that made him sad.

My grandmother is ALWAYS with me.

There is a ghost in this house that has always been here. Strange, because we bought this house new. They all seem to be observers or guides and feel warm and benevolent.

I got so hung up on the technical, I glossed right over a few experiences again.

Thing is, I'm not convinced of their authenticity, so I tend to discount them.

But, here they are:

When I was eight or so, one night, I was home alone with my older brother, who was sick and in bed upstairs. Being young as I was, I was staying up there with him as I didn't want to be alone in the rest of the house. My parents and other siblings had gone out for ice cream or something, I'm not sure.

I decided to quickly venture downstairs to get some cookies. I hopped up on the counter as usual so I could reach the shelf. Then I heard it. Someone coming up the basement stairs. I had recently conquered nightmares at this point in my life, and told myself I was just hearing things. I resolved to stay put and face this fear, and half-expected the footsteps to "fade away". .but no, the footsteps just kept coming, and they got louder, and came closer to the floor I was on.

With maybe 2 steps left to go, I broke down and bolted upstairs like a maniac. lol About 5 minutes later, everyone returned from the trip. To this day I have no idea what that was. Maybe someone stayed behind that I didn't know about, but if that was the case, I should've remembered someone explaining that to me, because I definitely told everyone what just happened.

Fast forward to the present in my house (which unlike my parents' house, we bought used) , and my son (at age 2 or 3)has seen a man in the house twice now - who wasn't there. He once started to wave towards the front door,when my wife asked who he was waving to, he said "the man standing right there.." and also once saw him at the foot of the basement stairs, sitting on an old red stool that came with the house when we bought it. It was 6 months after that last "sighting" that a neighbor causally told us how the previous owner's dad used to sit on that red stool and get his hair cut - at the foot of the basement steps!

Cue Twilight Zone music, that kinda creeps me out.

When I'm in the basement, I frequently hear noises upstairs that sounds like someone walking around - and just last week, I heard it, and I was the only one home, my wife and son were 500 miles away! I used to think it was just settling or thermal differences, that kind of thing, but sometimes the sound is a little too intense for that - too "real". The week before that I was in the basement with my son, and the wife was out shopping. We both heard the front door open and close and her walk in and across the house, and we went upstairs to greet her and see what she bought - only to find she hadn't come home yet - it was just the two of us. We both could have sworn we heard someone enter the house.

My wife is quite convinced we have a ghost. My gear has never shown me anything though. I've never "seen" anything, nothing has ever floated or gone flying across the room on it's own. If we have a ghost, he's rather subtle.

So, no, I've never seen any, but maybe I've heard them, and my son seems to have seen them. Or something.

Yes, I believe in them, seen / encountered plenty !

The latest ones are in a shop I work in, there are several ghosts there, they're quite active. They don't seem to cause any bad feeling, they're just there. We know who one of them is. There is an apartment above the shop which is also haunted, but whatever is up there makes everyone uneasy. I've been in there once, & I certainly won't do it again. My friend won't even look at the doorway when she walks past it, it has always made her so uneasy. One day earlier this year she finally plucked up the courage to look & saw a woman hanging there, with a twisted, distorted face looking at her.

But yes, I personally have experienced them.

I do believe in ghosts. I've had experiences with different spirits since I was a small child. On certain occasions I am able to see them but more often I hear, smell, or feel their presence before they choose to show themselves.

I remember once a few years ago I was in an old library. I was standing between two shelves of books with a group of friends talking. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of something peering at us from one of the book shelves. One of my friends and I quickly looked in the direction of this thing and just like that it vanished. We looked at each other and I said, "You saw it too." He nodded to me, confirming that I wasn't just seeing things. That library in particular has with it some of the strangest and down right creepiest ghost encounters I've seen, or heard of from others who've been in there.

I've seen ghosts and spirits in many places I've gone to visit, and the older the place is the more encounters I tend to have.

Guest Varillon

I should probably correct my meaning. When I said I had no experiences with ghosts, I meant apparitions of the dead. I do have experience with spirits which I consider different. Ghosts and ancestors are likely the same thing for me. I just tend to differentiate because I think there are tons of things out there that were never in human form. :D

I've never seen the full on floating in front of me yarrgle experience but there are places that I get very strong impressions of things having happened which then seem like stories to me { or I'll dream them}

I didn't realise this was happening until recently when someone read one of mine {which I think is one here 'the mason's promise} and said 'That actually happened' and showed me the records of it in the local museum which I couldn't have seen because they were in the store room :Spider-1:

YES. I saw one when I was about 5. This was in Japan. It is an infamous ghost that I've seen. I was so scared I ran down the stairs and hid under a piano. :spook:

I have always believed in ghosts and have been having experiences since I was a little girl. I've had a lot in this house though, it goes through cycles of being very active to dormant. We're in a pretty fairly active phase right now. It was quiet for a few months, then when I went on vacation things started up again. Nothing in the past week or so, but there was quite a bit of tom foolery going on here about two weeks ago lol

Nothing malicious here anymore, just a presence. This house is over 100 years old and used to be a boarding house for steel mill workers :thumbsup:

G's bizzare dream reminded me of a ghost I encountered one time. I was at the cemetery visiting my mom & stepdads graves & looked up to see a man hung on a cross & the front of him had been sliced open & gutted like a fish. It was so horrible to look at I wished atthat time that I didnt see ghosts but you got to take the good with the bad in everything i suppose.

Sapphire

I do and have had some expericences with them over the years, my daughter use to play with a set of children that lived in our house in Oklahoma, I never seen them, my son & I but did see the old man in the first house we lived in, in Oklahoma. And have had some others too.

Absolutely I believe! Not only are my grandmother and my father-in-law watching over us (very tangibly to me) but someone inhabits our house with us - and they had at least one large cat. We bought the land and cleared for the house so whoever they are, they have been here for quite awhile. The land was last logged off about 50 years ago and there is an old homesite <just the impression remains> about 50 feet from the house which we think is over 100 years old. I've seen her and the cat as what are normally called "ghostly apparitions" - discernible figures but whitish & transparent and we've heard him knocking about.

I have not yet decided whether I believe in ghosts or not, assuming ghosts are "spirits" trapped in this dimension (or here by choice, I guess). I do believe in ghost sightings and interactions, but have not yet decided if they may be "psychic imprints" or "real" things... Perhaps they are a mixture of both. Many sightings just see the figure wandering around a specific place, doing odd things, but not interacting. Those may be imprints. If one actually interacts with them, thenthere is the possibility of something more, but whether it be ghost or spirit/entity that has come here and somehow breached this plane, I don't know.

Yes, I believe in ghosts since being a child. One old house we lived in a few years ago we had a little boy who would creep about half way down the stairs and sit with his head poked through the rails watching what was going on in the living room. My daughter, who was thirteen at the time, was the first to see him.

In England my aunt's house had a little old lady who would walk through the old kitchen every once in a while. She was dressed in a long dress with a pinny and she wore a mob cap.

In the house where we live now, it's an old log house about 100 - 120 years old, I haven't actually seen anyone but every now and again I hear someone coming up the stairs.

Raina

Archived