POLITICAL POSTING: Please read.

Cairelle

Okay, there seems to be some confusion about what's appropriate to post and what's not in regard to politics, so I'm going to outline it to the best of my knowledge and Sandy and/or Brian can modify as they see fit.

The Chit Chat forum, IMO, is basically open to whatever topic you want - politics, sex, hair color, bad kids, whatever. It's called chit chat for just that reason - it's chit chat. HOWEVER, please make sure that you title your thread with something that indicates the content. For example, Kate's Iraq post said "Great article... " or something along that line in the thread title, so it didn't really indicate that it was such a heavy political thread. Not everyone is interested in that and it's only polite to advise a thread's contents in the title so that those not interested can skip it.

For the full members, there's the "Private Playground" as well. Anything can be posted in that forum too - again, please just title the thread to reflect the contents.

As to posting links to the sites of political candidates, that is a BIG no-no. This is not the place to campaign. We have members here from all over the world who don't necessarily care to get involved in another country's electorial process.

This is a very open board and we generally have free reign to say what we want... but in that spirit, let's try to keep our non-witch posts self-moderated to reflect our respect for other members of the board.

Thanks for reading.

Guest Varillon

We try to keep these same expectations on my board as well. I very much approve.

Since we've been on the topic of politics, I have a question. What if someone wants to post a link that is against a candidate or at least mentions something they are for or against? Is that still off-limits because it would fall under the rule of no candidate links? Thanks for trying to keep this place clean! I know what a job it can be.

Guest K8tdydBel

I'm so sorry for causing such a mess. Perhaps this issue needed to be addressed.

LOL..... Know one knows me here on a very deep personal one on one level yet. Anyone who knows me well would have know "Great Article" by Kate would have meant politics....LOL

Guest K8tdydBel

I really have no intentions of making this forum a political one. I'm here to socialize, especially since there are no other trad witches in my city; only one wiccan coven. I also want to learn more about what other trad witches like to do in terms of their craft. Unfortunately most of those topics are discussed in the private full member area. As I do enjoy politics, that's not what I'm here for.

:troll:

Kate

Myself and Brian have discussed how to handle the recent political posts because in this past week the only thing that is being discussed is the war or oil etc.

Its enough now.

Any political posts that are not relevant to witchcraft will be deleted and if its politics you want to talk about or discuss, please go elsewhere, unless it is related to this site or this path in some way. The ONLY place on here where we will allow members to piss/whine/moan/bitch/crab about politics is in the Private Playground Forum which is only available to Full Members, not seekers.

On another note, if anyone has the audacity to post a thread with links to political candidates, no matter who they are, consider yourself instantly banned.

This is NOT the place for it and will not be tolerated.

Guest K8tdydBel

Well actually, the only political things being discussed in chit chat are a dog ban law, and a fashion law in one city, Flint Mich. Neither of which have anything to do with witchcraft, but they do have an affect on everyday life, and nothing affects everyone as much as needless war. I posted the article about the oil pipe lines, but no one discussed it. I see it has been deleted, but that's fine by me cause the subject was never discussed.

That's all I have to say about this whole "politics" mess. I've made almost 100 posts and only started one thread about war for oil. It won't happen again.:spellcaster:

Myself and Brian have discussed how to handle the recent political posts because in this past week the only thing that is being discussed is the war or oil etc.

Its enough now.

Any political posts that are not relevant to witchcraft will be deleted and if its politics you want to talk about or discuss, please go elsewhere, unless it is related to this site or this path in some way. The ONLY place on here where we will allow members to piss/whine/moan/bitch/crab about politics is in the Private Playground Forum which is only available to Full Members, not seekers.

On another note, if anyone has the audacity to post a thread with links to political candidates, no matter who they are, consider yourself instantly banned.

This is NOT the place for it and will not be tolerated.

Well actually, the only political things being discussed in chit chat are a dog ban law, and a fashion law in one city, Flint Mich. Neither of which have anything to do with witchcraft, but they do have an affect on everyday life, and nothing affects everyone as much as needless war. I posted the article about the oil pipe lines, but no one discussed it. I see it has been deleted, but that's fine by me cause the subject was never discussed.

That's all I have to say about this whole "politics" mess. I've made almost 100 posts and only started one thread about war for oil. It won't happen again.:spellcaster:

Okay, I've had about enough of you and your "attention whore" grandstanding. Please, read the following sentence S L O W L Y so that you understand what I'm saying:

Shut the fuck up about this - DROP IT.

You obviously feel the need to have the last word on this subject, and what you're not getting is that you will NOT. This thread was not started as a personal attack against you. Yes, your "war for oil" thread did spark the discussion, but believe me you are not the first political witch to have strong opinions here that we've had to "temper" with a warning.

What you need to realize too is that you are a SEEKER here - in other words, you are here only because we are tolerating your presence like we do all seekers, watching to see if we want to continue to keep you here.

You are not racking up any brownie points, and I suspect if you continue the same behavior pattern, you're going to get your ass booted.

K8tdydBel has changed her email to bullshitliveshere @ hotmail which of course doesn't exist and is I suppose a form of statement that she no longer wishes to be here, fair enough, welcome to the former member list.

Archived