Photo
- - - - -

To cleanse or not to cleanse?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I have only had one deck of cards that felt off because they came from a person that had a lot of problems. Nothing a good incense and shuffling couldn't take care of. My other decks I didn't bother to cleanse because they felt fine. I agree though, that it seems that empathy and psychometry are being confused in this thread, something I had not picked up on the first skim through.

#62 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I actually got my primary deck from a Goodwill. I didn't expect to have any connection with Tarot but "needed" this deck in a way that was unexpected when I stumbled on it. I never did a full cleanse because I didn't expect much. I spent a few days shuffling and enjoying the art before I ever tried to do a reading. At this point they are very much mine.

I have no issues with others touching my deck, and I hardly ever read for anyone else. I've found that while most people enjoy looking at my cards (The Celtic Dragon tarot), most people won't hold onto them for very long. I suppose the cards claimed me as much as I claimed them. I guess if I ever feel the need I'd cleanse them, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

#63 Nabu

Nabu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Finding a deck at the Goodwill is a great find !!! Consider them " regifted " !! As far as the topic of cleansing , after a reading , I always reorder them so as to start the next with a cleared deck , not carring over the events from the previous reading. Energies are what give the cards a direction , good or bad ( considering what one may term good or bad ) .I do agree with Appalachin Witch , it is really up to the owner / reader as to the cleansing or not . Personal preference as with all things .

Nabu

Strong of Heart wins the Day , let not yourself be dismayed !

#64 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

I am exhausted as I type this so...But for me my cards are just an object that I use for magic. They are spelled to show me truth in all matters. The design of the spell protects them from retaining unnecessary energies "good" or "bad" So for me to cleanse them with herbs, salt, smudging or some other method would diminish my intent for the cards. The deck I use for most readings was purchased new and when the original spell to awaken truth in them was cast it involved a minor cleansing. So outside of a good shuffle to "reset" their focus I do not cleanse them at all. I do keep a charged amethyst crystal in the raw silk pouch that houses the cards to keep the energy of the spell strong and focused. Little mental and magical reminders of what magics are at work around me. I do have an older deck that was gifted to me from someone very close and when spelled for their unique use I did not perform a cleansing as any residual energy left behind was trusted and familiar to me. In fact that Deck is almost only used in a type of communication with that particular person so their energy is pretty crucial in my eyes.

Much the same goes for anything I am cleansing. I do not really "cleanse" anything aside from literally cleaning things unless they are being charmed for some kind of magical use. In which case most of my spells that involve charmed objects involve some sort of cleansing to create a sort of magical blank slate for my spell to be built on. I believe everything has energy in and around it and to constantly have to keep "cleansing" everything and every space around me is both redundant and exhausting. These energies are unavoidable and since I keep my wards and protections to shield me from all sorts of unwanted mojo cleansing spaces and things is not big with me except in extreme or unique circumstances where I would be cleansing something specific that had seemed to grab hold and linger in a space or object.hope that made sense

Edited by Davenport, 21 May 2013 - 04:45 AM.