Photo
- - - - -

To cleanse or not to cleanse?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#21 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

not to burst anyone's bubble or sound like I am trying to be an asshole. But everyone is an empath. Especially if they are a witch. It comes with the territory of being able to pick up on the emotions and energies around them at all times. I am very sensitive to people's emotions and energies. Specifically when I am doing a reading, and I am feeling blocked by their thoughts and fears. I have to be able to go through that. For me if I cleansed my cards after each day of reading I feel that it would almost interfer with my ability to work with all the emotions and energies left behind. By working and using the residual energies it helps me find the path of least resistance in reading for them and helps me give them a more honest reading.

#22 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

It's not that I don't want to "clean" the deck as I do smudge mine usually but not often or i'll pop them out in the full moon but they belonged to my friend who died. She read with them all the time and part of me wants to keep her around them but part of my thinks they need lifting so to speak so a ritual that blends both our energies would be fab, erm any suggestions? Sorry but i'm a real ditz!
I don't know if i'm an empath, i don't think so but I do have to be careful with me cards and if i'm healing or I can start mimicing people and their ailments until I ground and protect myself again.

Since you do want to keep some of her energy in the cards , your idea to blend hers and yours is great. Start to think about doing it and what picture comes to your mind? That will give you ideas of how to do this. Rebie

#23 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

not to burst anyone's bubble or sound like I am trying to be an asshole. But everyone is an empath. Especially if they are a witch. It comes with the territory of being able to pick up on the emotions and energies around them at all times. I am very sensitive to people's emotions and energies. Specifically when I am doing a reading, and I am feeling blocked by their thoughts and fears. I have to be able to go through that. For me if I cleansed my cards after each day of reading I feel that it would almost interfer with my ability to work with all the emotions and energies left behind. By working and using the residual energies it helps me find the path of least resistance in reading for them and helps me give them a more honest reading.

Oh me, did my bubble get burst?:roflhard:
Rebie

#24 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

Cleanse and charge, empath, my bubble did not burst!!! :happydance:

I cleanse and charge everything from my cards, to crytals, necklaces, rings, pendulem....well you get my drift!!! I just don't want anyones negative energy interferring with me!! I have enough of that at work and at home lately.
:cheerleader:

Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#25 Greenfeet

Greenfeet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

Since you want to keep her energy with the cards, I would not cleanse them. Not unless you are picking up a feeling that there is something that needs to be cleansed. This is a different situation then working with cards that had been handled by someone unknown to you.

You can always cleanse them later if you feel the need to. You can't uncleanse them once you have cleaned off her energy.

You mensioned smudging, what about getting out some smudge, have that burning on the side and just start talking to the cards and your friend and just listen to your inner voice and see what comes out of it? It may be you are just thinking about it too much, and just have to leave it up to your intuition.

I imagine most of us here are empaths to some extent. But as empaths we might each work with energies a little differently. I do not cleanse objects automatically, because often I get the object because it feels good in the first place. Since I am sensitive to energies, I trust my feelings on this and cleanse as needed, not automatically.

#26 Guest_K8tdydBel_*

Guest_K8tdydBel_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Well said Greenfeet. Things I've gotten from my grandmothers, I will never cleanse, unless someone with bad energies touches them, but that's unlikely.
You took the words out of my mouth when you said,
" I imagine most of us here are empaths to some extent. But as empaths we might each work with energies a little differently."

Tiffany, I agree with Greenfeet. Especially talking to your cards and your friend. I'd do it out loud too.

#27 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

You all are funny. You all seemed so gung-ho about being empaths that I didn't want my statements to potentially start a flame war.

But really everyone, witches and non witches, are empaths. Its a normal human ability that everyone has. That is unless you are a sociopath.

I understand the want and sometimes the desire and need to cleanse. But ultimately i think that is only in extreme circumstances. Perhaps i will clean my cards after a few years of reading for hundreds of clients. But ultimately the energy that i pick up on never really bothers me. I have read for drug addicts, abusers, rapists, as well as pious christians (as pious as the can be going to a card reader...lol) the hippiest dippiest hippies, the fluffiest bunnie wiccans, the "spiritual" people who aer into the eastern philosophies, etc... So yes negative energy has touched my cards but it has never affected me or any reading after it.

#28 Guest_kissedthepixies_*

Guest_kissedthepixies_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:22 AM

You all are funny. You all seemed so gung-ho about being empaths that I didn't want my statements to potentially start a flame war.

But really everyone, witches and non witches, are empaths. Its a normal human ability that everyone has. That is unless you are a sociopath.

And everyone can swim if they really want to but not everyone is an Olympic swimmer. Nor should we all be. I swim. I don't call myself a swimmer. Lots of people can feel for others.. not everyone can pick up an object and feel who touched it before due to emotional residue. I'm sorry, you haven't convinced me of anything. No offense meant.

If the next argument is going to be that we're all fooling ourselves into thinking we are having the experiences we are, I can
promise you that I wont' be listening. Energy doesn't bother you. It bothers others. Why try to convince others to be just like you?

Edited by kissedthepixies, 16 July 2008 - 05:24 AM.

#29 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:35 AM

I was never going to say your experiences weren't real. I have experienced things that if i talked about them to psychiatric professionals would probably get me committed for a while. LOL

I was never trying to make you believe what I thought was right. But using your swimming analogy if you swim regularly I would call you a swimmer whether you are competive with it or not.

Still if you want to cleanse something then cleanse it. My personaly belief with inanimate objects is that all energy that they pick up can only enhance them and their usefulness. The only thing that I regualrly will cleanse as in once or twice a year is my living space.

Have a good night!

#30 Guest_kissedthepixies_*

Guest_kissedthepixies_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

Fair enough.

#31 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

I clense my oracle cards and most of my tools, by sticking them on a shelf near the window so the moonlight can charge them. I also like to keep a little pouch of salt and bay leaves with my cards. I Find it keeps my cards happy and clean no matter who touches them or what happens.
"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#32 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:44 AM

I understand the want and sometimes the desire and need to cleanse. But ultimately i think that is only in extreme circumstances. Perhaps i will clean my cards after a few years of reading for hundreds of clients. But ultimately the energy that i pick up on never really bothers me. I have read for drug addicts, abusers, rapists, as well as pious christians (as pious as the can be going to a card reader...lol) the hippiest dippiest hippies, the fluffiest bunnie wiccans, the "spiritual" people who aer into the eastern philosophies, etc... So yes negative energy has touched my cards but it has never affected me or any reading after it.

What do you mean by gung-ho and bursting our bubbles anyway? Bursting someones bubble to me means you are informing them that they are incorrect and you may hurt their ego or happiness/excitement. Gung ho to me means you are so excited. Are those your same meanings?
Rebie

#33 Guest_kissedthepixies_*

Guest_kissedthepixies_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:00 AM

What do you mean by gung-ho and bursting our bubbles anyway? Bursting someones bubble to me means you are informing them that they are incorrect and you may hurt their ego or happiness/excitement. Gung ho to me means you are so excited. Are those your same meanings?
Rebie

Rebie, you aren't alone in your opinion. A lot of this post I found insulting but I'm trying to let that go.

#34 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

By no means was I trying to insult anyone. As far as the definitions go those are the meanings I meant.
Gung-ho re-read the messages on page 2 how do you think someone who would pick up a deck of cards and not feel any energy or walk into a place and not feel any energy would think about their abilities by reading your messages. The empath conversation was elitist in a way:

So am I. See the connection? :thumbsup:

We should see how many empaths feel this is important and compare to non-empaths. Maybe this is the reason. So if this is so, do people need to clean their decks and just arn't, because the empaths are picking up on something? (canary in the coal mine?) or is it just us...

To me it was indicating that if someone wasn't bothered by energy than they were blindly walking into danger. And if for som reason a person wasn't an empath then they were less developed in witchcraft. And thats simply not true

Bursting Your Bubble. I wwas really wanting to challenge your way of thinking about energy. But the way the responses were received was one I felt was hostile. Not that I was trying to convince you all of thinking another way, but that I was wrong. I give your ideology of cleansing credence, but besides one other person on this thread my theory and I have both been attacked as obtuse.

my statement here:

Have any of you all picke up the cards and been struck third eye blind? I am curious as to what your experiences have been with uncleansed cards.

was said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I know that lightening was not going to strike you for not cleansing.

I honestly don't know what about my posts could have possibly been insulting but please point it out to me. I did not attack anyone personally. I wasn't trying to be insulting. Trust me if I want to insult something or someone it will be very direct.

#35 Tiffany

Tiffany

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

ERM excuse me! Righto here is MY OPINION :witch_bounce:different strokes for different folkes. I was asking different opinions as i'm a bit at sea I certainly didn't want to start anything off. Now can we stop with the hostile vibes and the pushing for a ruck oh and i'm glad the convo made you laugh and we are all so funny. This was suppose to be serious for me. My friend died aged 34 and i'm desperate to hold onto anything of her that I can, phew deep breathing okay I have my happy face on again. Thank you for all your answers it has certainly given me plenty to think about. So far i've not even picked her decks up yet. i keep expecting her to shout at me "PUT THOSE DOWN" :omg2:

#36 Greenfeet

Greenfeet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

Ravenflyer: The "Bursting your bubble" comment and the tone of your post is what folks here were laughing at, not your opinion on the topic.

You post sounded condescending and rude. And even I, who have a similair view of the topic, was turned off by the very tone of it.

It is a good thing to try to remember that posting on the internet we cannot see body language and facial expressions or hear tone of voice, so often tongue in cheek does not work well here.

Sincerely GF

By no means was I trying to insult anyone. As far as the definitions go those are the meanings I meant.
Gung-ho re-read the messages on page 2 how do you think someone who would pick up a deck of cards and not feel any energy or walk into a place and not feel any energy would think about their abilities by reading your messages. The empath conversation was elitist in a way:

To me it was indicating that if someone wasn't bothered by energy than they were blindly walking into danger. And if for som reason a person wasn't an empath then they were less developed in witchcraft. And thats simply not true

Bursting Your Bubble. I wwas really wanting to challenge your way of thinking about energy. But the way the responses were received was one I felt was hostile. Not that I was trying to convince you all of thinking another way, but that I was wrong. I give your ideology of cleansing credence, but besides one other person on this thread my theory and I have both been attacked as obtuse.

my statement here:

was said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I know that lightening was not going to strike you for not cleansing.

I honestly don't know what about my posts could have possibly been insulting but please point it out to me. I did not attack anyone personally. I wasn't trying to be insulting. Trust me if I want to insult something or someone it will be very direct.

#37 Greenfeet

Greenfeet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

Tiffany, I am so sorry for your loss.

I am glad you are able to toss out the chaff and find some food for thought in this thread. - GF

ERM excuse me! Righto here is MY OPINION :witch_bounce:different strokes for different folkes. I was asking different opinions as i'm a bit at sea I certainly didn't want to start anything off. Now can we stop with the hostile vibes and the pushing for a ruck oh and i'm glad the convo made you laugh and we are all so funny. This was suppose to be serious for me. My friend died aged 34 and i'm desperate to hold onto anything of her that I can, phew deep breathing okay I have my happy face on again. Thank you for all your answers it has certainly given me plenty to think about. So far i've not even picked her decks up yet. i keep expecting her to shout at me "PUT THOSE DOWN" :omg2:

#38 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

I don't know if its just that I'm superstitious but I would cleanse and charge them for the first round. That's just what I would do, so that the deck can tune into you.

Absolutely! Make the decks your own.

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#39 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

You know forget it.
stop beating a :deadhorse:

Edited by RavenFlyer, 18 July 2008 - 08:11 PM.

#40 Tiffany

Tiffany

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Still undecided but so far i've been a wimp and not picked one of her decks up LMAO! what am I like :lalala: