Witches Museum Boscastle

Tiffany

Has anyone been there? My pal used to go so i'm taking the witchlings down for a visit soon. Have heard the energy is horrible wondered if anyone else felt that way?

I have visited the place, but that was before the floods. I've heard from a friend who was there last month that its back in excellent condition.

The Museum is not what some might expect though. Its does look at the malevolent aspects of witchraft, which puts quite a few people off. I know I was frustrated by the tittering of one couple whilst I was there and another person left rather hastily (without seeing the whole place) after viewing a rather tame exhibit. There is quite a bit of historical information, and its can be an education.

I enjoyed my time there, and will be visiting again when next in Cornwall.

AnjelWolf, the Museum has its own website here and you can see some pictures here. Originally opened by Cecil Williamson in 1951 on the Isle of Man, its undergone two changes of venue and one change of ownership. Its housed over two floors right on the harbour (hence it was hit by flood damage) in a rather wonky building. It used to be right opposite a fundie xian shop, which was cause for some chuckling on my part.

I'm a big fan...and go regularly. I recommend it for its interest and historical exhibits. Sadly some good stuff was lost in the flood, but they have done a fantastic job of reconstruction. Some great mandrake roots. It doesn't try to promote modern Wicca over the traditional folklore exhibits. I think if you go with an open mind, you will enjoy it.

While you are in the area, get to St Nectan's Kieve. If you google it you will see directions. One of the most powerful and sacred places in Cornwall. I have attached a picture! Take an offering to leave, the Guardians of the Kieve have an area you can leave these.

1133_thumb.attach

oo i'll make sure we go visit when we go down. I can't wait to get down there and have a general peek at it all so i'm pretty open minded but I have been warned about a speaking exhibit that reads from gerald Gardiner's works and that many people are creeped out by the energy of the place. I reserve judgement :thinking:

Love this place, we go whenever we get down to Cornwall.

If you can get there, I highly recommend it.

The first time I went there I almost cried with emotion, it was mad, i was overwhelmed by it all, wonderful .

I have been warned about a speaking exhibit that reads from gerald Gardiner's works and that many people are creeped out by the energy of the place. I reserve judgement :thinking:

Hmm never heard of that. The Crowley tape is quite interesting though.

Archived