- - - - -

The Rabbit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#41 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

OOOOhhh careful grym , straying into black eye-liner territory there.
I've just found out from me da that it's an emperor dragon fly , apparently they can get even bigger but they are usually blue :stars: wouldn't fancy seeing this thing bigger because although it's pretty it looks a bit like a pre-historic throwback ..
I'll try and get a photo next time but it seems to know when I'm coming in the room because it goes very quickly.

:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#42 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:27 PM

I did see some yellow dragonflies on the web, some where black striped but I don't remember one being called an emperor dragon fly. I'd love to see the picture. Is your gut feeling still that its a moving thing? From what I read they are fascinating because they rule both the water and air element. Which roughly translates to in the beginning they are rulers of emotion who change into creatures of great control and mental clarity.

#43 Heathen1

Heathen1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

I am no expert, and this may be something I learned that is only popular in one tribe, that your totem animal is the animal that you need to learn the lessons of. Not the animal that catches your eye or is your favorite pet, like some Llewellyn books teach.
For example, I was told by a shaman that my totem is an owl... apparently, one of the lessons I need to learn is silence. :jawdrop: Who would have thunk it? But that also I am good at studying.

#44 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:01 AM

Oh yeah , its definatly an emperor dragon fly just by the size of the thing , unless it's some sort of cross breed :stirring:
Hmm , I'm not sure , I think it's a change thing but I don't know..

:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#45 LadyHawk

LadyHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:29 AM

Owls can certainly be quiet, but they are not the brightest spark in the fire, contrary to popular belief.

We have a lot of large blue dragonflies down at the pond near me....I don't know much about them, but I love watching them, they are so graceful

LadyHawk x