- - - - -

The Rabbit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

I had an odd experience with wild rabbits this morning while I was on my walk/run. I was on my warm up round when I saw a rabbit ahead of me. He saw me as well and started heading towards the road. He stopped as I neared and was but a few feet away. I of course started a conversation with him. My neighbors must think I'm a nutter, I talk to everything including the birds. I said, "My what a pretty boy you are." And he sat up. He looked me up and down. We made eye contact for a moment and then I moved on. I thought to myself, "I really must look up what the meaning of a rabbit is..." when I looked up and another one was standing right in front of me. I stopped and talked to her too. She watched me as I walked past. Completely comfortable with me. I swear I could have reached out and petted them. I saw her on the next few rounds. At one point she crossed the road and watched me from another yard.

So, I looked up the meaning in my druid animal oracle and there seems to be a big change coming. Maybe I'm going to get my acceptance in the mail soon for grad school. *fingers crossed*

#2 Greenfeet

Greenfeet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Cool!

There are alot of connections between rabbits and witches in the folklore of the British Isles. I recall there being a thread about in TW.

#3 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

Could be .. could very well be but have a look at the meaning of jade rabbits as well , don't ask me why because I have no idea , I just get the feeling you should :witchbroom:
:cloud9: floating through life on a cloud of bubbles

#4 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

hmmm... Jade rabbit - sacrifice without injury to self. Kind of makes me worried about travelling today. :eek:

#5 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

one thing i have noticed about the word sacrifice is that people sort of freak out about it. When at times a sacrificei s more of a trade instead of a casting off.
But it seems like a sacrifice without injury to yourself is better than injury to yourself. Since if you hurt someone it wouldn't be a sacrifice as that can only come from the person willing to give it. maybe you need to look at what you can give that is not harmful to you or perhaps a trade off.

hoepfully thats not completely rambling nonsensical words.

#6 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

If you think you might have been able to reach out and pet them, would you try it if they showed up again? I know I sure would. As a little boy, I wanted to be like a "Dr. Doolittle" of sorts; I wished animals wouldn't run away from me.
I'd love to be the special one that could sit there in a wood and pet deer, rabbits, have butterflies land on me, etc..
Fluffy? Maybe, but there's nothing wrong with love and peace in the right context.

:rabbit: :bunny3: :bunny3: :rabbit: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :rabbit:

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#7 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

If you think you might have been able to reach out and pet them, would you try it if they showed up again? I know I sure would. As a little boy, I wanted to be like a "Dr. Doolittle" of sorts; I wished animals wouldn't run away from me.
I'd love to be the special one that could sit there in a wood and pet deer, rabbits, have butterflies land on me, etc..
Fluffy? Maybe, but there's nothing wrong with love and peace in the right context.

:rabbit: :bunny3: :bunny3: :rabbit: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :rabbit:

Oh no, not fluffy at all. I used to sit for hours at Girl Scout camp by myself petting all sorts of woodland creatures. Thank goodness my mom was always in charge of the camps - she seemed to understand me disappearing. I remember holding baby rabbits and petting deer and all sorts of other things. I always seem to attract feral cats, so I hung out with them as well. Its funny but, usually when I go for a run I end up with all the neighborhood cats following me.

If I run into these bunnies again - I might give it a go.

There is another possiblity on the translation of the rabbit messenger. I did do a reading. I haven't mentioned it yet because I'm still trying to decipher it. The reading included several animals that match the message of the rabbit. I have to think on it a while though.

In looking up the totem of the rabbit, since it could very well be a messenger totem. I found that things might be changing and that its best to accept the changes as they come, no matter how scary. Which matches up with the possibility of me going back to school as well.

Ravenflyer - I understand exactly what your saying. I think I'll have to wait for this to unfold. :D

#8 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

Aw man, TL.. I'm jealous!! :razz:

Welll. at least people's pets always seem to like me, including cats. I've had more than one friend or neighbor show surprise when their cat let me pet it, and they'd say something like, "Wow, he/she usually doesn't let anyone near, she must like you" but never feral, wild, or woodland creatures.

A Totem messenger - good idea!

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#9 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:36 AM

A sacrifice withount harm tou yourself could mean getting accepted to school and sacrificing a bit of spare time to keep your grades up. That certainly wouldn't harm you.
And maybe carrying a bit of carrot or celery for your new friends now and then might be a sacrifice from the garden or fridge. ButI would toss them to be a surprise treat. Wouldn't want the darlings to get too used to people, if they are wild. Innocent animals are often mistreated or killed by the evil factions and the Earth killers.

It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#10 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hate to tell you this TL , but I went back over my mythology books and found the bit I was thinking of , in chinese mythology Rabbits are associated with the protection of children especially new borns {when I read that I had a very strong 'thats what it is ' moment } So I think you might find a new person around soon {I'm trying to put it delicately :lolol:}

#11 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:58 AM

Hate to tell you this TL , but I went back over my mythology books and found the bit I was thinking of , in chinese mythology Rabbits are associated with the protection of children especially new borns {when I read that I had a very strong 'thats what it is ' moment } So I think you might find a new person around soon {I'm trying to put it delicately :lolol:}

Oh god, I hope not. I would love to have another little one but I'm pretty sure my husband would leave me since he's had a vasectomy. :P_witch::rofl:

"Wow, he/she usually doesn't let anyone near, she must like you"

G - I love hearing that too from people. I've yet to figure out if its because I don't rush cats, because they are huge on personal space, or if its because I have a special touch. I think it might be the latter. This weekend while at my mom's house, I went for a run and picked up a beautiful tuxedo kitty who followed me for a while.

I really appreciate everyone's input. Its given me a lot to think about in trying to figure out the meaning.

#12 soap fairy

soap fairy

fluffy chaos instigator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

Maybe it's a friend or a sister ???
Can't wait to see how this ones going to turn out:popcorn:

#13 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

Maybe it's a friend or a sister ???
Can't wait to see how this ones going to turn out:popcorn:

There is always that possiblity.... I would love another neice or nephew. :loving:

#14 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

There is always that possiblity.... I would love another neice or nephew. :loving:

Soap fairys information on the chinese mythology is a good one and is probably on the right trail.But I just wanted to add this also.
Rabbits represent fertility. Fertility does not always mean babies. Just a thought to add. Of course I think whatever your first thought was when you noticed them, that is what it is in refrence to.
Rebie

Edited by Rebie, 07 July 2008 - 09:44 PM.

#15 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

I kind of wander if the moment I saw the rabbit is the moment the decision was made to accept me into grad school. There is a lot of red tape to go through before I'll get my letter. The biology department has to send their decision back to the uni and then they have to send a letter to me. yadda, yadda....

I've been hoping the same thing Rebie - I was hoping the rabbit messenger was a messenger for the birth of my next stage in life.

#16 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:36 AM

I understand all the above, but I have rabbits visit me all the time. Whenever I sit on the steps of the front porch, they'll come within a foot of me and act I'm not even there or they just sit and look at me while I talk to them. I've only named one who is the most frequent visitor. I call him Mr Beard cuz he actually has a beard.

So whats it mean if they are always visiting me? Big changes? I'd be curious to know.
:lolol::lolol:

Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#17 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:09 AM

possibly a totem. not just the messenger type but an actual power totem. Do you have any established totems? I should ask - do you feel anything when they are near? Any thoughts in particular?

The reason I thought mine was significant is because - I've run this route for nearly 5 years - everyday. And this has never happened before.

#18 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:02 AM

No I don't have a totem, so, maybe this is mine. The only thing I feel is just a sense of of pure quiet. Kinda like all the tension is gone and I just feel good. All worries are gone, like, dare I say, pure peace in my soul. Sort of weird.

I will have to look into power totems and see whats what.

Earth as Body become Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#19 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

No I don't have a totem, so, maybe this is mine. The only thing I feel is just a sense of of pure quiet. Kinda like all the tension is gone and I just feel good. All worries are gone, like, dare I say, pure peace in my soul. Sort of weird.

I will have to look into power totems and see whats what.

That's really cool Morgana. that's exactly how I feel when I'm around a tiger. Unless its in a small cage and then I panick and pace and ask the caretaker a gazillion questions.

#20 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

I did a lot of researching yesterday and ended up at this website: www.sayahda.com/cycle.htm

I actually printed out the whole site. Had a lot of information that seemed useful. I also looked up the cardinal that pesters me when I'm in my garden in the backyard.

How many totems can you have? Asking cuz I found 1 site that for $40 bucks she would send you info on all your totems, past and present. Figured she may be a little wacko. :sickwitch:

Earth as Body become Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me