El Fin

Holly

Well... I just thought I'd let you all know I am going back under ground as far as contributing to this forum (and the internet in general) is concerned. This year has been particularly rough for me with school and finances, and then the flood effectively evicted me from my apartment for an undetermined amount of time. But the final straw on my back happened yesterday, when I accidentally packed my mac book with a bottle of water...

So my most expensive possession and one of the few things I salvaged from my apartment is ruined. I just don't have any strength right now. I'm not going to make more than minimal efforts in anything until time has passed and fixed things on its own. I guess you could call it depression, but I'm not interested in doing anything about it right now.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know why I'm such a flake :) Maybe I'll be able to visit again soon. I hope it's not good bye, but take care.

Oh Im so sorry to hear all that Holly! I trust eveything will get better very, very soon. Perhaps we all can send you some positive and strenghthening thoughts and what not. And no it is not goodbye, only see you soon!

Guest Rebie

Dear Holly, I am so sorry that you have been through so much lately. It must have just really been the most awful feeling when you realised what happend to your laptop. Take a little time to relax and recuperate but don't give up. Just take a break and get your spirits and strength back up. Hope to see ya soon.

Rebie

Sneding you some positive energy! If you need to chat, you have my email. Things will ge better and remember I'm here to help!

:hearts2:

Ahhhhhhhh hunny,

You most def have been through the wars this year, but, like its been said already on here, bit time, and as life tends to do things sort themselves out some how bit by bit. Am sending you tons of good vibes and lots of hugs sweetie, and,,,,,,,,, hopefully no- goodbyes just catch up laters,,,,, xxx

Guest Varillon

Holly, I'm so sorry to hear you will be awol. I really have enjoyed the chats.

And here's some good news! Pull the battery out of your laptop. Open the laptop, and set it somewhere warm. If you are technically inclined at all, pop off some screws, pull some things apart a little, and leave it open for a while. I guarantee bottled water won't destroy it if there was nothing else in it. Water is actually about the only suggestion to cleaning circuits these days without fear of destroying the etchings. I've saved keyboards with half a coke spilled in them just by using water.

The only catch is don't leave it in your car as the heat can melt the screen and a couple internal components. Remember, a laptop runs at well over 100 degrees F.

I've built computers for 20 years. Don't let anyone tell you it's done for good. Even if you have to replace the harddrive and battery, that's much cheaper than a whole new machine. Make sure you don't turn it on for over a week. Let that water evaporate.

GOOD LUCK! We're here if you need us.

Yep, if it was only bottled water, the laptop will dry out. (V, you were mighty young when you started if you've been building computers for 20 years!)

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, Holly. I'll send some positive energy your way... and of course it's not goodbye from you, but rather, you'll see us again when you're able. :D

Guest Varillon
Yep, if it was only bottled water, the laptop will dry out. (V, you were mighty young when you started if you've been building computers for 20 years!)

I had my first PC at age 5 and was taking them apart at 8 or 9, so yep. I was a wittle guy.

Holly, if you want one on one help, drop me a PM. I'll be glad to walk you through disassembly if need be. I know how tough it can be when you are young and money doesn't fall off trees. :)

Sending you strength and positive energy hun... I don't see a goodbye from you, I rather say we'll see you soon when things are better. :hearts:

Ranae xxx

Guest Tiger Lady

From someone who just washed their cell phone and sent it through the dryer - V is right it can be done. Pop it appart or if your uncomfortable find a computer friend that might be able to help.

I was really hoping that you'd be able to go back to your apartment and everything would be alright. I'll keep thinking about you and I know that when everything is back to normal - you'll be back. Sending good energies your way... :grouphug1:

Sorry to hear that life is treating you badly Holly, I really hope things pick up for you very soon.

As a long-time sufferer of depression, I know the feeling of just doing as little as possible to get by sometimes. Living is just so damn hard at times - you need to just step back and take some time. I tell myself that everything happens for a reason.

Take care of yourself and try to concentrate on the good stuff in life, as hard as it may be :hug:

I hope this isn't goodbye, but a "see you later", Holly. :wave: Come back when you feel up to it. :hug: I also hope things improve:crossfingers: for you quickly.:goodluck:

Man, I missed so much the past day being away from the computer.

V beat me to the punch, Holly, but he's right - your laptop might recover, and I serviced electronics 20 years ago as well.

However, if the laptop were on at the time of the spill (or even just hibernating) at the time, there could be real damage, maybe, especially if the water had any impurities - just to be perfectly honest about it. (I'd hate to jack up someone's hopes just to have them dashed even more)

If it was off though, just let it dry out and you'll be okay. You might be okay even if it was on. I used water all the time to clean off circ.. oh nevermind, V beat me to that too, lol!

I really hope you stay (or at least come back), and things should right themselves soon enough. - I know, easy for me to say. All I can say is, hang in there, and if you need a break, take one.

Best wishes!!!

Hey sweetie take care :) sending positive energy ur way and will light a candle for u

I know we will see u soon :D will miss u !

Oh Holly!

I know how you feel when that camel brakes the proverbial last straw. Take some time to regroup, rest & let things set themselves right. Maybe you were in need of a change you didnt realise you needed.

Hope everything gets better real soon. Will miss you.

SapphireMoon

Archived