Cleansing Crystals and stones

Guest K8tdydBel

Guest K8tdydBel

Hi everybody. i was really wanting to buy some crystals and stones, but was having problems finding a place here in Ottawa that sold them, and not just geods. well the other day my husband told me there was a booth by his work that was passing through, and they had all kinds of stones and crystals. LOL I love it! I just love how the universe works.

Anyways, I bought quite a few agates, my moonstone, and some crystals. I've read so many ways to cleanse my crytals, that I'm confused, and not sure what to do. Since I trust all you here, I thought I would ask you all. I read in another post that Anjel puts hers in the freezer.

I have a beautiful window quartz, my moonstone, botswana agate, a blue & a purple agate, turritella agate, tigerseye, sodalite, aventurine, garnet shards necklace, quartz, celestite, desert rose, black tourmaline, and petrified wood.

Yeah, we bought a lot of them yesterday.

I couldn't fall asleep last night, and I constantly dreamed about them, once I did fall asleep after dawn.

So I'd really like to know what any of you think about the cleansing, and energizing. :crystal-gazing:

I tend to place them in a dish of cooled boiled water then put them on a window sill so that they'll be in moonlight or sunlight depending on what they are {ie goldstone:-sunlight , quartz:-moonlight}

If I want a stone for grounding then I put it in a linen bag and bury it for a couple of days.

Guest Rebie

Soap fairy's way is my usual way of cleansing them. I usually put them in the sun to cleanse, or the dirt to cleanse. Then the moon to charge them up. But the moon can cleanse too. Like Soap Fairy said, up to you which one.

Rebie

Guest K8tdydBel

why thank you guys. I've heard of soaking in sea salt also, but to be careful, cause it can ruin the finish on some, and even dissolve others. I don't have time to wait for the next full moon. Is under a wanning moon okay?

Guest Rebie
why thank you guys. I've heard of soaking in sea salt also, but to be careful, cause it can ruin the finish on some, and even dissolve others. I don't have time to wait for the next full moon. Is under a wanning moon okay?

I think the moon phase is up to you. Personally I do the full moon. Soap may do it differently. IF I do not have time to wait for the full moon, I bury it in dirt.

Rebie

I agree with Soap & Rebie, it is so very close to what I do myself. If you really feel that you need to use them right away, I would try either the freezer or bury them in the dirt, I do it for 3 days. Then when the full moon comes back around recharge them at that time too. I use my stones alot and after hurting a couple of stones years ago with salt water, I never did that again and I found that it was not nessary. I check out each stone and each one is different some need only need a smudding while others need a water bath and sun. I have even done the freezer. Work with them and see how they feel after words.. you will learn real fast.. trust me.

Hi,

I have always soaked mine in water for 2- 3 days, then give good rince under running water[ tap] then i visualise charging it with energy, light, inside it around it. when feel its done few seconds sometimes minutes i tend to hold it on my fore head to link, bond, connect if you like, then silly but will tell here sod it, lol kiss it, yeeeeeeeeeeeees i know sounds funny but i do just a quick kiss, like you give someone on the cheek lol, its again like me connecting showing love programming it with my love vibe thankfullness for what work it will do.

I have and sometimes still do, it other ways, like moonlight sunlight earths soil under it, etc but this is my main way hun.

One word, i tooooo use to use salt over the many years ive been doing this, and generally it was ok, but occasssionally it would ruin a crystal, especially def black tormaline, honestly always on that one, some were fab and got ruined, but hey we all learn, practice, practice and more practice, experimenting etc all exciting, fun and important to learning ways , perfecting, x

Like Soap, Rebie, Startella etc...I do the same. I dont bury them however. Maybe I should start doing something like that.

Like Soap, Rebie, Startella etc...I do the same. I dont bury them however. Maybe I should start doing something like that.

When I bury them in the earth, I always put them into a hand made cheese cloth bag. That way I can find them and the earth can get to them very easily. I also tie a red string to the bag which comes out of the earth to find. I now live in an apartment and really don't have a place to put them in the dirt here, so I got a pot and put soil into it, which works just fine, for those with limited space or stuck in apartment living do try this. Smudging with sage works great too, last time I did this in my apartment (when I moved in) the smoke alarms all went off and I had a gathering of new neighbors.. LOL... opps my smudge stick was too big. I have a little porch area and we are on the ground floor so now these kids see me (or maybe smell me) doing really strange things out in my little area. (Darn kids are running around even at 3 am)

Guest K8tdydBel

Thank you sooo much everyone!

last night I put my stones and a few crystals in my freezer. My Celestite and window quartz I put on my window sill to be cleansed by the moon. I will deff. put them all out to charge under the July full moon.

I like Startella's idea of having a pot of dirt for putting my stone and crystals in. I can't wait to have a house. apartment living is ok, but not the same as having a house. I was raised in houses, so I'm probably more partial to the idea of a house. I want my garden, and my privacy. LOL

WHOOOHOOOO....

There's a thunderstorm roaring right now. I LOVE thunder and lightning!

Anyhoo, I need to visit the only witchcraft store in the city. I'm just hoping it's not some "Charmed" esque for teenagers "fluffy bunny" stuff as many here call it. I need to buy myself a mojo bag. Wish I was as talented as Tiger Lady to make things.

:cauldron:

Guest Rebie

Startella's advice on a pot of dirt in your apartment is a good one. In the past when I lived in an apartment, I kept a few plants and would bury my stuff in the soil with the plant. Good idea about using the cloth and the red string. I use particular spots in my back yard and know where to find mine because it is the only fresh dug dirt around. LOL. But using the red string would be a good idea just in case.

Rebie

Archived