Counter hexing

decemberstar

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around lately, I'm in CO visiting my family! And one family member in particular has brought a question to my mind. Is it possible to counter spell a hex placed on someone by another witch? Even without knowing the nature of the hex.

Here is the back story...my brother dated a witch a while back, had even moved in with her while he and his wife were having a lot of problems and had separated. She knew all of this of course, and I'm not saying that him being with her was right in the first place, however, he and his wife reconciled and my brother ended things with her. This was a few years ago and he heard nothing from her after that. About a week ago, my brother happened to see her again, while he was out riding his motorcycle. She walked up to him, without saying a word and spit at his feet, then walked away.

The next day my brother got in a nasty motorcycle accident. He was very lucky it didn't kill him and if he hadn't been wearing his helmet, it would have. He broke his tail bone, cracked his pelvis and tore the muscle in his forearm, not to mention the road rash he got.

So he was telling me about this while he and I were driving yesterday, and he showed me the place where he wrecked, a simple straight-away that he'd driven hundreds of times before.

He is convinced, and I am pretty certain, that this woman hexed him. Can anyone give me any ideas on counteracting any lingering effects of this hex? I mean, I know his relationship with her wasn't right to begin with, but I don't think that going back to his wife deserved that kind of measure.

So anyway, any ideas and/or help would be appreciated. I am also considering a protection charm to help him avoid this kind of situation in the future if he should happen to run into her again.

I would definately do a poppet binding. Make a Poppet of the woman in question and bind her from sending or causing any more harm to ur brother. When stuffing the poppet i would probably include some bay and maybe some haemetite to help absorb the negativity...so it goes to the the poppet and not ur brother.

I would also do a mirror spell to help reflect back anything she is doing to him and his family :)

If you are not sure of the nature of the hex, why not do a tarot reading or, even better, a bit of scrying to determine who did it and how. This will make it easier to counteract. Having the "signature" of the person who did it and the energy they sent, will make it far easier to repel.

I've always found a binding to be helpful, when a reflection (smoke and mirrors) is totally out of the question.

UM, hate to interfere here, but how do we know what went on in their relationship, and what caused her to do this.

Most of the witches I know don't do any thing like THAT unless there was something REALLY bad that happened to them first.

Unless you know both sides of the story, I would back away for awhile and see if he behaves himself, and she behaves herself.

I think I have to agree a bit with Jan on this one, personally. There's always three sides to every story (our side, their side, the truth) and worst case scenario all the badness comes back to bite YOU in the butt.

A protection charm or maybe a poppet binding like Circe suggested would be fitting since he is your brother...but who knows why this woman acted out as she did?

UM, hate to interfere here, but how do we know what went on in their relationship, and what caused her to do this.

Most of the witches I know don't do any thing like THAT unless there was something REALLY bad that happened to them first.

Hence, doing a reading first. A tarot reading or some scrying should give you the details.

At this point, I should state that, if I have the time, I always do a reading first to check the outcomes of any work I do.

Guest Rebie

Witches are humans like all the rest of the people in the world. Some are nice and some are not. Some have morals and some don't. Sinse you really do not know everything about this, including if she really did a hex or not, a protection spell for your brother would be best. That is what I would do. Scrying is a good idea, but I know for me that when it is someone close like a brother , sister or parent, I do not get a real good reading. Maybe cause I am too close to them. This is all just my opinion and how I personally would handle something.

Rebie

I would definately do a poppet binding. Make a Poppet of the woman in question and bind her from sending or causing any more harm to ur brother. When stuffing the poppet i would probably include some bay and maybe some haemetite to help absorb the negativity...so it goes to the the poppet and not ur brother.

)

I had a question about the use of the poppet here: can you use a poppet to represent two different people at the same time?

That sorta seems to be the methodology in this instance, but I'm not quite sure: that is, on one hand, the poppet clearly represents the witch, and binds the witch by way of it's own bindings; but also, you have the hematite absorbing the negativity from your brother by going to the poppet, which, in this case, would seem to infer a direct relationship between the poppet and the brother.

Or is it just that the hematite would act as a reflective shield to reflect the negativity directly back at the witch/poppet? If so, could that potentially cause a conflict in the spell by working to instead actually draw the binding (negativity) from the witch thus defeating the counterhex?

I know intent is a key element, but I also suspect that any possible inferred ambiguities in a ritual or spell could lead to issues with it's efficacy.

Yes? No?

Sorry for the confusion.. :)

You see, this is why I was not looking to do something harmful in return, but more or less to ensure some protection for my brother, because I do not know the nature of his relationship or how things ended or anything. I know only what he tells me of course, but how events played out seemed to me to have the hallmarks of a hexing. Now I have know doubt that my brother probably deserved some form of revenge against him, truth be told, he can be a real asshole lol, which is why I wasn't looking to send a spell back to the woman in question, but more a way to counter any lasting effects of the hex, if hex it was. ;)

All of your suggestions have been awesome and I really appreciate your input. Being close to my brother, of course my first instinct is to protect him, and since he really could have been killed in this accident, I felt that was going a little far. He is extremely lucky to be alive right now, and I hope that by having an inclination that he was hexed that he might be more careful about how he treats people.

Thanks all!

I am taking a totally different approach to this, as an avid biker. What type of rider training does your brother have? What were the road conditions when he went down? Had he been drinking in the last 48 hrs BEFORE the accident?

I ask do to the fact there may another reason for his accident. I've seen long time riders who wreck due to thier own inattention on the road, having a hang over, etc. Was there any sand, gravel, etc in the road he did not see? Did he take his eyes off the road for an instant? I am not blaming him, you just need to look at all the circumstances.

As for protection for him, if he doesn't have a bell on his bike, go to a dealer and purchase one. Give it to him and make sure he attaches it to the bottom of the bike. This bell will come with a story on what the bell is for (sucks up the road gremlins and then the ringing drives them nuts). Also, make a pouch with an onyx stone, rosemary herbs and put a little protections spell on a piece of paper and have him put this in a saddle bag. This should good protection for him. It worked for my sister and her car.

Your brother may want to reflect back to how he treated this woman. If he lead her on and then turned his back on her, he has a sincere apology to make. I'd bet that's what she's pissed about and can't say I blame her. Whether or not she intended to kill him or her anger whammied her intent, hard to say.

Archived