Light summer soups

Heres some specially for the skinny witches !!!

Flash fry some chopped spinach in a teaspoon of olive oil ,add chopped tomatoes , chopped garlic and red onions.

Pour over veg stock.

simmer for five mins.

blitz until smooth and serve with a drizzle of soured cream and chopped herbs

{this ones nice cold}

hot and sour soup

steam chopped chicken , prawns and beef.

put the pieces in chicken stock with sweetcorn , chopped onions and fine diced pak choi.

add fine diced chilles and garlic {ginger if you must but I don't like it :razz:}

Two teaspoons of honey and two tablespoons of red Chinese vinegar .

simmer for a minute or two while you beat an egg

bring the soup to rolling boil then stir in the egg so it forms strands

serve

{very good for head colds}

Guest Rebie

Hot and sour soup is my favorite too. It is also great if you are sick with sinus problems. Clears you up right away. Thank you for the recipe. Never tried to make it myself before.

Rebie

Don't be put off by the colour!! It does look a little organic if you know what I mean,

You can get pre made bases for hot and sour soup but I tend to find they have a lot of sugar and salt in them , if your sinuses are playing up ...Ramp up the chillies and get a good sweat on !:eheheh:

• 3 weeks later...

My hubby's favorite in hot weather is Cucumber Soup. I peel and chop fine a cucumber, dice fine green onions, mix it with a container of sour cream, thin it with milk, season with plenty of salt and pepper and dill weed. Put it into big ceramic bowls, sprinkle a pinch more of dill on top and set it in the fridge until dinner. This should be served cold, with the bowls cold too!

My hubby is skinny and he won't eat in hot weather. This is something I can get him too eat no matter how hot it is! It also does not require heating up the kitchen. :eheheh:

Guest Tiger Lady
My hubby's favorite in hot weather is Cucumber Soup. I peel and chop fine a cucumber, dice fine green onions, mix it with a container of sour cream, thin it with milk, season with plenty of salt and pepper and dill weed. Put it into big ceramic bowls, sprinkle a pinch more of dill on top and set it in the fridge until dinner. This should be served cold, with the bowls cold too!

My hubby is skinny and he won't eat in hot weather. This is something I can get him too eat no matter how hot it is! It also does not require heating up the kitchen. :eheheh:

That sounds very interesting and one more recipe for all the cucumbers I have in my garden. Hmmm....