- - - - -

Closed Eye Scrying

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

I thought I'd add this. Was looking through the section and couldn't find anything on it.

This method has always come easily to me, and it's taught me a lot. Some people call this third eye visualization or something along those lines. I think of it as a form of scrying, cause it acts the same way for me using a crystal or mirror. The deeper you get into it and just let it come, the better. It's a way for me to induce visions.

I start by relaxing in candle light, closing my eyes and focusing on the glow between my eyebrows. (You can see it in the darkness, to me it looks like an almond shaped purple glow). I send out a message to it letting it know what I want to see, or ask a question. Usually when I will a message to it, it looks like lines shooting up to it. The more relaxed I am, the quicker the answers come. The glow from my third eye usually becomes brighter, then sends down images. Sometimes the images will get really vivid, and colors I can't even begin to explain become a part of it. I think that means that you've gone into the higher vibrations. Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

With this, answers or messages usually come symbolically. If you're asking a yes or no question, you can always ask before you start what symbol means yes or no.

When you get used to the experience and know how it's going to happen for you, you'll start realizing that there's hardly any limit on what you can do with it. You can summon elements to empower you or be present, as well as call a spirit. (Be careful with this one, because a lot of times the spirit you've called isn't the spirit you wanted. There are ways to indentify them though.)

P.s. Don't forget to focus on your breathing! Let your breaths take you deeper into the experience.

If you have another technique or anything to add to it, please share! :)

#2 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

I thought I'd add this. Was looking through the section and couldn't find anything on it.

This method has always come easily to me, and it's taught me a lot. Some people call this third eye visualization or something along those lines. I think of it as a form of scrying, cause it acts the same way for me using a crystal or mirror. The deeper you get into it and just let it come, the better. It's a way for me to induce visions.

I start by relaxing in candle light, closing my eyes and focusing on the glow between my eyebrows. (You can see it in the darkness, to me it looks like an almond shaped purple glow).

It just makes me wonder why didn't I think of that? :) Sounds like a great technique to me.

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#3 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

I do something similar right before I go to sleep (um, minus the candle, LOL!). I seem to have a lot of clarity when I'm in that zone. Usually the light I see is white, or blue. I don't actively direct my thoughts, as in questions, etc... but rather attempt to let my subconcious come through and show me what I need to see. I'd like to have more control over it, but I think in that sleepy state I may not be able to. I don't know.

I am going to try your technique. I think something like that would suit me. I'll let you know how it goes. :heart:

Thanks for the post.

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#4 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:36 AM

You're welcome! Happy scrying!

#5 Guest_Wealhtheow_*

Guest_Wealhtheow_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

I've done something similar to this a few times as well - works great, but I find it awfully hard on the head after a while! Maybe it's from keeping my eyes crossed too long looking at that point of light between the brows....LOL!
Thanks for the tips, I may start practicing this again and delve into it further.

Wealhtheow

Edited by Wealhtheow, 11 June 2008 - 08:49 PM.
spelled something wrong again

#6 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:35 AM

Lol! That's funny. :P

Oh! Another tip, especially for beginners. Self Affirmations and Hypnotic suggestions work great with this as well.

Example: You're staring into the darkness and trying to see the glow. You could say in your mind, "My third eye will glow brighter when I count from 3 to 1." Remember to believe this, and count down slowly.

From my experience with doing suggestions, it sometimes helps me to add *feeling* with it.

Once you get the hang of it, you can start strengthening the energy there. Just see and feel the energy going to that glow. Then feel it merge and become one with it. For me it glows brighter.

Note: Try not to over-do it in one sitting. One time, I channeled a lot of energy there and it felt solid, like there was a rock or something in my forehead. If this happens, its easy just to smoothe it out, or get a crystal and send excess energy into it for later.

#7 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

I've done this for years, except, I use it to relax. Tonite is not the nite as I am extremely tired. I usually see a pale yellow/white flame.

I also have been doing a 3rd eye exercise that is great for a beginner. I will dig around and see if I can find the book its in and post it. Only tools are vicks vaporub, a candle and a chant. Good for learning to meditate too. See if I can find by tomorrow. :laugh1:

Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#8 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:07 AM

Hey this sounds very close to an exercise to relax that I did some years ago. I'll give it a whirl again.

I also have been doing a 3rd eye exercise that is great for a beginner. I will dig around and see if I can find the book its in and post it. Only tools are vicks vaporub, a candle and a chant. Good for learning to meditate too. See if I can find by tomorrow. :laugh1:

would like to see it, if you happen to find it!:)

#9 Guest_Staje_*

Guest_Staje_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:04 AM

Interesting, I've done something similar in the past like practicing martial arts while having my eyes closed and being able to see the energy in a very dull purplish, blue going through my body as i make my strikes and blocks. As well as being able to see my bone structure in a dull greenish blue.

#10 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

I found this an interesting technique.  I see a lot of things when I close my eyes, most of which is not that exciting, but rather random and inconsequential.  For me, scrying implies searching.  When I close my eyes and search for something, I can actually find it in half the time as I would if I kept my eyes open, as strange as that sounds.

#11 Orin

Orin

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

Great post! I'll be giving this a go. I do something similar minus the candle. I am having a little difficulty with scrying at the moment.

walkingspider.gif

#12 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

It makes sense... most of the accepted "5" senses are of mundane reality - physical reality. And the spirit world is of an other reality. So to remove one of the most-depended on senses (sight) would change the way the mind is functioning and the "reality checks" it is depending on.

M

#13 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

It does make sense Jevne. As soon as you close your eye your brain waves are supposed to change closer to a meditative state. Also, there are less distractions. 

#14 TheOn3LeftBehind

TheOn3LeftBehind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

I do something similar!! I go into a slight trance to do this.  Usually, when I see something after I get into the slight trance, I try to "run after it." I know that sounds weird, but what I'm doing is chasing after what I saw in my vision to see if I can get some more detail, which then leads to more images that are similar to that one.  I love this technique. :D

Woman, I saw you riding on a fence switch with loose hair and belt, in the troll skin, at the time when day and night are equal.” -Reference from C. E. Law of Vastgotaland

#15 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

I've had some very threatening experiences with it as a kid and teenager.

Also, it can be a pain when you want to sleep and you see the room through your closed eyelids, lol

#16 Michael

Michael

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

I will be using this technique. Thank you so much for sharing!!

- Michael

#17 midsummer

midsummer

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

I found myself doing this involuntarily last night when I was trying to sleep. I did get some interesting insights, especially the very clear image of a man's face - one I've never seen before. I'll have to dwell more on it I think. I'm tired this morning though!

#18 Emberalone

Emberalone

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Growing up, as far back as I can remember, I did something similar to this (though not in any way structured). I quit doing it (among other things) in my teens for complicated reasons. Anyway, I would close my eyes and relax and let the images I could see just float around and do what they would, sometimes pushing gently on my eyelids with my fingers to kick start it (okay, I know, bad for the eyes) and then I'd start to drift, but not the kind of drifting that led to sleep--more sideways than down (I'm hoping that makes some kind of sense). I guess you could call it a trance state, but I never attached any labels to what I was doing because it just was what it was, you know? I thought everyone did it. Anyway, after a time the shapes would start to come together, and I can't really explain it, but I understood that I was being shown something, and I understood what the something was meant to convey. The information was always useful to me, but never like predicting some huge calamity or anything, just day to day stuff to help get me through a difficult childhood. When it would be best to spend the next day primarily by myself in the scrub oak or buried in Ivy in a little ravine (eating Spam from the can lol) or high up in a tree, for example, or sometimes just a clear, strong reassurance that things would be okay. Or that something or someone did love me, somewhere. Okay, that makes no sense, and that was probably TMI. I guess it's just really hard to articulate things like that for me, things that were just parts of who I was, and so things I never questioned or tried to define. I was just an unusual child--odd, you know? Does what I said make sense to anyone, and has anyone else experienced anything similar? I get that it could fall into some kind of category, but I have no idea what it would be called (now all grown up, I kinda want a label for it lol).

#19 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

It does make sense Jevne. As soon as you close your eye your brain waves are supposed to change closer to a meditative state. Also, there are less distractions. 

In some cases, such as with hearing impairment or blindness, the other senses have been known to either increase in their effectiveness or establish a new position in cognitive encoding for the purposes of accessing the unconscious mind and/or the short- and/or long-term memory.  Some might say that this makes the case for sensory deprivation or suppression, serving to awaken the 6th sense or otherwise psychic-type abilities.

#20 moonstone

moonstone

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

I've been using closed-eye scrying since I was a child, I just never had a name for it. As far back as I can remember whenever I close my eyes I see lights of different colours and shapes moving. It's a lot easier to see in the dark, and I usually do it before going to bed. The patterns and colour combinations are always different, but the speed of movement is important I've come to realize. Once I start relaxing and focusing, the colours blend together into different images. Sometimes they will be a disjointed series of images, and sometimes I see a whole scene play out. I always thought I was weird for being able to do this, and only just recently discussed it with my sister and mom. Apparently my mom has the same ability, which I found interesting.

I should also add that sometimes the automaticness, for lack of a better word, of this ability can get frustrating, especially when I am really tired from a long day and just want to sleep, but I just go with it. I wouldn't want to miss any important information lol