Clearcutting Forests for Paper

Dandelion

I get newsletters from my school and thought I might share this with you guys. I was really upset when I read this. There is a link if you feel like getting involved.

We were shocked to discover that Kimberly Clarke - the parent company of Kleenex, Scott and Cottonelle brands, supports clearcuts in some of our last ancient forests including the North American Boreal Forest. We use all recycled toilet paper now. If we all boycott Kimberly Clarke products and send them a message to let their execs know, they might realize that we do care about the source of our TP!

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaigns/forests

I use recycled TP as well. We are a big community that can spread the word. Totally boycott anything made by them. The recycled can even be a little more expensive, depending where you buy it. Which does not make sense. .

Yeah I've never understood why recycled things cost more. But we can all do our part to leave less behind.

Ya know...

I realy can't think of much that could not , or should not be re-cycled , not much at all.

You take a resource from the mining or harvesting stage , on through the prosesing stage , and then through the final manufacturing .

Seem's to me that re-cycling nearly eleminates the first step alltogether , and greatly simplefies the other two. I mean I'm no Einstein , but I realy can't see how it could be more costly or more dificult to re-cycle.

Seting up for it would cost some , but the cost you would save should pay for that rather quikly I would think.

Archived