• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:49 PM

Does anyone here "play" with ouija/spirit boards? My mum who is visiting at the moment brought me one gorgeous one over. I have always wanted one but have always had my reservations about using one, especially in my own home.

Any and all comments including protection ideas very, very welcome. The last thing I need right now is a bad-ass entity who refuses to leave! I would like to use it though (safely!), and not end up using it as something to put my coffee on LOL

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 DarkMere

DarkMere

Searcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:02 PM

I regard ouija boards as being in the same league as electricity. If you don't know what you are doing it WILL kick your ass, but then its perfectly safe in the hands of someone who knows how to deal with it.

Taking advice from a book, or even via this forum, is not the same as having a skilled person with you during the first attempts.

Would you really risk wiring up a 30 amp circuit, and then turn it on while you are holding the metal end of the appliance?

You only have to get it wrong once.

When I was 12, my mother used to make me use an ouija board with her. I always had a BAD ass feeling about it. Now in truth nothing bad happened, but maybe I got lucky and current never flowed down that 30amp circuit!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

#3 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:02 PM

Hi Sandy...

Yes I have one...I love it (sometimes I do my tarot readings on it as well and the response has been wonderful. Now the only thing I do prior to using my board is that I smuge thoroughly...then visualize myself in a white & purple shield...afterwards I smuge again. I've been using my board for years and have had no kick backs.

#4 victrola58

victrola58

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

Hi Sandy...

Yes I have one...I love it (sometimes I do my tarot readings on it as well and the response has been wonderful. Now the only thing I do prior to using my board is that I smuge thoroughly...then visualize myself in a white & purple shield...afterwards I smuge again. I've been using my board for years and have had no kick backs.

I like what you do before hand. When I didn't know how to protect myself I would have never used one. Now that I understand about cleansing an area and shielding myself - I might try it.

Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
*The Wizard of Oz*:wizard:

#5 victrola58

victrola58

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:47 PM

I regard ouija boards as being in the same league as electricity. If you don't know what you are doing it WILL kick your ass, but then its perfectly safe in the hands of someone who knows how to deal with it.

Very nice analogy :)

Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
*The Wizard of Oz*:wizard:

#6 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:24 PM

Greetings Sandy, All

Hmmm ... I still stick to my opinion formulated years ago that they are both Good and Bad .... simply because they DO tend to work SO WELL.

One thing that we rarely hear about (so if anyone here has some experiences in this area I for one would be interested to hear!) is the use of the boards to gather inof or contact with the living.

Years ago a one time acquaintance of mine used one to get info on me. Here is how it unfolded ...

I wake up my usual glorious self with the mouth that tastses like a gorilla's armpit and a head that looks like the unholy child of a bottle and toilet brush .... but this time it is burned into my head that I should get up, get ready and get over to B's house a.s.a.p. So I did.

As I was walking up the road to her house something made me stop and just wait for a while. So I did. I looked over at her house and noted that there was a very oppressive vibe coming from it. Thuse forewarned I kept strolling along.

As I ascended the stairs I thought "No ... quietly ... then dramatically once at the door" *Shrugs* Ok follow that hunch - always up for a bit of fun me sooo ... tip toe tip toe tip toe ....

The door is ajar. Hmmmm .......

Fling open door and say: "What in the name of hell are you up to!?"

Inside are a couple of people with B - one of whom was my first mentor.

I thought B. was gonna wet herself .. she did leg it out of the room which (not knowing what had been going on) I thought was a tad wierd. My mentor clapped his hands and laughed loudly shaking his head and the other two just sat there liek sheets.

The room was absolutely filled with smoke and seemd to be coalescing over the board and the whole room just reeked of "this has gone awry".

So anyhow I ranted out a few choice bits I had memorised from my studies at the time, pulling open all the curtains, opening the windows and door while the others followed my mentor's lead and sat back in heir chairs and relaxed.

Still the air was thick. I wandered over and held my hand above said board. "Tcha .. M what were you thinking letting this happen?" He just grinned and shrugged saying "Hey *I* am ok" I swept up the glass took it into the kitchen, washed it out and then smashed it in the bin. When I came back out the room was clear again.

Later my mentor said to me "I'm impressed. She was trying to get info on you through the board and it just seized up. Her special spirit wouldn't speak save to say you'd know it was her and that she was in trouble. Then it refused to leave. She asked me and I said 'Uh uh .. you called it you get rid of it' and she was still trying to do just that when you burst in ... nice entrace by the way .... good clearing too - simple and effective". LOL

Theatrical? Yep ... my favourite kind! *BEG* So was it me or was it something else, was it the work I was doing at the time, was it this that or the other ... who knows and who cares .. it worked well and made me look awesome - which to quote a bard:

"OOOOooo Babay that's a what *I* LIKE!" LOL

Fraternally

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#7 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

I like what you do before hand. When I didn't know how to protect myself I would have never used one. Now that I understand about cleansing an area and shielding myself - I might try it.

Thank you Victrola...I love working with my board and i find that the more I work with it the less shield I need to build around me.

#8 Teacup Witch

Teacup Witch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Does anyone here "play" with ouija/spirit boards? My mum who is visiting at the moment brought me one gorgeous one over. I have always wanted one but have always had my reservations about using one, especially in my own home.

Any and all comments including protection ideas very, very welcome. The last thing I need right now is a bad-ass entity who refuses to leave! I would like to use it though (safely!), and not end up using it as something to put my coffee on LOL

Sandy thanks for starting this tread I am bumping it up to renew its interest...

Well, I've used a ouija board a few times in my life and I am not really sure how I do feel about playing with them I believe that there can be serious consequences that can happen. I have not used one since I was in my twenties and probably never will since my experiences have not been that good by that I mean is the each time the use of the ouija board were productive but the experience were a little overwhelming and one was a bit frightening. I also saw something that supposedly is a true story about a teenage boy who played on his own with a ouija board and ended up bringing forth some enentity that caused awful problems for him and his mother.

Personally I do not have an interest in the use of a ouija board from my experiences with them to me they are not a game it is quite real and can be very disturbing.

:thinking: This is my own opinion on the the subject and advice [one does what one wills anyway]...

Regards, Teacup

Edited by Teacup Witch, 07 September 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Take Care,
Teacup

#9 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

I use Ouija boards, and have some that I've designed myself and am in the process of painting. In my experience it seems like they tend to contact only whatever spirit is hanging about in the vicinity of where the board's being used, and if they're there anyway I might as well talk to them! :) A friend of mine has one of the old Parker Brothers Ouija Boards, but she isn't comfortable using it alone and tends to only bring it out when I'm there. A few weeks ago I helped her use it with a few other people, but the other participants got creeped out by the fact that the planchette kept moving all the way off the board coming directly at me. Then when I had to leave early and got up for someone to take my place and said goodbye to everyone, the planchette immediately whizzed over and stopped on the "Good Bye" section of the board. hehehe.. They all decided to quit after that and I closed the board.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#10 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

I use one sparingly, but would like to develop my skill with it. Never had any adverse reactions, but then I'm very clear about what spirits I'm seeking. I don't just invite any old Tom, Dick, or Harry to take a spin on my planchette.

I know that Anjel's no longer around, but I love the idea of doing tarot reading ON the board. That may be my next endeavor.

The electricity analogy is an apt one, though I do think Ouija boards in particular have a bad rap due movies like The Exorcist. Just protect yourself and don't be reckless and you should be fine.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#11 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Interesting ... for those who have made their own boards.. did you also make the planchette?

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#12 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Interesting ... for those who have made their own boards.. did you also make the planchette?

I've been using a pendulum with my homemade ones, until I have time to experiment with making a planchette.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#13 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

A waxed playing card with a triangle cut out of it the size of the letters on the board works great for a planchette because it glides smoothly over the surface. I have also used upturned shot glasses. You can draw up a spirit board on paper in five minutes if you need to and use what you have around. Easy peasy and disposible. Great if you decide you don't like it and want it out of your house, just toss it!
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#14 Teacup Witch

Teacup Witch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

A waxed playing card with a triangle cut out of it the size of the letters on the board works great for a planchette because it glides smoothly over the surface. I have also used upturned shot glasses. You can draw up a spirit board on paper in five minutes if you need to and use what you have around. Easy peasy and disposible. Great if you decide you don't like it and want it out of your house, just toss it!

This was one of the methods I had used with a group of my teenage peers and it scared the living daylights out of us all...:omg2:

Take Care,
Teacup

#15 Teacup Witch

Teacup Witch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I use Ouija boards, and have some that I've designed myself and am in the process of painting. In my experience it seems like they tend to contact only whatever spirit is hanging about in the vicinity of where the board's being used, and if they're there anyway I might as well talk to them! :) A friend of mine has one of the old Parker Brothers Ouija Boards, but she isn't comfortable using it alone and tends to only bring it out when I'm there. A few weeks ago I helped her use it with a few other people, but the other participants got creeped out by the fact that the planchette kept moving all the way off the board coming directly at me. Then when I had to leave early and got up for someone to take my place and said goodbye to everyone, the planchette immediately whizzed over and stopped on the "Good Bye" section of the board. hehehe.. They all decided to quit after that and I closed the board.

I don't blame them Aloe for packing up the board, weird how it said goodbye to you...:woot:

Take Care,
Teacup

#16 MoonWood11

MoonWood11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

om..heck no! I don't!
When I was a teenager I had one. I played quite regularly. The spirits I always seemed to come in contact with were mean and vulgar. I played with various groups of kids from time to time. We were always so amazed by this thing and had really no idea what we were playing with. We just knew it worked and it answered questions right. I've seen my cousins run off from the board crying and screaming. We would be scared to sleep at night in the same house. Once we buried it outside to get it away from us.

Another time in my teenage years, I had one while staying at my best friends house. We played together all the time. We were always blown away by its answers. We would take it into the park and talk and then at home. Eventually, you couldn't not play with it, it seemed. It was almost like it beckoned to communicate with you. One night, her and I were playing and she became something different right in front of me. It was a hysteria of some sort and it scared the shit out of me. Of course, after that experience...I came up with some logical reason for it. She was having a bout of uncontrollable laughter and tears over something very evil that this thing had said. It went on for so long, I thought it would never stop. Of course, it didn't help much that her mascara was running and she looked like "The CROW"! LOL

Still even though, I started becoming afraid of it, I had to play. We would always play together, because we thought that was the only way it would work. After her incident, she wouldn't play anymore. So, because I couldn't resist, I would try to play by myself. I was successful at it, but, it wasn't as much fun. It was just like something I felt like I had to do.

One night, after a disagreement she and I had in the house....I went and slept in an old bedroom in the house. No one had lived in the room for years and years. I did fall asleep but, woke up to a shaking bed and a vision of flames around me. Needless to say...I ran like hell..and begged her and her momma to let me come sleep with them. I could hardly sleep that night! The next day..I burnt the damn board! I would never step foot in that room again. Part of me thinks now..that I created that experience for myself out of my fear of the board and anger. The other part..says...wth was that? I dunno! LOL

I am still curious about them to be honest. However, the experiences I had were so negative that I fear opening those doors again in my life.

It's interesting to me that the majority of stories I hear are negative experiences. I would like to hear more of the positive ones.

Good topic, TeaCup!

“After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning and company doesn’t mean security, and you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts and presents aren’t promises, and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child, and you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans. After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure… that you really are strong, and you really do have worth.” ~Veronica A. Shoffstall

#17 Teacup Witch

Teacup Witch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

om..heck no! I don't!
When I was a teenager I had one. I played quite regularly. The spirits I always seemed to come in contact with were mean and vulgar. I played with various groups of kids from time to time. We were always so amazed by this thing and had really no idea what we were playing with. We just knew it worked and it answered questions right. I've seen my cousins run off from the board crying and screaming. We would be scared to sleep at night in the same house. Once we buried it outside to get it away from us.

Another time in my teenage years, I had one while staying at my best friends house. We played together all the time. We were always blown away by its answers. We would take it into the park and talk and then at home. Eventually, you couldn't not play with it, it seemed. It was almost like it beckoned to communicate with you. One night, her and I were playing and she became something different right in front of me. It was a hysteria of some sort and it scared the shit out of me. Of course, after that experience...I came up with some logical reason for it. She was having a bout of uncontrollable laughter and tears over something very evil that this thing had said. It went on for so long, I thought it would never stop. Of course, it didn't help much that her mascara was running and she looked like "The CROW"! LOL

Still even though, I started becoming afraid of it, I had to play. We would always play together, because we thought that was the only way it would work. After her incident, she wouldn't play anymore. So, because I couldn't resist, I would try to play by myself. I was successful at it, but, it wasn't as much fun. It was just like something I felt like I had to do.

One night, after a disagreement she and I had in the house....I went and slept in an old bedroom in the house. No one had lived in the room for years and years. I did fall asleep but, woke up to a shaking bed and a vision of flames around me. Needless to say...I ran like hell..and begged her and her momma to let me come sleep with them. I could hardly sleep that night! The next day..I burnt the damn board! I would never step foot in that room again. Part of me thinks now..that I created that experience for myself out of my fear of the board and anger. The other part..says...wth was that? I dunno! LOL

I am still curious about them to be honest. However, the experiences I had were so negative that I fear opening those doors again in my life.

It's interesting to me that the majority of stories I hear are negative experiences. I would like to hear more of the positive ones.

Good topic, TeaCup!

MW, I can't take credit for the thread, it was started by Sandy back sometime in 2006; I bumped it up by liking the topic and wanting to add my reply. Thanks though I am enjoying reading everyones renewed interest... :Spider-1:

Edited by Teacup Witch, 07 September 2012 - 11:19 PM.

Take Care,
Teacup

#18 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

I have used them in the past. I don't now. One reason is that hubby doesn't want one in the house. He attracts negative beings like a moth to flame so its not a good idea at this time, especially if we bring children in to the picture. I compromise by having a pendulum board that I dont use while he is here ;). Hubby doesn't mind that.

When I was a child almost every house I lived in was in, or next to a graveyard, in fact I was born in a graveyard. So, when I was 10, my sister and I went to play with a ouija board in the graveyard next to our house. At this time, my sister was in to satanic witchcraft and was about 14. We put it on the grave and tried to use it like a telephone lol. It worked really well. My sister got a spirit that was very angry and didn't want to talk so we moved to another grave. This one spoke to me and asked me if it could be my "guardian angel". I said sure, like a dumbass. Now, I have a guardian spirit, but I met this spirit when I was 22 and it is not this being that I met when I was 10. I also have a very negative spirit that follows me, this one since childhood. I can't remember if I have seen this thing before the ouija board incident or not. I think so, because as a child I was always terrified of ghosts and the worst kind was a specifc "architype" of ghost that I will not describe, but the earlier memories get fuzzier the older I get. I had a recent epiphany that this negative spirit that has given me trouble me whole life if most likely this "guardian angel" who took this opportunity to come through on the board. A few years after this I started getting in to witchcraft because things would happen around me. People I didn't like would move away, get hurt or die, espcially if I did things like cut up or stab a picture or speak ill wishes out loud. Two of my bullies died horrible deaths during this time. I was a preteen at the time, but part of me wonders if it was actually my "will" doing these things or this "guardian angel" taking it upon herself to fullfill my wishes. If so, then this ouija board was the tool it used.

Even after this I don't have too many reservations about a ouija board in and of itself, but I do have MAJOR reservations about it being used by children or even around children. Adults can handle themselves and have an idea of what this board attracts and what its purpose is. Children don't and can easily be taken advantage of as they take everything at face value. Many years I spent in terror because of this thing, and another couple years in despair because I embraced it. It has taken years for me to be able to stand up to this thing and get rid of it. So, definately be careful and protected when you use this for spirit contact, but its just a tool. Don't fear the tool, but have a healthy fear of the things that are intelligent enough to use it for their own ends.

#19 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

... Don't fear the tool, but have a healthy fear of the things that are intelligent enough to use it for their own ends.

This.

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.

-Oscar Wilde

#20 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

I have a Ouija Board sitting on my dining table, under glass, just in case something gets spilled. Note: never get a Ouija Board wet unless you want it to never work again. I don't use it except for when someone comes over and wants to. I don't need a board for spirit communication, so it's more of just an interesting decoration.

Picture of my table
Posted Image