Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Slinky_Fox

5000 spells for sale

Guest Slinky_Fox

Big book of 5000 spells it's called.Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I couldn't find the book selling thread :(. I kinda hate to part with this book I'll probably not find a whole lot of use for it and I am a bit paranoid about someone like my parents finding it so I am going to send it on it's way to someone else. It's in good condition with a tiny bit of wear around the edges and a few scratches on jacket. I'm think maybe $30? shipping for it will be a bit expensive though like around $12. I live in the US. Maybe we could negotiate a price. I'm gonna go through it again tommarow though and see if there's any thing from it I want to copy down before I sell it to someone.

Your parents? Surely you are old enough to hold your own beliefs?

Well, it's running on eBay right now for around 12-15 dollars, so I don't think you'd get 30 dollars for it, especially if it's not brand new.

Why don't you hide it somewhere? I understand the need for some people to be secretive - it's much easier than going through the hassle of dealing with crazy relatives - but surely your parents don't snoop to the point that they'd find it?

Good luck. :)

Guest Rebie

If you really feel you must get rid of it, try selling it to a used book store. You won't get a lot of money for it, but it would be better than nothing.

If you really like the book and want to keep it, do like KW said. Just hide it real good. Eventually you will be out of their place and into your own place and you will still have it.:flyaway:

Rebie

They're right, you should find a good place to hide it. I know from experience, it's not worth getting rid of a reference book, you never know when you might need something from it down the road. If you do well enough to hide it, then you don't have anything to worry about. As for being paranoid, why worry about what other people think. Just like Sandy said, you should be old enough now to hold your own beliefs. It's none of their business what you read or believe in, I made that a point to everyone who had to give me their two cents a long time ago. Do what you think is right though, I can't say what's right for you.

I would keep it too and just hide it well. Why not get a small lockable case for things like that?

A little off topic but a great way of passing on books is bookcrossing.com.

Guest Slinky_Fox

Ok well it looks like I'm keeping it for now ayway lol, right now I'm keeping in inside a cardboard box inside of another cardboard box, not the best place but I can't really get a lockable box right now. I'll be packing it up again soon enough though when i go back to college and won't be able to come to this site there....

I've this book for years and its great to fall back on in an emergency. Keep it well hid and you'll appreciate it later. :wavex:

Just one other alternative for hiding it - it's a bit expensive, but a safety deposit box would work ;)

Hang on to that book though! It's value seems to be going up, up, up.