• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Rowan Stormsong

Rowan Stormsong

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

That was beautifully stated, thanks for this!
http://www.marykay.com/bwalker72

#22 Stormdancer

Stormdancer

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

Startella,

Thank you so much. I am no newbie to magick, but I am definitely a newbie to Traditional Witchcraft. In fact one of the reasons I am moving into this field or, more to the point, adapting my magickal world view to it is because I missed the simplicity of Witchcraft and Folk Magick which is lacking in Ceremonialism as well as the closeness to Nature. However there is another reason, which is connected to why I moved away from Wicca.

Naturally there were several reasons for that move. But I moved to Ceremonialism for a greater touch of "Darkness". Now I don't know if anyone else here see's that in CM practice, but it is there. In fact I have had wonderful success in working with Goetic Demons and other spirits. But this leads me to disagree, politely of course. With one point you raised in your article. Now please folks understand that this disagreement exists now, but I reserve the right to change my mind so I hope that you good folks will not treat me like chum in a shark tank on this point.

It's about your point on evil spirits. I am currently in absolute disagreement. I believe that their are evil spirits. Even if only because some of the spirits are or once were Human. And I think most folks can agree that Humans can be evil, not just folks who have some pathology, but perfectly sane people can be very evil. Seeing as we die and I at least believe, that we become spirits. Then it makes sense that evil Humans can become evil spirits. In fact that is a belief that is ancient and among many cultures. Nor is it a thing which exists, merely in the fiction of all those cultures.

Don't get me wrong, I mean you did admit that not all spirits are nice. Naturally that doesn't mean they are evil, maybe they just want to be left alone. But I tend to believe the Idea of evil spirits wouldn't include just Human Spirits, but spirits which may never have been Human, nor alive in the physical sense. This doesn't mean there is such a thing as Hell or Satan, obviously I am not trying to say that. But you know that concept fascinates me, it in fact is at the root of why I am into the Occult. Partly because I am a student of the paranormal, and partly because I am a CM I want interact with them, whether there is anything truly worth it in such activity. I am fascinated by such things and even have images in my head of haunted houses and ramshackle old cabins squatting sullenly in dark woods where strange, wild and powerfully dark Magics are performed summoning things from beyond the edges of the known world. This thrills me.

Anyhow thank you again I found it to be wonderfully informative article and would like to ask if you wouldn't mind a friend request? I believe such an understanding of things as you appear possess for this is topic can be wonderfully infectious.

Thank you,
SD

Edited by Stormdancer, 30 July 2010 - 12:27 PM.

#23 Zoe

Zoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:34 AM

Wow, that was extremely well written!

"My, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one's late. But I'll bet that when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all."

Posted Image

#24 Guest_Ophelia_*

Guest_Ophelia_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:47 AM

So enjoyed reading this thread.....well done, and very well said...Kudos

Edited by Ophelia, 09 September 2010 - 01:47 AM.

#25 Paminal

Paminal

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:44 AM

Very well put!

#26 Foxfur

Foxfur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

:cheerleader:
G. Lyons { Whomever understands life, will understand me}
{ The person who rejects life as it is, cannot ever understand}

#27 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

Startella, thank you for a really touching, well written piece which pretty much sums up my beliefs.:cheers:

#28 morganeuse

morganeuse

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

I absolutely love this post. Thank you.

#29 Guest_EelKat_*

Guest_EelKat_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

This thread needs a FaceBook "like" button. :) Wonderfully well put!

(I don't agree with everything you say, but still - this is a great introduction! And as you pointed out, we each have different beliefs and cultures we bring into our practice making every one of us practicing something totally unique from every other witch.)

Edited by EelKat, 25 April 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#30 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Reading this makes me more and more sure that I am on the right path. Thank you for posting. :)

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#31 majoupyon

majoupyon

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

I absolutely love this post! I am going to read it every morning for the next week to get me in good spirits~
If it is alright with you, I wish to print this out and place it on my wall.

#32 Blacksmith

Blacksmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

Well written post. I think you have captured the essential being of a traditional witch. It truly is a calling, something we are born into.

#33 Celtic Wonderer

Celtic Wonderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

Very well put Startella. Thanks for sharing.

#34 Lexi

Lexi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Reading this makes me more and more sure that I am on the right path. Thank you for posting. :)

Ditto. All I have to do is reread this thread, and it reminds me that I'm doing what's best for me by just following my instincts and satisfying my curiosity.

Thank you very much for this, Startella!

Posted Image

Lexi [Ilexys Morighannan]

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
- Roald Dahl

#35 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

This is such a good post and needs constant bumping :)

#36 Guest_MissTree_*

Guest_MissTree_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:00 AM

This is such a good post and needs constant bumping :)

Agreed. :cheers:

#37 Guest_Elfyd_*

Guest_Elfyd_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

After more than three years this post is still being having a positive effect on those that read it. This was my first time reading and how it resonates!
FFFF
Elf

#38 Raina

Raina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

I've read the post a number of times now and each time I read it I get something else out of it. It's great, thanks.

Raina

#39 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Very well written and inspirational as well. Most of what you said here really rang true for me.

~Ruby

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#40 LightBurner

LightBurner

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

Thank you Startella... it was beautifully said and I can feel the love emanating from it... I'm not very good at putting in writing the things I feel so deeply inside and the things that are so normal and natural to me... the way you wrote resonates so much with what I feel... thank you for being a voice that echos what I feel and cannot express with words :)