The Scariest Movie Ever?

Lela

Jesus Camp! Ok, I know this is not the sort of movie that is typically discussed on this forum, but I was beyond horrified by this movie. It's a documentary of the evangelical Christian movement taking place in the USA, and follows a group of young kids who attend Pastor Becky Fischer's "Kids on fire summer camp" where they are "taught" to become "dedicated Christian soldiers in God's Army." Talk about someone needing to be saved! If anyone needs to be saved, it's these young kids who are being brain-washed by their wacked out coo coo parents. :cuckoo:

To quote Pastor Becky:

"It's no wonder, with that kind of intense training and discipling, that those young people are ready to kill themselves for the cause of Islam. I wanna see young people who are as committed to the cause of Jesus Christ as the young people are to the cause of Islam. I wanna see them as radically laying down their lives for the Gospel as they are over in Pakistan and Israel and Palestine and all those different places, you know, because we have... excuse me, but we have the truth!"

The truth! She's a NUT BAG!

A deeply disturbing piece of filmmaking. Why bother with horror films when you can see this?

Check out a preview here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bB2rt3IKJc

Well, We HAVE :mad_witch::stirring::upset::omg::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::soapbox::pissedoff:established, I thought, that the EVANGELICALS are nutbags. The best way to get rid of them is to Vote AGAINST the mixture of CHURCH and state in every form! IT is a TRUE horror to denounce what they are doing, only to teach our children hate and bigotry; brainwash them. What's the difference? NO one should go to war under the age of 21. They are still vulnerable at that age. Enticing them with a college education is laughable, as many of our men and women are coming back in boxes.

PHEW! Sorry, a bit of a rant there.

Who in their right mind would want to emulate Islamic terrorists in any way, shape or form?!?!? (and I read, "radically laying down their lives for the Gospel as they are over in Pakistan and Israel and Palestine" as referring quite clearly to terrorists.)

Great, let's bring on the Crusades and Inquisition all over again. Just what this world needs.

However, I'm not 100% sure a non-religious government makes things any safer though. Look at Stalin's Atheist USSR. That was no picnic either. :bolt:

I think people would just get along better if they stopped doing things for "moral" reasons and just stuck with the ethical. "Morality" allows for a lot of unethical actions.

I saw this on cable last nite while channel surfing. Thought about checking it out but went with the SciFi channel for the program on the crystal skulls. Glad I did. I would have had a stroke!!!!!

I saw this on cable last nite while channel surfing. Thought about checking it out but went with the SciFi channel for the program on the crystal skulls. Glad I did. I would have had a stroke!!!!!

Hey, I saw that too. I thought it was pretty awful though. They missed a golden opportunity to talk about the piezoelectric effect and barely touched on it.

OTOH, they kept saying how quartz crystal is made from the same material as microchips (IC)s, as if to suggest they could work like ICs. That's silly. It's the careful doping and microscopic etching of thousands of strategically placed logic gates and transistors into the silicon substrate that makes an IC and IC, not the fact that raw material is quartz or silicon.

Actually, until doped with a special impurity, crystal/silicon/germanium are pretty horrible conductors. The tight molecular lattice structure doesn't allow for electron flow.

That said, some natural impurities are bound to occur, but randomly.

Seen it , still have nightmares about it !!! I seriously got major flashbacks to waco !!! Why any parent would send their child to something like that is beyond me but then we don't seem to do evangelicals quite as well in the UK {I think its the lack of large wooded mountain ranges for them to be alone in and go slowly bonkers }

Don't get me wrong , we do have them , but its not quite so easy to be scared of an evangelical called Norman from slough {google images it , you'll understand}

Seen it before. Its floating around on the net. Its horrible to think of them kids going thru that & the parents allowing but then this way the parents get to teach there kids this shit without officials stepping in. They can do this but the government just stepped in on an "occult religious" place awhile back cause someone said they were abusing kids(dont know if this is true or just a reason to step in). If youre E. xtians you can get away with anything but no one else stands a chance just teaching ethics to a child that is different from them. I've had people question me teaching my youngest(15) witchcraft & almost lost him for it.

SapphireMoon

Guest Tiger Lady

Holy Crap! I've heard of this shit. I'm speechless... I'm just sitting here nodding my head, completely speechless...

I passed on the opportunity to watch the show. I've had history with evangelicals and have no desire to relive the experience. Condesending, hypocritical zealots, all of them.

*steps outside to spit*

I didn't even make it to the end when I had to shut it down. I consider that child abuse in a very sick psychological form. I found it totally upsetting.

Is this the same guy?

I stumbled on this article while researching the whole "Thou shalt not suffer a witch/poisoner to live" debate online.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/sermons/witches.html

Sick bastard!!! At first I thought he was being satirical... then it dawned on me this SOB was dead serious.

Frankly, this guy should be charged, at the very least, with inciting murder and violence - which is not covered as "free speech" under the constitution. He even suggests burning a kid's hand on the stove as punishment for masturbation.

I'm just stunned that anyone could be that evil ( and call themselves "good" on top of that!!)

Is this the same guy?

I stumbled on this article while researching the whole "Thou shalt not suffer a witch/poisoner to live" debate online.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/sermons/witches.html

Sick bastard!!! At first I thought he was being satirical... then it dawned on me this SOB was dead serious.

Frankly, this guy should be charged, at the very least, with inciting murder and violence - which is not covered as "free speech" under the constitution. He even suggests burning a kid's hand on the stove as punishment for masturbation.

I'm just stunned that anyone could be that evil ( and call themselves "good" on top of that!!)

No, this guy wasn't in the movie. The preacher that appeared in the movie was Ted Haggard, who apparently held meetings with George W. once a week at the time that movie was filmed. Don't know if that's still so today.

I did however visit that link you posted and cannot get over the hate that spewed forth from this asshole's mouth. I tell you these people are SICK!!!! They are so delusional:

cutting off part of your daughter's ear for listening to N'Sync.

WHHAAAATTTTT? Where on earth do they get these awful ideas and justify them as being ok? Their intolerance for anything different to what they believe is quite scary. I shudder to think what would happen if these people had complete power over the government as that seems to be their main agenda.

Archived