Oregon vortex, house of mystery

Guest Bean Sprite

Guest Bean Sprite

Anyone been here? It's suppose to be really interesting.

http://www.oregonvortex.com/

History of the Vortex

spacer.gifThe House of Mystery itself was originally an assay office and later used for tool storage, built by the Old Grey Eagle Mining Company in 1904. But the history of the surrounding area, The Oregon Vortex, goes way back to the time of the Native Americans. Their horses would not come into the affected area, so they wouldn't. The Native Americans called the area the "Forbidden Ground", a place to be shunned. Many years before The House of Mystery was built it was noted that unusual conditions existed there. But it was not until well into the 20th century that any effort was made toward a scientific analysis of the disturbance.

spacer.gifJohn Litster, a geologist, mining engineer, and physicist, developed the area in the early 1920's and opened it to the public in 1930. He conducted thousands of experiments within the Vortex until his death in 1959. He was born in Alva, Scotland on April 30, 1886 a son of a British Foreign Diplomat.

There are several "Vortex" tourist traps scattered through the U.S. I've been to the one in South Dakota and there is nothing mystical about it whatsoever. It all based on perspective. The house is built on the side of a mountain, level with the slope of the ground, and a tall fence surrounds the property blocking normal reference points, giving you a skewed sense of gravity. Very fun to visit and play around in, but nothing to take seriously.

What do you think of the vortexes in Sedona?

I went to Sedona in 2006 with my friend Bridget and we had a blast. Among other things we hit some of the vortex spots. I have to say that Cathedral Rock was a very moving place for me. Boynton Canyon made me VERY sick though. Seriously. I got the runs and crapped all over a manzanita bush (poor thing)... which suffice it to say is not the most ideal place to do that... LMAO!! I literally thought I was going to die out there. Bridget and the lady we were hiking with had to practically drag me back to the car.

Anyway... vortexes... I'm not sure what I think about all of that... but the energy in Sedona is just amazing!

Guest Rebie
There are several "Vortex" tourist traps scattered through the U.S. I've been to the one in South Dakota and there is nothing mystical about it whatsoever. It all based on perspective. The house is built on the side of a mountain, level with the slope of the ground, and a tall fence surrounds the property blocking normal reference points, giving you a skewed sense of gravity. Very fun to visit and play around in, but nothing to take seriously.

You just said what I had suspected. I had hoped to visit one of these one day just for fun and see if I was correct in my suspician.

Rebie

I live not too far from the Oregon Vortex, but after all these year I have not gone to see it. I have been to one such tourist trap in Southern California and suspect this is just more of the same. Though I imagine one of these days a visiting relative will insist on going and I will see for myself....

I've been to the one at St. Ignace in the UP of Michigan.

http://www.stignace.com/attractions/mysteryspot/

I had a blast! I did get sick to my stomace when I got out of there, was told that if you have vertigo it can do that to you. (Bringing crackers next time before I go in to make sure I am grounded real good) Plan on going again this summer, bringing my daughter and son with their families.. it was just a neat expericence, things were just funny as hell.