Light & Fluffy Smoothie

Lela

Here is a simple recipe for a fruit smoothie. Great for a healthy breakfast drink or a nice cool refresher on those hot summer days.

There are no exact measurements, just adjust to taste and the amount you want to make.

? Frozen strawberries or better yet a mix of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, & blackberries. You can also use fresh, but I find the frozen makes it more of an icy cool treat. You can find them in your local supermarket in the frozen food section.

? Banana(s) broken up into pieces (1 banana for every 2 servings)

? Orange Juice

? Honey

? Couple of Ice Cubes

Optional: You can always add some yogurt or silken tofu, and for an extra boost, add in some vitamin or protein powder. The possiblities are endless.

In a blender, add the berries, banana(s), and ice cubes. Add about a tablespoon of honey. Then pour in enough OJ to cover the berries, bananas and ice cubes.

Then blend it all up until smooth. If you find that it's a bit too thick, add a bit more juice. When your done blending, pour in a nice tall glass and enjoy!

I make my smoothies with frozen banana as well as frozen berries such as blackberry, blueberries, elderberries etc.

I do not use orange juice, as I am allergic to it, but I add a splash of applejuice or other fruit juice, whatever I have around the house.

I do not add honey or any other sweetner.

i thought you were gona give us ingredients like ........ half a christian and 2 and a half wiccans blend until done. lmao!!!

OMG that is FUNNY....I guess the question would then be....set the blender on chop or blend?...hehehe:witchnana:

Here is a simple recipe for a fruit smoothie. Great for a healthy breakfast drink or a nice cool refresher on those hot summer days.

There are no exact measurements, just adjust to taste and the amount you want to make.

Frozen strawberries or better yet a mix of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, & blackberries. You can also use fresh, but I find the frozen makes it more of an icy cool treat. You can find them in your local supermarket in the frozen food section.

Banana(s) broken up into pieces (1 banana for every 2 servings)

Orange Juice

Honey

Couple of Ice Cubes

Optional: You can always add some yogurt or silken tofu, and for an extra boost, add in some vitamin or protein powder. The possiblities are endless.

In a blender, add the berries, banana(s), and ice cubes. Add about a tablespoon of honey. Then pour in enough OJ to cover the berries, bananas and ice cubes.

Then blend it all up until smooth. If you find that it's a bit too thick, add a bit more juice. When your done blending, pour in a nice tall glass and enjoy!

Never thought of using silken tofu as just use ordinary tofu and it's too thick!

Here is my favourite

Frozen Acai

oats

soya milk

frozen berries (strawberries and raspberries are my fave at the mo, with blueberries thrown in every now and then)

apple juice

I can't stomach breakfast sometimes so this is filling enough with the oats

Run the frozen acai under a hot tap while you prepare the rest as it won't blend well and leave chunks

This is bright purple and is quite filling

Edited by ladyemero
can't spell

Never thought of using silken tofu as just use ordinary tofu and it's too thick!

When making smoothies, silken tofu is the way to go. Firmer tofu I find does not blend as well and usually adds a chunky texture to the smoothie.

Your smoothie sounds yummy too. I'm not big on breakfast either so I usually make one to go, put it in an insulated travel coffee mug and take it with me to work. Stays nice and cool during the commute.

When making smoothies, silken tofu is the way to go. Firmer tofu I find does not blend as well and usually adds a chunky texture to the smoothie.

Your smoothie sounds yummy too. I'm not big on breakfast either so I usually make one to go, put it in an insulated travel coffee mug and take it with me to work. Stays nice and cool during the commute.

Great idea

I'm a bit of a smoothie addict... I just can't get enough of them sometimes I get so busy I don't get time to eat and rather have a smoothie as it's so easy to munch on biccies and crisps...

Me on my birthday.... my sister drove 350 miles to come see me and we went out for lunch and a smoothie lol

mebirthdaysmoothie21stMay2008.jpg