Photo
- - - - -

Should I use my granny's cards?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:07 AM

I have two decks that my grandmother used (for cartomancy) right before she had her stroke and died. I've opened the case, I've handled them... but I've not done any readings with them. It seems sacriligious almost, lol! I'd love to use them... but something always seems to hold me back.

What do you think? Should I use them?

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#2 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:28 AM

I feel that depending on the person who once owned them, it should be okay to use them. But that is if it feels right. If it were my grandmothers I would want to use them. I would feel it would bring me close to her and would be very powerful. That is, as long as it felt good. If I got the Kind of feeling you do, I would wait and just keep checking in with them every once in a while. Maybe the cards are just not ready yet. That may be the vibe you are getting. Or maybe they are just not wanting to work anymore. kind of like retirement. Maybe you are just not ready to use them yet. There are so many maybes here. Bottom line, trust your instincts with these.
Rebie

#3 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:43 AM

I have two decks that my grandmother used (for cartomancy) right before she had her stroke and died. I've opened the case, I've handled them... but I've not done any readings with them. It seems sacriligious almost, lol! I'd love to use them... but something always seems to hold me back.

No I would use them...the energy must be wonderful :)

#4 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

I think I know what you are feeling.. I got my grandmother's receipe box of cards. I can still feel her energy strong within this box. They're in her hand writing and I've used them for 25 yrs. I think you are - afraid (lack of a better word here) of maybe two things - that your energy will mix with her's and you won't be able to feel her energy after a time, honestly that won't happen (because you will always know where they came from it's in the mind too). The other being that the cards will get too worn out to use anymore and you will have lost the cards and something that was hers.

IMHO- use the cards even just one deck. Like Anjel said the energy must be just wonderful. I also believe that you will develop another type of bond with your grandmother that you would not get without using the cards, almost like she will be talking to you though those cards.

#5 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

I think your grandmother would be happy that you keep up the tradition and use her cards. Give her a thank you offering that would be personal between you two and bond with the cards. Enjoy.
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#6 ribbitcat

ribbitcat

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

Why not use the cards to ask if it would be OK ? Although, I'm in agreement with Wolfjan, Startella and Anjelwolf :)

ribbit

'Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.'
(Missy Dizick)