Photo
- - - - -

Getting started with Pendulums

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#21 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

So my question I guess - is it worthwhile to buy a Pendulum or does it sound like this necklace works for me?

The other question is - I asssumed horizonatl or counterclockwise was NO and vertical and clockwise circles were YES. Do you think I should teach this pendulum or just go along as I have started?

Thanks!

I don't wear necklaces very often so I never got into using one that way, but my pendulum I got from a grab bag and it works fine for me every time. I have a cloth that I made up that is square, up & down is yes, side ways is no, redue question to corner to corner, circles just mean it can't answer or doesn't know at this time. I just had to show my pendulum and what the answers were on the cloth and it always works for me.

Most clothes that I have seen that you can buy have different answers in each corner and I don't like that cause it doesn't let the pendulum swing real good. My advice it go with what you feel inside, you can try different ways and see what works best for both of you.

“Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus”
(Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon)

#22 Kiara

Kiara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

So my question I guess - is it worthwhile to buy a Pendulum or does it sound like this necklace works for me?

The other question is - I asssumed horizonatl or counterclockwise was NO and vertical and clockwise circles were YES. Do you think I should teach this pendulum or just go along as I have started?

Thanks!

You can use a necklace if it works for you, of course.

Also it is possible to "train" a pendulum to answer the way you feel comfortable with. To do that ask a simple "yes" question and swing the pendulum in the direction you want, i.e. clockwise circles. If you should - well it's for you to decide.

Scientists say it's impossible for a bumble bee to fly - their wings are too small.
Who's going to explain that to the bumble bees?

Avatar from http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/

#23 EliseN

EliseN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll stick with the necklace for now. It's a very cool, special kind of pendant (an intricate ball with a bell inside). The other morning I tried to read - I was kind of scattered and unfocused. Nothing. The pendant (ball) didn't move at all. Then later when I had calmed down and was focussed - boom - the thing swung very dramatically! I'm amazed at its simplicity!

#24 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

Eureka!

I have always used a flip of the coin to get a yes/no answer but since I don't always wear clothing with pockets of coins (like at the mo), thought I'd try the necklace I wear 24/7. Which, btw, isn't anything special - 4 crystal beads meaningful to me on a post and my father-in-law's wedding ring (which was also hubby's first ring - long story).

Anyhoo, just asked it to show me yes (to and fro) and no (side to side), then asked my question. No circle at all, just an immediate to and fro motion. How cool! (And the fact that the answer was yes was even cooler!)

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#25 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

I adore pendulums I am best suited to them and dowsing rods.

I agree with what everyone else has said esp Kiara in that the pendulums will or can swing swing differently for everyone mine goes clockwise and anticlockwise for postive and negative answers and I'm glad you've got your necklace to work .

But really once you get into the swing of it (swing lol get it swing?- ok long day) you can use anything in your time of need - I have known tampons to be used too. Yep that probably was too much info:bolt:

#26 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:47 PM

RL, not from MY perspective but the guys might think that!? :D

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#27 musca

musca

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Mine starts out going clockwise to start, then go to "right-to-left" for "Yes", and "back-and-forth" for "No". It will either keep circling or just sit centred and "vibrate" or "jiggle" for "I don't know/I don't want to answer". The past two days it was REALLY hot with the answers, but today it's like a wrung-out washrag (Raining and cool out today). It DID explain why the last spell I cast worked the way it did.....I wasn't QUITE specific enough, I guess......Hence ANOTHER "entity's" interest in me...:eheheh:

#28 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

RL, not from MY perspective but the guys might think that!? :D

I thought it better to add it was NEW and UNUSED!!!

I use mine alot for spirit work and it has been spot on every time.

I've watched people try it and ask questions that maybe they shouldn't and not comprehend the fact that you have to be very careful not to allow your emotions to influence the reading!

Also realising that things in the future may altar the answer if the same question is asked at a later date.

Has anyone tried the copper spiral pendulums. I have a range of different ones to sell mainly crystal ones, I tried the copper one and didn't quite get such a strong reading - just wondering if it's just me.

#29 harmony

harmony

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

I have heard that you can use the pendulum for more advanced things like finding lost items, helping to find ailments/disease within the body and so forth. Would someone just move the pendulum around the aura in order to find troubled areas? Or over a drawn version of the house or a list of places to find a lost item? Has anyone have some experience with this? Would love to know...

#30 Phoenix

Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I have been using a pendulum recently. I became interested in it because a friend of mine was saying you could use it to determine how many children a person will have and also determine their sexes. So, I thought I would try using it too, to see how it worked for me. I am using a pencil with a needle through the eraser. I hold it by a thread through the eye of the needle. It seems to work better every time I use it. I tried using it over the Ouija board, to spell things out. That is very time consuming. Is there another way to get the pendulum to spell that takes less time? Also, I am curious as to how others think it works. Is it energy, spirits? I guess it doesn't matter exactly how, just curious.

#31 winter night

winter night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

I don't them very much but I have used this technique to start off -

I read somewhere that when you first start out using one, you ask it questions to which you know whether the answer is a yes or no - then you can see which way it goes - it may be different for each person.

Once it establishes a routine of pretty much going the same way all the time for yes and a different way for no, then it is easier to ask questions to which you don't know the answer. Would be great to know how you're all getting on with them - must dig out mine too - getting the urge to do this again now :thumbsup:

#32 Oceana

Oceana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

I would love to get my clear quartz pendulum to work for me... first 2-3 times nothing, then the first time that I did get answers, they were all nonsense (which I found out later). I'm attracted to the idea of using a pendulum and thus a little disappointed because mine doesn't want to cooperate for some reason. Guess I'll leave it for now and stick to things that DO work :rolleyes_witch:
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes
but in having new eyes.
– Marcel Proust

#33 Phoenix

Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:45 AM

Phoenix,

My experience with a Ouija board and pendelums is that it evolves "predominantely" unconscious involuntary movements...not so much spirits intervening. I've attempted to send the pendulm the answer with my thoughts...even if the answer is wrong..and that's typically where the pendelum goes. As a practioner of the Craft, I am a bit dishearten to find this seems to be the "trick" to using it...I hope I'm wrong and others have had more spiritual encounters with both!

Alayna

I haven't been able to get a Ouija board to work for me. I bought one a few months ago. I have had luck with them while others used it and I asked questions though. As far as the pendulum goes, I began using it lately because of my friend. She says she wonders if it will answer the same concerning certain questions, regardless of who is using it. Other than the children thing I mentioned earlier, we haven't tried verifying other types of questions and answers. I have noticed that after I use it for a few minutes I can almost feel it pulling through my fingers, but I also get into this trance like state, or feel drowsy while watching the tip move. I wonder if that is how people feel when they use a Ouija?
As far as spiritual or spirit matters go, I was wondering about using the pendulum to communicate with spirits. That is why I asked about how others thought it worked. Spirits, or some other kind of energy?

#34 Georgia

Georgia

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

I have been using pendulums for a while now. Although I do have my favorites I find that anything with a bit of weight to it will work. When I first started I did find that if I was asking a question that I felt strongly about I could inadvertently affect the answer. You can make the pendulum move just by thinking about which way you would like it to swing.

In order to get accurate readings I find that firstly I need to ask the pendulum to show me yes, and then show me no. I have found that although I know my pendulum well it's still wise to begin that way. I always place my left hand under the pendulum, and once I have asked the question I focus my mind on my left hand while I await the answer. That way my mind is clear and not influencing the answer in an obstructive way.

I have also noticed that pendulum's can get a bit sluggish, they need a charge every now and then. For me, leaving them out under a full moon helps. Running water is also good for a quick fix. I have also been told that popping your pendulum into a pot of earth can do the trick, but if you are using a necklace you may not wish to do that. Having said that I guess if you are using something that you wear daily then the energy charge will come from you anyway.

I do love this form of divination, but it is a learning curve.

P.s. The above is just what works for me. I know others who find their own methods with trial and error.

#35 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

I have a a small wood "fileil" (major sp) on a string that I bought ages ago becuase the wood appealed to me but I never used it. A post on here recently made me get it out and start playing with it the other day. I asked it for a yes and no which it did. I then asked it some questions about the future of something specific and it gave me very specific answers. As they were future questions I can't comment on the accuracy yet, lol. I don't usually use a form of divination and I like the simplicity of the pendulem, so am looking into it. I think it may be very helpful in deciphering the acuracy of information rec'd from other sources.

M

#36 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

I have been hesitant to use my pendulum, lately. It feels like, the majority of the time, it is merely reflecting my own thoughts. I'll have to try the trick Georgia mentioned-focusing on my left hand. I keep mine in a little stone box with a piece of citrine and, also, smudge it to cleanse. The fact that it is so easy to "will" it to move to and fro, or side to side,or in a circle just makes me even more reluctant to rely on its answers......:(

Elizabeth

#37 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

Re pendulems only giving us answers we are thinking or already have (us influencing them) - isn't that where all answers come from? Like tarot doesn't GIVE on the answers, but is used as a focus of the witch to access what is already inside of her, in which case the pendulem would do the same thing, I'd think. If one is accessing the stream/current which is where the past and future is, and that is inside of one (and all and everything) then the answers are already inside and known to us, it's merely (merely? Lol!!!) a matter of accessing them...

M

#38 Georgia

Georgia

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Re pendulems only giving us answers we are thinking or already have (us influencing them) - isn't that where all answers come from? Like tarot doesn't GIVE on the answers, but is used as a focus of the witch to access what is already inside of her, in which case the pendulem would do the same thing, I'd think. If one is accessing the stream/current which is where the past and future is, and that is inside of one (and all and everything) then the answers are already inside and known to us, it's merely (merely? Lol!!!) a matter of accessing them...

M

Of course you are absolutly right in what you are saying. I think the key skill with pendulums is not to force a much wanted answer. For instance if I ask a question and in the front of my mind I am pleading for a yes answer then that's what I will likely get. That may not be the right answer though. When pregnant women ask me what the sex of the baby will be I normally don't know the person well enough to really care one way or the other. The answer just flows. Oddly enough in those sort of instances the pendulum never fails. The answers are there within us, the learning curve is in not clouding the issue with emotion and desire. Sorry about the grammar this phone is junk :-) x

#39 wolf

wolf

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

I agree with michele's viewpoint on this subject and when using a pendulum I am of the mindset that the answer is available to me from inside.

I am an avid user of pendulums and have used all manner of them from a nice quartz one on a chain to someones ring on a piece of thread so I dont really have a favorite. I just start off asking the pendulum to show me what direction it will go in for a yes/no answer etc and take it from there.

If im looking for answers on something important I will often use 2/3 different pendulums as well as runes to double check the answers given and the reason for this is that I know its possible to get the pendulum to go in the direction you want it to go.

I havent used a pendulum in conjunction with a spirit board but thats because I stear clear of them at all times, just dont like them, but the beauty of a pendulum I believe is there is no right or wrong way to use them ie use a cloth with directional answers wrote on it, use it in conjunction with a line of scrabble letters, held over a map or held over your hand for a simple yes/no answer you will soon discover a method that suits you and feels right.

Wolf.

#40 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

I don't use pendulums simply because I don't trust myself not to subconsciously force the answer I want. Having said that, reading the above comments has made me think. There's a difference, or course, between unduly influencing the answer and letting it come from inside. Thanks for that, Guys.

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude