Nari Pons (Naree Pons)

Guest Bean Sprite

Guest Bean Sprite

My uncle lives in Thiland and sent me some really neat legendary tail of the Nari pons.

"When Buddah was meditating during the day under a tree and these Nari Pons would come down from the branches trying to lure Buddha away from his meditative state with their beauty. At night, the Nari Pons would curl back up into the tree and blend in with the vegetation.

The legend is that the Nari Pons would cocoon in the fruit, and that monks have evidence of the Nari Pons in the fruit with x-rays, and dried up specimens.

Definately strange. I told him to send me one, but I guess they are sacred to the monks.

Here's an interesting link.

www.cyberspaceorbit.com/nareepon.html

They look like little fairies. Or beef jerky.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Wealhtheow

Haven't found much on them either, but they certainly are fascinating little things! Here is link to a video posted on YouTube which allows you to get a very good look at a couple of them:

Wealhtheow

hmmm , Lovely legend but the pics looked like the foetus of something which hadn't gone to term because there was encephalitis. {arrgh sounding too scientific } I

ahhh those are different. I like the legend. I agree with SF looks alot like babies that haven't come to term yet.