very serious cleaning problem

Startella

I got a very serious cleaning problem. Do any of you know how to get cat urine out of a besom? Or anything for that matter. I have just moved, and took my besom and other things to my fathers for safe keeping, well the cat saw different and sprayed it! (must have been several times) :omg2::pissedoff:

I brought it home yesterday, and found out what he did! I soaked it in hot water very hot water, used dawn dish soap, and also tryed concentated orange stuff, but it is not working. It is still sticky! :censored: I am not about to throw it away, it cost me $70 to learn how to make this besom 8 yrs ago. Its my besom.

I was wondering about bleach, or vingar, and have even thought about using my husbands hand cleaner for car grease - any suggestions? :help:

Hi Startella

You should get some pet stain/odor remover from the pet store, some supermarkets also sell the stuff, it the only way to break down the urine and get rid of the smell, I have cats so I always keep this stuff around.

Yes, get some of the enzyme stuff, like petzyme. It works on a LOT of things, especially carpet. Just be sure to rinse Everything that you have to clean THOROUGHLY after you use it.

And have Dad get that cat Neutered!

We don't need anymore baby orphaned kitties killed off in the shelters.

Guest Rebie

My boy cat peed on stuff even after he was neutured. He was still marking territory. Sorry to hear about the bessom. Like the others say, try that enzyme stuff. It should work.

Rebie

a vinegar/water mixture gets pet odors out of things. its a great neutralizer. good luck. (use white vinegar if possible)

Yes, get some of the enzyme stuff, like petzyme. It works on a LOT of things, especially carpet. Just be sure to rinse Everything that you have to clean THOROUGHLY after you use it.

And have Dad get that cat Neutered!

We don't need anymore baby orphaned kitties killed off in the shelters.

Oh he was neutered over 10 years ago. Getting them fixed never stopped any of my parents cats from spraying. In fact he is the last of my parents cats, they all started spraying in the house after my mother passed away. I have a big job to clean besides my besom, I have to clean my fathers house after all these years he is now asking that I replace the carpet and repaint, since none of the rest family will come over - I finally got some of them to put aside their "respect" for my father and tell him his house stinks because of the cats.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will be hitting the stores and getting different products to tackle these projects! :cool_witch:

Guest lady Luna

:thinking: WINDEX!!!

I'm not greek, but windex does work. Windex even takes puke smell out of carpet. (as well as most stains). belive it or not it also works on drying out pimples.lol The greeks are not dumb!

Good Luck

lady Luna

:thinking: WINDEX!!!

I'm not greek, but windex does work. Windex even takes puke smell out of carpet. (as well as most stains). belive it or not it also works on drying out pimples.lol The greeks are not dumb!

Good Luck

lady Luna

Hi lady Luna,

Unfortunately WINDEX is highly toxic to pets, people and the environment. the enzyme product works best and can be purchased as an environmentally responsible product.

Archived