• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

Droghon has been tinkering again! We are trying to make it so that If you have checked the box saying you would like to be notified of further posts on a particular thread, it will not only email you and tell you there is a new post, but it will also put the new post in the email for you!

Droghon has got it so that he and I get this, and he is now looking to extend this to all members who subscribe to a topic or post.

:typing: Well Done Droghon !!

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

This should be working now, I've tried it with a test user account and it seems to work.

Sandy you may have to stop watching topics or you may end up getting 2 notifications, I've kept the admin notify we were trying out, and hacked the normal topic notify for other members so that they get the actual message someone has posted.

This way people only get notified of replies to topics they have subscribed to, you and I get notified of new topics, replies etc with the admin notify ;)

:typing:

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"