Pushing Daisies

Autumn

So I'm not entirely sure if this programme fits into the typical 'occult' realm but it does deal with raising the dead so I think so! The first episode aired in the UK on Saturday and I really liked it. I love the quirkiness of it and it's really sweet. Plus, cute guy - always a bonus.

Apparently it was a hit in the US but read a review in the paper yesterday slating it, saying it was dreary and the writer didn't know what the heck was going on after the first 10 minutes. Did he fall asleep? A 10 year old could follow the plot - moron. Probably got bored because there wasn't an explosion within the first 2 minutes - some people!! :mad:

Oh I totally loved it! I will get it on DVD when it comes out too! It was very tongue in cheek but really entertaining and easy to watch, chilling out with a bottle of red and some nachos. Just my cup of tea!

My thoughts exactly! It was so lovely and real 'feel good' stuff.

It comes out on 23 June on DVD in the UK so will definitely be saving up for that :dancing:

It was fab I enjoyed it so did my 2 little ones (not normally up at 9pm), who followed the plot line fine maybe the critic guy sat on the telly remote, changed channels and didn't notice .. or he was just plain stupid.

I vote for plain stupid :pumpkin_rolleyes:

I really enjoyed that series and hope it comes back. Especially the "aunties" and just the pure fun of it all. One gets tired if all the CSIs and Law and Orders and all that seriousness. But, when the networks get a hold on something that works, the market gets flooded and we are seeing the same thing over and over. It really becomes maddening.

I really enjoyed that series and hope it comes back. Especially the "aunties" and just the pure fun of it all. One gets tired if all the CSIs and Law and Orders and all that seriousness. But, when the networks get a hold on something that works, the market gets flooded and we are seeing the same thing over and over. It really becomes maddening.

So very, very true.

It's the same with movies, everyone jumps on the same band wagon. Just think about all those CGI animal films :deadhorse:

Just been sent this article and I am so annoyed, my blood is practically boiling:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7347911.stm

:mad2:

I was just going to add that they are not going to be showing episode 2. My moms is not happy, lol. They have done it because there it not enough time to show it before they have to cover the Olympics (is it?). I think its a pretty bad move on there part, and they are going to have a lot of unhappy viewers...

I was just going to add that they are not going to be showing episode 2. My moms is not happy, lol. They have done it because there it not enough time to show it before they have to cover the Olympics (is it?). I think its a pretty bad move on there part, and they are going to have a lot of unhappy viewers...

I'm not happy either and because I'm a martyr I'm not going to watch any more of them and just wait for the DVD in June (how stubborn am I?!) At least then I won't have to sit through the damn adverts.

It's the World Cup by the way, though I hate football like you wouldn't believe. Why does sport have to spoil things all the time.

There are a lot of unhappy people on the ITV forum I can tell you. I even emailed a letter of complaint, but they sent one of those pathetic 'generic' emails back which didn't answer anything and was pointless. :soapbox:

Football! Why do they insist on moving everything round for it, I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard just to put the program on a little earlier... like they do normally when the football takes over, and you turn over to watch something and catch the end of it!

Football! Why do they insist on moving everything round for it, I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard just to put the program on a little earlier... like they do normally when the football takes over, and you turn over to watch something and catch the end of it!

I think you overestimate the intelligence of these people :wink: