The Craft & Practical Magic...

Kern

Any one else seen The Craft, it came out in 1996? I thought it was pretty good.

How about Practical Magic(1998)? Thought it was okay.

Havent seen Bewitched yet, any one like this one? I liked the reruns of the TV Show growing up. I havent seen it yet,because Im scared of Nicole Kidman movies, which to me usually suck.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned A Midsummers Night Dream..which I thought was pretty good,but guess you have to be into Shakespearian stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta say , Liked the craft and practical magic but they are v.v trashy !

Definate ironing movies !!

Much prefer the shakesphere , but I do like the older versions where people hammed it up more ..all together now with one hand on your tights and the other thrust skyward in a meaningful manner..

TO BE ...or not TO BE , that IS the question {pulling your eyebrows together and lowering your voice helps get the right tone!}:loveeyes:

Guest Tiger Lady

I haven't seen practical magic. But I do own 'The Craft'. I like it, but what is funny is that everyone became an expert on Wicca through that movie. Of course, I'm not sure Wiccans are experts at Wicca. Most of the ones I've met are posers. I digress, sorry. :rolleyes_witch:So... I guess learning about Wicca through 'The Craft' is just as enlightening. :kat:Hee, hee - sometimes I'm just not right.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest K8tdydBel

Loved Practical Magic. I think mostly cause the sisters are close and one's a red head and the other a brunette. I'm a natural auburn, and my little sister a brunette. We enjoy watching it together. The craft was fun to watch when I was younger, even if a bit over the top at times for me. Love Hocus Pocus. It's hilarious, and fun to watch around Samhain/Halloween. My favorite time of year! :witchnana:

• 1 month later...

Havent seen Bewitched yet, any one like this one? I liked the reruns of the TV Show growing up. I havent seen it yet,because Im scared of Nicole Kidman movies, which to me usually suck.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned A Midsummers Night Dream..which I thought was pretty good,but guess you have to be into Shakespearian stuff.

I saw The Craft and it was mildly alright. I saw Practical Magic and liked it alot. I also saw the new Betwitched and thought it was mildly alright as well (I am not a big fan of Will Ferrell). the last one you mentioned I havent seen and someone also mentioned Stardust...havent seen that yet either...but it looks interesting.

I saw the Craft, and liked it a lot. I thought the "Mannaz" (sp?) concept was kinda funny, but hey, whatever. (and I thought Robin Tunney was hot! :naughty:)

Haven't seen Practical Magic yet tho.

BTW, that Hallmark movie, "The Good Witch" - starring Catherine Bell - they might make a sequel. Definitely an "ironing" movie though, as SF called it.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Target recently looking for Predator (got it) and also came across Practical Magic while I was there, for under $8, so I figured what the hell, and bought it.

I haven't watched it yet, I hope it's 8 bucks well spent.

It looks kinda "chick-flicky" to me, but if there's a fair amount of magic and special FX too, that's fine.

I was in Target recently looking for Predator (got it) and also came across Practical Magic while I was there, for under $8, so I figured what the hell, and bought it.

It looks kinda "chick-flicky" to me, but if there's a fair amount of magic and special FX too, that's fine.

Hate to disappoint G, but it is a "chick-flick," and there really are no special effects. There's quite a bit of magic though. However this is one of my favorites. Definitely worth the $8 you spent. :wink:

Much prefer the shakesphere , but I do like the older versions where people hammed it up more ..all together now with one hand on your tights and the other thrust skyward in a meaningful manner..

TO BE ...or not TO BE , that IS the question {pulling your eyebrows together and lowering your voice helps get the right tone!}:loveeyes:

Have you been spying on my Shakespeare lessons Soapy??!!

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the thought of you watching a 'chick flick' makes me chuckle.

I absolutely love Practical Magic, it's one of my favourite films but then I guess deep down I am a romantic (don't tell any of my friends that though. They won't believe you anyway). I also love 'What Dreams May Come', the visuals are simply stunning.

I think I have The Craft.. its ok, but I love Practical Magic and I have that both on DVD and VHS..lol. I just seen Bewitched last week, I thought it was cute. A Midsummers Night Dream.. I loved that one too. Now I haven't seen Stardust.. that one I am going to have to rent.

I finally watched my Practical Magic DVD last night.

I can see why it's a favorite here.

It was a bit "chick-flicky" to me, I'll admit, but pretty darn good nonetheless. I wish there was a bit more magic in it. I'm not usually a huuge Sandra Bullock fan (she's cute and all) but she was really hot/cute in this one. I think she blew Nicole Kidman off the screen.

I just had a little trouble believing all those town folk would so willingly engage in that ritual at the very end, with the last minute explanation of what they were to do -even chanting latin and all - I think most of those conservative christian new-englanders (as they were portrayed) would've run from there screaming "Satanists!!!" lol

BTW, that was a damn cool house. I'd love to live there. The kitchen was neat, the stove area awesome, and their own direct-attached greenhouse..?? Awww man..

Guest Landieth

Question here... The old lady in Practical Magick that tells the detective that they're harvesting fetuses.. is she the same lady in the movie Skeleton Key? (The lady in Skeleton Key I'm talking about is the one that Kate Hudson goes to with the lawyer to discuss that record.. the one with the cataracts)

BTW, that was a damn cool house. I'd love to live there. The kitchen was neat, the stove area awesome, and their own direct-attached greenhouse..?? Awww man..

I love that house. Only in my dreams could I have one like it.

Rebie