Photo
- - - - -

Ouija Board/Spirit Board?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#21 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

I just wrote a blog article about this :)

Here it is:

The Witch Board, or Ouija Board, holds a very special spot in my heart. It is a wonderful, yet much maligned, tool that we use to communicate with our beloved dead and familiars. Ignore the misinformation, don’t believe the rumors, the Witch Board is a gift from the spirits.

First, let me give you a little inside information on the name Ouija. According to so-called experts, Ouija means "yes, yes" in French and German; this is false! Ouija is a blind (a deliberate misdirection by Witches and Warlocks, like the sacrifices in grimoires, it’s misinformation), however it does point to its true name - Witch, or Wizard, Board

Ouija is almost exactly how the word wicca is correctly pronounced - wee’cha. And of course wicca is an old Celtish word for male Witch or Wizard, wicce is the Celtish for Witch, FYI. So, cut it out Wiccans, with your "k" sounds.

Er, Celtish is an assumed Celtic word, but probably isn't. :red_witch:

Now then, how to use it. Well, you don’t need an actual board, you could spread rune stones or cards with letters and numbers. Use an upturned glass as a planchette.

If you use a board be sure affix a pentacle on the underside of the board or table. It helps contain the spirit. You can draw it on paper and glue or carve it in a plate of silver or wax and set the board on top. Another good idea would be to attach a slim packet of herbs that aid in communication. I won't give too many suggestions because I don't know where you live and what grows wild there, but in Michigan look for some American Mandrake - it grows in patches, I've always seen it with two big opposing five fingered leaves. Cut the "May Apple" into chips and dry them out. Wrap them in black silk and glue it to the bottom of the board.

Remember to call the spirit by name, never call on a random spirit. If you know the sigil, or have a picture of the spirit, then place that under the board too.

Thats it. No long boring rituals, no cats blood, just you and your spirits.

Enjoy :)

About the word wicce, not exactly. Wicce & Wicca comes from the Anglo Saxon not Gaelic,or any "Celtic" language. Ive heard that its pronounced witch-a though. But pronunication's change over time even among living languages and from region to region,so saying wikka for both wicce and wicca if one choses isnt that big of a deal to me. :vhappywitch: It still basically means witch.

The Following was excerpted from:
A Concise Anglo-Saxon Dictionary
By John R. Clark Hall M.A., PH.D.
Fourth Edition with Supplement 1960, First Edition 1894
Published by Cambridge at the University Press

wicca I. m. wizard, magician, soothsayer, astrologer, LL,WW. [`witch'] II. = wicga
wicce (y) f. `witch' AE, OEG.
wiccecraeft m. `witchcraft' magic, OEG,LL.
wiccedom m. witchcraft, Bk20; HLll123. [`witchdom']
wiccian to use witchcraft, LL. [`witch']
wicccraeft (Cra 70) = wiccecraeft? or wicg- craeft (skill with horses)? (BT).
wiccung f. enchantment, LL. [`witching']
wiccungdom m. witchcraft, Da121.

The following was excerpted from:
Sweet's Anglo-Saxon Reader in Prose and Verse
Revised Throughout by Dorthy Whitelock,
Elrington and Bosworth Professors of Anglo-Saxon in the University of Cambridge
Published by Oxford at the Clarendon Press 1967, First Edition 1876

wicca m. or wicce f. wizard or witch 16/164

"I wish I was in the Land of Britian, Ol' Times there are not Forgotten"

#22 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

If you use a board be sure affix a pentacle on the underside of the board or table. It helps contain the spirit. You can draw it on paper and glue or carve it in a plate of silver or wax and set the board on top. Another good idea would be to attach a slim packet of herbs that aid in communication.
Remember to call the spirit by name, never call on a random spirit. If you know the sigil, or have a picture of the spirit, then place that under the board too.

:) Ok good post although I have to disagree with what you wrote above. A pentacle is absolutely not necessary and personally I would not feel comfortable "trapping" any spirit.

When I use my board they are free to come and go as they please. It is immoral to force them to stay.

Also I never call any spirit by name to come because I have no idea who might wish to come through that night. I ASK them their name when they are already here and I never know who they are until they come through.

Again I would NEVER summon any spirit to come from their realm to ours. Calling them to chat on the board is bad manners. They have jobs to do and again it is immoral to summon them. I would only ever ask/summon my ancestors to come if I need their help in an emergency.

If they come through invited but not summoned that is different because they came through on THEIR terms and time.

There are spirits everywhere, talk to the ones around you. They are around you for a reason and usually have something to say. If you keep calling and summoning those who are not already with you, it is very wrong and if they are not able to come then another spirit could come in place of them and lie to you.

Respect them and they will respect you. You should use the board ethically, morally, and with utmost respect.

:)

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#23 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for that info Sandy, I was really wanting to contact my gggranny to see if she had anything to tell me and maybe where her book is. You see she practiced some sort of witchcraft/folk magic and had a book. My granny said it was a Witches Bible, she must have not known what the real name of it was,I assume it was a Grimoire. So now I know not to directly summon her and that if she has anything to tell me she will come to me.

#24 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

If you specifically wish her to come then invite her to come forward. If she isn't around at that time, I wouldn't summon her to come. I am sure your ggranny is around you most of the time anyway and if she cannot communicate with you psychically, she will most likely come through the board. (If she isnt currently in a physical form now!)

I spent the weekend with a couple of German psychics/mediums who are pretty famous over here on TV etc., I did some work for them as good will and they repaid me by answering a few of my questions on Saturday... which is relevant to this thread so Ill share.

I asked why my beloved Nan never comes through the board but my grandfather and great aunt come through alot. I asked if she was upset or angry or mad at me for something ...or had she even been reborn into a life.

They told me she is with me all the time and SHE is the one responsible for giving me information and pictures in my head. The reason my nan does NOT ever come through the board is because she simply doesn't need to. I pick up on the messages I get and act accordingly but I never for one second thought it could be her!

So Kern, if your ggran doesn't come through on the board, try something else, maybe even dream interpretation or the like - you might be amazed to find that your gggranny is actually talking to you on a psychic level alot more than you know :)

Posted Image
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image

#25 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

Ahh, I see now. So I will invite her when I work with the board.

Thanks for sharing that with me and the suggestion's, I will try other ways, if she doesnt come through on the board.

Guess I need to start paying more attention to things, you could be right about her talking to me on a psychic level. Ive often wondered why I am the only one in the family that I am aware of that is drawn to witchcraft. And then there were those times that a protective spirit as been around.

If you specifically wish her to come then invite her to come forward. If she isn't around at that time, I wouldn't summon her to come. I am sure your ggranny is around you most of the time anyway and if she cannot communicate with you psychically, she will most likely come through the board. (If she isnt currently in a physical form now!)

I spent the weekend with a couple of German psychics/mediums who are pretty famous over here on TV etc., I did some work for them as good will and they repaid me by answering a few of my questions on Saturday... which is relevant to this thread so Ill share.

I asked why my beloved Nan never comes through the board but my grandfather and great aunt come through alot. I asked if she was upset or angry or mad at me for something ...or had she even been reborn into a life.

They told me she is with me all the time and SHE is the one responsible for giving me information and pictures in my head. The reason my nan does NOT ever come through the board is because she simply doesn't need to. I pick up on the messages I get and act accordingly but I never for one second thought it could be her!

So Kern, if your ggran doesn't come through on the board, try something else, maybe even dream interpretation or the like - you might be amazed to find that your gggranny is actually talking to you on a psychic level alot more than you know :)

#26 Guest_methundercat_*

Guest_methundercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

I hear oices in my head, advising me to not do something, or to contact someone, etc. I have alwys thought they were my concience, now I'm thinking maybe they are ansestors guiding me? Am I correct in thinking this?

#27 Guest_StandingStone_*

Guest_StandingStone_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:43 PM

Methundercat, I believe there is a danger in jumping to conclusions. Also in blindly accepting anyone elses opinion.
I find that it's OK to live with doubt and unsureness, and to carry on in the belief that things are possably or probably a certain way.
Give everything the test of time, and in accepting advice, weigh the reputation of the advisor, and think....Maybe.
The voices in your head could be from any number of scorces, and I believe only you can know for sure, given time, who is speaking at any particular moment.

#28 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:21 AM

Also the messages you get might not be the result of what you think it will be.

For example, true story .... About 2 weeks ago I was racing about 160 KMPH on the highway when I got a message my tyre was about to blow out. I slowed down and literally a minute later the car in front of me blew a tyre. There was hot rubber bashing my windscreen and tons of smoke and it was scary ... if I had been going faster I probably would have gotten a cracked windshield or worse still, drove into him. I was able to steer around him with ease and get on with my journey.

So don't always take your messages as literal, they usually come through in puzzle form, sometimes obvious, sometimes downright frustrating.. but always they end up making sense later down the line. Just take note of them and be prepared :)

Posted Image

#29 Guest_methundercat_*

Guest_methundercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

Thank you both so much for your wise words. You have given me much to think about. I am VERY new to witchcraft and hopefully will improve with time.:sunny:

#30 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

I have written articles all over the place on here and also for various sites:
Try one of these links :)

http://www.sandycris...ouija-board.htm

http://www.ezinearti...afely&id=636154

Thanks for the article, Sandy. I never realized how involved it could be. I've seen warnings from others about using it without experience. Do you feel the same? My home is 116 years old so I know there have been many who have lived and perhaps died in my home. I know that it was built by a very prominent judge in 1893. I don't feel any sort of bad energy in my home for which I am so grateful. I'd like to perhaps contact the spirits as that is something I find most interesting and would like to either make or purchase a spirit board (rather than the trademarked Ouija board); however, I don't want to invite anything negative into my home.

<3 Hatshepsut
aka EM ;)

#31 Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

If you keep calling and summoning those who are not already with you, it is very wrong and if they are not able to come then another spirit could come in place of them and lie to you.

Wow, I never really thought of that. I acknowledge good & bad spirits but never thought of them lying about who they are. I'd hate to name drop & be lured into trusting a bad spirit!

<3 Hatshepsut
aka EM ;)

#32 BlackRaven

BlackRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

Having done paranormal investigations for the last 15 years, I have been called to loads of places that have become very active after a board has been done there.

There was a place in Manchester a couple of years ago that was opening up and they wanted to say they were haunted as for the type of business it was it would have increased sales. Anyway, they called us in and we got very little at all. We had agreed to do 2 nights, and we separated them by a couple of months. When we went back though all sorts of things were happening. We were all getting very similar feelings and thoughts of fire etc. We came to the conclusion that they must have done a board since our last visit and decided to confront the owner. The owner at first denied it, then said "well, just a little one". Turns out they had hosted a murder night and had done a "pretend" one as part of it. The subject of the murder night was to do with the great fire of London!

I do know of lots of people who have done them, many of them witches who say that they can be done safely, but I personally have so far not been convinced. I view it as the equivalent of telephoning a random number, giving them your home address and telling them the key is under the mat. You wouldn't know who the person was, whether they would be nice or not, and whether they would use the info against you. I am sure people have done them safely, but feel its only a matter of time and therefore would never do one myself. In my experience, spirits can lie. A simple yes/no system means you are in control of the questions, but being able to spell out what it wants means that they can manipulate you into what they need you to think/feel.

Taking the possible spirit element out of it completely, say that you are doing a board with a friend and only you and her know that you have a dead Auntie Mabel. As soon as the name Mabel comes through, you may think that your friend is pushing the glass. So they can cause internal distrust too.

No disrespect meant to those that do them, this is just my own opinion from experiences I have had.

The mind works like a parachute. Better when its open.

#33 LadyHawk

LadyHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

It's something I'm interested in but not active. I do firmly believe however, that you don't dabble in something like this unless you have someone who knows what they are doing with you. There is a very well known haunted building near to where I live, and I was invited by local paranormalists to go along, ages ago whilst they were in there, but I declined. I have had a couple of experiences where I have 'taken home', shall we say, unexpected visitors....and I didn't fancy that happening again.
LadyHawk x

#34 Cedar

Cedar

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

Great articles, Sandy!

I used to own a Ouija board when I was a child. My friends and I played with it a lot throughout jr. high school. I had some pretty odd experiences while using it, so no one can ever convince me it's "just a game."

The first time I ever used the Ouija was when I was 10. It was Christmas day, and my aunt was going to play with me (I had received the board from my parents as a gift.) I had been told that it was just a game and that it would only spell out what you were thinking in your head.

Now as a bit of an aside, I'm as old as dirt, and back in my day and in the community where I lived, kids didn't say the "F" word or any other swear words like they do nowadays. We'd get our mouth washed out with soap if we did! Not only that, I was a VERY sheltered and navie little girl. I don't even think I knew what the "F" word meant, much less having ever heard it in every day conversation.

So imagine my surprise when auntie and I sat down to play the board, and my first question to it was, "Ouija, are you for real?" It proceeded to spell out "F**k YOU!" Both my aunt and I looked at each other with total shock on our faces. We'd been told that it would only spell out what you were thinking...but neither of us were thinking that!

I've never picked it up since Jr. High school and don't think I will again. The people that I know who do use it get answers that don't really mean anything and it's obvious to me they're communicating with spirits who don't know squat and are just bored and looking for some humans to interact with.

#35 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

I view it as the equivalent of telephoning a random number, giving them your home address and telling them the key is under the mat.

Very well said, Black Raven. I particularly like the analogy.

My family never encouraged or discouraged the practice. When you have several Witches in the family, using a Ouija board is like playing catch with major league baseball players. Spirit conversations are fairly commonplace, so we know how to handle ourselves, which precautions to take, etc.

When I was a teenager, my friends would play with the Ouija, but I very rarely joined in. I always thought it was funny how excited they became when they thought they had contacted a spirit. They had not. I can sense spirit activity, and I only felt annoyed. On second thought, maybe the spirits were present and they were the ones who were annoyed.

Jevne

#36 Guest_Lea_*

Guest_Lea_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

I now have one. I have only used it once and there was not much activity....I think because the person I was using it with was not of the same mind at the time.

IMHO, I think it should be used with safety guidelines, such as Sandy's, and with great respect.....and of course no negative energy/thoughts.

#37 The Old Crone

The Old Crone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

I have used a homemade ouija for many years with good results. Can't say any one I have talked to ever gave me the Lotto numbers-but I have received some interesting "theories". I do beleive that some sort of spirit contact is their sometimes-but- I will say 90% of the time it is my subconcious cming thru. This in fact is a good thing, a tool to unlock the secrets of the subconcious-which goes hand in hand with the beleif that we already "know" all the secrets, but jut can't access them.

#38 Nyx

Nyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

I'm really interested in using a Ouija Board however, I'd like to find someone I trust and open minded enough to do it with!

"Let us sleep for in dreams we enter a world that’s entirely our own.
Let us swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."

#39 Nevaeh

Nevaeh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

They fascinate the hell out of me. Unfortunately I let some crazy ass experiences with some girls in college dictate my views and feelings on them. I am much older and wiser now. I feel as you do Nyx, if I could find someone I trust who is open minded and experienced with using one, I would try again. Sandy...when you coming stateside???...lol

#40 Guest_Magdalena_*

Guest_Magdalena_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

I believe `Devination` is not open for public viewing?

My brother and his biker mates messed around with a Quija board in my mums house, it was not long after that my brother died, the day before he died he told his mates he had dreamt he was surrounded by crosses. There was something bad in that house after and we all felt it and it never left, we all did eventually. Before my mum and dad moved into that house my nan insisted on the house being blessed, it was a new house when they moved in but it was never right. Whatever happened with that Quija board, happened in a blessed house and I would not go back there if you paid me.

Edited by Magdalena, 02 May 2010 - 06:57 PM.