Photo
- - - - -

Ouija Board/Spirit Board?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

I own a Ouija Board, well I tried it one day yrs back before I read that you were suppose to do certain things and not others, but nothing happened.

Any way, It didnt come with any rules or guidelines, so I was wondering has anyone on here ever used one and what were the results? And if anyone knows the correct way to use one? Ive heard everything from that you are suppose to cast a circle for protection and use candles for lighting to they are not real and they dont work. Ive also read that you are suppose to close it but It didnt mention how to.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

I have written articles all over the place on here and also for various sites:
Try one of these links :)

http://www.sandycris...ouija-board.htm

http://www.ezinearti...afely&id=636154

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#3 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

I own a Ouija Board, well I tried it one day yrs back before I read that you were suppose to do certain things and not others, but nothing happened.

Any way, It didnt come with any rules or guidelines, so I was wondering has anyone on here ever used one and what were the results? And if anyone knows the correct way to use one? Ive heard everything from that you are suppose to cast a circle for protection and use candles for lighting to they are not real and they dont work. Ive also read that you are suppose to close it but It didnt mention how to.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the playing board one for years and it worked just fine then I went and purchased a really good one recently and have uased it with good results as well.

Since I am not one to follow the do's and don'ts much in life I went by my own styles and have enjoyed the experiences.

I don't cast anything for protection prio to using it...nor do I use two people and etc.

My advice for you is to do what you feel safe and comfortable with and go from there.

Sandys article is a good one to read and follow. She knows her stuff :)

#4 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Anjel, you are very right, everyone has their own way and no I dont cast circles and all that bullcrap either :bored:. The spirits are there anyway whether you use a board or not.:scared:

Alot of people need a starting point though so that is why I wrote the article - I got pissed off with answering the same questions over and over again.

I do have to admit with more people it does work better - only because there is more energy for the spirit to utilise to be able to move the glass or planchette (but that is just from my own experiences). The best experience I had was with two other people and myself. The board was hot for over 2 hours and although the spirits didn't stay long, they were coming in fast and furiously :crazy:

Posted Image
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image

#5 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

Thanks Anjel, you are very right, everyone has their own way and no I dont cast circles and all that bullcrap either :bored:. The spirits are there anyway whether you use a board or not.:scared:

Those are exactly my thoughts.
I've never been afraid of using one, its just a tool in my opinion, and spirits are there whether you are or not using one.

I did have a nice wooden one not that long ago, but it never got used, so on eBay it went, lol.

#6 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Alot of people need a starting point though so that is why I wrote the article - I got pissed off with answering the same questions over and over again.

I do have to admit with more people it does work better - only because there is more energy for the spirit to utilise to be able to move the glass or planchette (but that is just from my own experiences). The best experience I had was with two other people and myself. The board was hot for over 2 hours and although the spirits didn't stay long, they were coming in fast and furiously :crazy:

True...two or more can be the best experience by far. Unfortunately I don't always play well with others in the same sandbox (not one comment from the peanut gallery guys! LOL!).

And as for the same question being asked over and over and over...yeah I agree 100% with you as well.

That is why U urge all newbies (even us old timers) to occasionally review the previous material and postings to see if they can find the answers already :)

#7 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

I have written articles all over the place on here and also for various sites:
Try one of these links :)

http://www.sandycris...ouija-board.htm

http://www.ezinearti...afely&id=636154

Thanks Sandy for the links..and everyone for the replies..

I looked in the Divination section and didnt see it. Sorry I try not to repost the same questions that have been privously asked. Guess as a newbie I didnt know where to look. So for future reference if I dont see what Im looking for, just remember its not that I didnt look if I post a question that has been asked a gazillion times, its because I couldnt find it. ;) But I'l try harder next time.

#8 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Thanks Sandy for the links..and everyone for the replies..

I looked in the Divination section and didnt see it. Sorry I try not to repost the same questions that have been privously asked. Guess as a newbie I didnt know where to look. So for future reference if I dont see what Im looking for, just remember its not that I didnt look if I post a question that has been asked a gazillion times, its because I couldnt find it. ;) But I'l try harder next time.

No problem...we have a vast inventory of previous postings. It takes a while to look through everything...don't worry over it.

All is good :)

#9 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

No problem...we have a vast inventory of previous postings. It takes a while to look through everything...don't worry over it.

All is good :)

Whew!

#10 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

What happens if a person does not close the board down properly, or lets say not at all?
Rebie

#11 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

Guess as a newbie I didnt know where to look. So for future reference if I dont see what Im looking for, just remember its not that I didnt look if I post a question that has been asked a gazillion times, its because I couldnt find it. ;) But I'l try harder next time.

This site has a fabulous search function. You'll find on the main menu, between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" - hint: look up at the top of your screen. Posted Image

#12 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

I have never had anything but angry, evil spirits coming at me from "the board." So I gave it up. Not just one board, but other peoples' boards. They threw theirs away and got new ones. But I don't know why this happened.
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#13 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

This site has a fabulous search function. You'll find on the main menu, between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" - hint: look up at the top of your screen. Posted Image

Yes I found it after I last posted on this thread. :cheers:
Before I had only seen the ones in the different areas, not sure how I overlooked that one.

#14 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

Better be careful so you don't let the devil out!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHE! :roflhard:

ok, seriously now, I haven't work with a board in many years, but I always had good results and enjoyed it. Should probably get another one, lost mine in a flood at the folks home. I always used my by myself.

Good luck if you try it! :mdance:

Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#15 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

What happens if a person does not close the board down properly, or lets say not at all?
Rebie

It is all your state of mind. If you are confident that you can handle whatever you bring forward thats fine. Most go of their own accord anyway. My hints and tips were written for the novice in mind to help them keep control of the situation. More often than not if one believes they have closed down and the air is "clear" their own energy is calm and at peace and naturally protected. If they feel they haven't done it right or suddenly have fears or worries then the "fun" could start :)

Wolfjan ... I have ever only had one spirit that tried to enter my mum to use her voice and he was VERY strong. Both my mum and myself kept control of the situation and psychically fought him to leave, which he eventually did leave her alone but he hung around most of the night throwing and pinging pegs from my utility room to my hall way.

But I have to admit I have never ever experienced any harmful or bad spirits as such. Some can get annoyed when you don't understand what they are trying to say, but none of them have been evil.

Posted Image

#16 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

I got one some years ago for my daughter and told her, that although it is called a game it was not a toy, and I wanted to be present when she used it. Well she never used it. Now she is scared of them - I guess after she got it and talking with her friends they told her stories of bad things that come through the board.

I now have it and I use it alone. When I get it to work I get good results but it takes awhile. I am thinking of getting another or making one. I sometimes think I have a hard time with it because it glows in the dark. I get the most activity around Beltain and Samhain and New Years Eve.

#17 Kern

Kern

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

That reply by rebie about closing it and others replies about "evil", got me to thinking. I am not sure if it had anything to do with the Ouija Board, but sometime after I used it that one time there was a spirit entity that entered my wife while she was asleep and began talking to me..I asked it who it was but it never did say. I told it to leave and not come back and havent had problems since. xxx

#18 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

It is all your state of mind. If you are confident that you can handle whatever you bring forward thats fine. Most go of their own accord anyway. My hints and tips were written for the novice in mind to help them keep control of the situation. More often than not if one believes they have closed down and the air is "clear" their own energy is calm and at peace and naturally protected. If they feel they haven't done it right or suddenly have fears or worries then the "fun" could start :)

Wolfjan ... I have ever only had one spirit that tried to enter my mum to use her voice and he was VERY strong. Both my mum and myself kept control of the situation and psychically fought him to leave, which he eventually did leave her alone but he hung around most of the night throwing and pinging pegs from my utility room to my hall way.

But I have to admit I have never ever experienced any harmful or bad spirits as such. Some can get annoyed when you don't understand what they are trying to say, but none of them have been evil.

Thanks for the explanation Sandy.
Rebie

#19 Guest_Lindsay_Meagan_*

Guest_Lindsay_Meagan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

Awesome site Sandy, thanks! I'm stoked to try it out :D

#20 Guest_mikonen_*

Guest_mikonen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

I just wrote a blog article about this :)

Here it is:

The Witch Board, or Ouija Board, holds a very special spot in my heart. It is a wonderful, yet much maligned, tool that we use to communicate with our beloved dead and familiars. Ignore the misinformation, donít believe the rumors, the Witch Board is a gift from the spirits.

First, let me give you a little inside information on the name Ouija. According to so-called experts, Ouija means "yes, yes" in French and German; this is false! Ouija is a blind (a deliberate misdirection by Witches and Warlocks, like the sacrifices in grimoires, itís misinformation), however it does point to its true name - Witch, or Wizard, Board

Ouija is almost exactly how the word wicca is correctly pronounced - weeícha. And of course wicca is an old Celtish word for male Witch or Wizard, wicce is the Celtish for Witch, FYI. So, cut it out Wiccans, with your "k" sounds.

Er, Celtish is an assumed Celtic word, but probably isn't. :red_witch:

Now then, how to use it. Well, you donít need an actual board, you could spread rune stones or cards with letters and numbers. Use an upturned glass as a planchette.

If you use a board be sure affix a pentacle on the underside of the board or table. It helps contain the spirit. You can draw it on paper and glue or carve it in a plate of silver or wax and set the board on top. Another good idea would be to attach a slim packet of herbs that aid in communication. I won't give too many suggestions because I don't know where you live and what grows wild there, but in Michigan look for some American Mandrake - it grows in patches, I've always seen it with two big opposing five fingered leaves. Cut the "May Apple" into chips and dry them out. Wrap them in black silk and glue it to the bottom of the board.

Remember to call the spirit by name, never call on a random spirit. If you know the sigil, or have a picture of the spirit, then place that under the board too.

Thats it. No long boring rituals, no cats blood, just you and your spirits.

Enjoy :)