• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mistflower

Mistflower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

I recently ordered some mugwort seeds and plan to have a go at growing my own. In the meantime I thought it would be an idea to buy a young plant from somewhere to familiarise myself with it, but there is nowhere to get one from. So that tells me I need to be patient. I would be hesitant to ingest it in any way (and as for wormwood, I'm not even going there) but would like to investigate what I can do with placing the leaves in strategic places and generally having the plant around and familiarizing myself with the spirit. I suppose you could say I am very cautious in this area!

Quick, said the bird, find them, find them,
Round the corner. Through the first gate

The Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot

#22 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

I learned a whole new level of respect for poisonous plants last spring. 

I've never gotten poison ivy.  I'm the moron that you see wading into it with shorts, flip flops and a pocket knife to clear it out.  So, we were cleaning the vines off the trees in the back, I identified vining poison oak, and continued on with the days chores.

It turns out, I have an anaphylactic reaction to poison oak.  Who knew?  I didn't. 

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#23 Levinthross

Levinthross

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:10 PM

i commonly use a wormwood salve but its also got sagebrush and mugwort in it i use it as a flying ointment sometimes for bruises or as a oil when warmed for assistance in divination or necromancy

#24 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

I recently made a 3 artemesia ointment, similar to what Levinthross mentioned that I think works quite well. Wormwood, Mugwort and Tarragon.

This works well as an aid for meditation, trance and dreaming and is also a great topical treatment for pain, to speed the healing of bruises and reduce inflammation.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake