Dead Like Me

Startella

Did anyone watch Dead Like Me, it is no longer on tv, cancelled after the second season. I think it was on the SiFi channel? It about a girl who gets killed by a toliet seat and becomes a grim reaper. It revolves around this girl George and a small group of reapers. Rather funny actually, kinda dark- I totally enjoyed it. While the writers strike was on we bought the two seasons and had a great time. You can rent them on Nex-flicks and I think you would be able to rent them at a movie place - not sure since I don't go to them.

Startella

Yeah, I watched both seasons when they originally aired in the UK - quite enjoyed them. Really liked the idea behind it and certainly had potential but seemed to move a little slow. Cancelled before it's time though in my opinion (as are most things these days). It makes me mad when good stuff gets cancelled whereas trivial crap like Charmed just keeps on going forever! (sorry to anyone who is a Charmed fan!) :naughty:

I loved dead like me!

They ended up canceling most of the shows I really got into after 1 or 2 seasons. Like Tru Calling and Jake 2.0, they both had really good story lines which they could have done a lot with =(.

I agree with Autumn, as much as I loved Charmed, I think they dragged it out and the last season really spoilt it. If they had just finished it at season 7 then everyone could have made up there own minds about there futures and we would never have had to meet Billie! lol.

Terri

I agree Terri, Tru Calling and Jake 2.0 definitely had potential. Tru Calling seemed to get more interesting in the second season though I did think that Jason Priestley's character was a bit pantomime villainish!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Guest Varillon

Totally missed this thread till today. Dead like me was one of my fave shows. Why they canceled it and not Eureka, I have no f-ing idea. It's nice that they tried to fit in a lot of sci-fi actors with Eureka, but something just annoys the hell out of me about that show.

Guest Varillon

Glad I'm not the only one haha

And I agree. It's the 'type' of show I should get into. But it's just not clicking with me at all.

Yep, I tried to get into Eureka when it first started as it looked like my kind of thing, but no. Just didn't mesh with me, only watched the first few. The guy's daughter was incredibly annoying which probably didn't help!

None of the characters appealed to me :frown:

• 1 year later...

I liked this show too....(cursing Showtime this time and not HBO). There is a movie that comes on SciFy channel every once in a while now. I watch it sometimes...it just ends up making me mad it got cancelled.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...