A call to all bellydancers!

Jaime

Hey, Anyone on here a bellydancer? I'm new at it and am wondering if and how you use it (or any dance really) in your craft. Also looking for advice on drills.

Thanks,

Jaime

My Belly dances.... When I run:p

No I haven't had the opportunity - it's supposed to be very good for you though.

I think I saw an article on wiccan bellydancers somewhere - I dont think it gave much info as to why they use it - energy raising maybe?

You must do a vid and post it so we can see how good you are.

Guest Rebie

I have not done belly dance yet. But I do use dance in my workings. A woman showed me how to write things with my feet while dancing during a spell. It is really cool. I also use dance to put me in that mood and to build energy.

Rebie

I have not done belly dance yet. But I do use dance in my workings. A woman showed me how to write things with my feet while dancing during a spell. It is really cool. I also use dance to put me in that mood and to build energy.

Rebie

Oh, I like that...writing with the feet.... Do you find that the dancing gives you energy instead of feeling like you're exerting to get in the "mood" as it were?

My Belly dances.... When I run:p

No I haven't had the opportunity - it's supposed to be very good for you though.

I think I saw an article on wiccan bellydancers somewhere - I dont think it gave much info as to why they use it - energy raising maybe?

You must do a vid and post it so we can see how good you are.

:laugh1:Mine too! That's why I want to take up the dancing!!

Hey, Sandy's the vid queen, not me.. Trust me, no one wants to see my big ass in a bellydancing costume anytime soon!! LOL I'm not a wallflower, but I get horrible stagefright. A friend of mine is a bellydancer and she's been trying to get me into it for a while. I've got a couple of videos and have taken a class in the distant past so I know some moves, but I haven't practiced enough to be good at it. Maybe if I get better! :naughty:

I've always wanted to do it but never had an instructor or time :(

That's too bad...it can be great fun..if you ever get the itch again, let me know and I'll try to get my hands on some videos to send you and get you started...maybe plan a little dance of the seven veils for Ray when he gets home?? :naughty:

Guest Rebie
Oh, I like that...writing with the feet.... Do you find that the dancing gives you energy instead of feeling like you're exerting to get in the "mood" as it were?

I am exerting some energy while dancing. When I use dance in my work, I am putting myself in a state of mind and I am building energy. Music is a big part of me and has always seemed like a natural thing to do when working magic. At least for me it is. I dance to put myself in a state of mind, and to build energy and sort of mold it. Then the finally is when I set that energy free to do its work. Writing with the feet is cool. It is really simple. Just dance and use your feet and toes to write out stuff. I do it around the fire pit outside when possible.

Rebie

I need to lose some serious weight before I start doin' any bellydancin'!!!LOL!!! My belly dances when I laugh!!!!! I do like the idea of dancin' to raise energy, though.:naughty: When I get the chance to, (I won't dance before an audience) I will try that with a spell.

Archived