- - - - -

Aura's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

Would reading peoples Auras be considered divination?
Rebie

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

yes...I beleive it is.

#3 Raina

Raina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

I really had to think about that for a minute. I've never thought of reading auras as divination but yes, I'd have to agree that it is.

Raina

#4 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

This is something I am actually relearning how to do. I used to be able to do it with out any effort when I was a child. Then as I got older my imagination started to go away and with it my ability to see auras readilly. I actually miss those gifts. As to if it's divination, I know there are professionals that give Aura readings with other readings. They also use the aura to tap into your spirt guides and the like. So I see it being used with divination, but not by it's self.

#5 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

Someone said that it is possible to read auras without actually seeing colors or anything around them. What do you all think or have heard about this?
Rebie

#6 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

you can "feel" the colours of saomeone's aura. Often, people who are empaths do this without trying.

#7 Jaime

Jaime

the cat's staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

you can "feel" the colours of saomeone's aura. Often, people who are empaths do this without trying.

I completely understand this...I can often sense when my boss (moody man) is in a "black" mood. At times like that it's not even worth making eye contact...

I can also tell when people aren't their usual self even if they lie and say they're ok...never thought of it as divination though..something to think about..

:howl-moon:

Respect the Elders. Teach the Young. Cooperate with the Pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your Mark.

:Witch-1:

#8 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Never thought to think of it as divination either.
mmmm...... something to think on.
I "feel" rather then see auras. Its a pain sometimes as I pick up what the person(s) are feeling. I hate going to the grocery store or walmart, that means being around alot of people & it makes me kinda sick with all that I 'feel'.

I havent been able to protect myself enough at those times.

The standing barefoot on the earth helps me alot. People are always asking why I dont wear shoes & I just tell them I dont like shoes but it helps me connect with the Earth.

SapphireMoon

#9 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

Someone said that it is possible to read auras without actually seeing colors or anything around them. What do you all think or have heard about this?
Rebie

I actually have a funny childhood story about that. Well more like my early teen years but any way. One of my good friends that I met at a summer camp and I were talking about sailor moon and role playing it to some extent. On the last day we could feel all kinds of different energy around us. Some nervous, others chaotic. We laughed and then went on our way.

Any way to get back to the topic, I think you can read auras with out seeing the colors. I myself can tell when some one's aura is not healthy by how they carry them selves. It's interesting, and as has been said some times with out protection it can be overwhelming.

#10 ladyemero

ladyemero

Scottish Siren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

I completely understand this...I can often sense when my boss (moody man) is in a "black" mood. At times like that it's not even worth making eye contact...

I can also tell when people aren't their usual self even if they lie and say they're ok...never thought of it as divination though..something to think about..

Yeah I'm an empath too, people just don't feel right, I've had a laugh once as I got close to a woman who was a strong psychic and literally bounced off her aura, we both stood there giggling.

Sometimes while I'm at work I can see energy around people's heads, glowing white, difficult to hold down a conversation sometimes lol when I'm more relaxed and with a few reiki friends or co teaching a reiki class the energy is higher and I see colours in specific areas and use my intuition to interpret what I see and feel.

PEACE....
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work, it means to be in the midst of those things and still
be CALM IN YOUR HEART
(unknown)

www.scottishsiren.wordpress.com

#11 Guest_Wealhtheow_*

Guest_Wealhtheow_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

Yay, my first non-introductory post! *happy dance*

Dictionary.com defines divination as 'the practice of attempting to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge by occult or supernatural means". I suppose if one considers the information gleaned from the reading of a person's aura to be "hidden knowledge", then it certainly would be considered a form of divination! Another question to ask would be if aura-reading is limited to a select few who have the ability to see or feel auras, or if everyone does it to some degree, and if the latter is true, then at which point does readily available knowledge become hidden knowledge contained within the aura? Eeeeek!

I am not sure if one could foretell future events by reading someone's aura. Anyone ever get any premonition-type feelings when doing so? I'm not overly proficient at reading or feeling auras myself.

If one can foretell someone's near future by reading the aura, though...then does that mean our immediate fate is somehow imprinted in our energy field, that all aspects of our lives come together to create an 'image' of what, based on someone or something's calculations, our next step in life is going to be, and that those who can 'read' auras can interpret this fleeting image...an image that must be constantly changing? If one takes a 'snapshot' of the aura at one moment in time, and then interprets the individual's future from it, how accurate and reliable would that interpretation be since by the time it is delivered the aura must have already changed, and the "future image" may be entirely different.

I suppose essentially that it was any type of fortune-telling or divinatory reading does, eh? We take a 'snapshot', whether it is an interpretation of the future events imprinted on the aura or we are pulling the information up from some global consciousness store of knowledge sort of thing, and then interpret the snapshot we've got, however blurred and incomplete it may be.

If this is the case...then such things as cartomancy, palmistry, tasseomancy...these would only be tools to facilitate our comprehension of this snapshot image, and in effect reading someone's aura by sight or feeling would be the purest form of fortune telling, as you would be bypassing physical tools and using your mental/spiritual faculties only!

Something to think about, certainly! :)

Wealhtheow

P.S. - Kindly do pardon my rambling if I haven't made the slightest bit of sense!

#12 LadyHawk

LadyHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

I don't see auras as such...I feel things more, but my eldest son has always been able to see auras. He reads people (purely for his friends and the like, not professionally) and is very accurate. I find it interesting, especially when we're out on the hill or countryside somewhere because everything living has an aura and it changes for lots of reasons..seasons, weather, health.

I wish I could see it....but we get a good picture between us

LadyHawk x

#13 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:51 PM

I feel peoples aura's rather than seeing them too. It can be overwhelming at times, but I have learned to shield myself rather well. I don't know about fortelling the future - never thought that much about that actually.

#14 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:58 AM

I never see Auras. I feel them like some of you in here. When talking to people I get premonitions. Someone once told me that it was their auras I was getting the information from. That is what promted me to start this thread. I was wondering if anyone in here agreed with that?
Rebie

#15 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:40 AM

I get premonitions too talking to people. But usually, it is just strong feelings about the person or what has, may, or is happening with them. It usually happens when I look them in the eye or touch them. When this happens though I can usually feel it coming on. Like a wave or something washing over me.

Just to put this out there too, I have strong connections with my friends. I'm grateful I only keep 2 friends close to me, cause I can usually feel them if they're experiencing strong emotions.

Empathy I guess. I dunno.

Is this somehow related to auras? I mean, can someone's aura 'stick' to you?

#16 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:01 AM

I get premonitions too talking to people. But usually, it is just strong feelings about the person or what has, may, or is happening with them. It usually happens when I look them in the eye or touch them. When this happens though I can usually feel it coming on. Like a wave or something washing over me.

Just to put this out there too, I have strong connections with my friends. I'm grateful I only keep 2 friends close to me, cause I can usually feel them if they're experiencing strong emotions.

Empathy I guess. I dunno.

Is this somehow related to auras? I mean, can someone's aura 'stick' to you?

The question about someones Aura sticking to you is a good one. Don't know the answer though. When I get these premonitions it is sometimes past, sometimes present and sometimes future. Example, I was talking to my husbands good friend one day. He was leaving the country to go home and run his families business. He had a new girlfriend he was crazy about. He said he would send for her after he had been there a year getting things in order. OUt of the blue I get this picture in my mind. I saw him with a native girl from his home country. She was young, early twenties. She was going to be his bride. So, before I could stop my mouth it came out. I just told him flat out that he would not send for this girl. That he would meet a young native lady and marry her. He looked at me like I was nuts. But it happend. :grin_witch:
So what i was wondering is, did I get this information from his Aura?
Rebie

#17 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:22 AM

I believe so.. I mean, I heard somewhere and feel the same way, that in the aura, there's a sort of 'psychic DNA'.. I mean, scientists can study your DNA and find health problems that can arise in the future.

Well, psychic DNA to me... crap.. how to start this..

We walk a path in life, and along side destiny, we have free will. Well, a lot of people we meet in this life, I believe we're meant to. So, the energy field around you senses this and manipulates that into you. Same as if you think negatively, negative things will happen, except some things are just supposed to happen. Learning experiences.

So when we sense this energy field, we pick up traces of what is to happen.

And back to the question I asked.. the more I think about it.. I think that it is MY aura that sticks to them.

I mean, I do know that I can will out an 'unprogramed' line of energy out to someone, and it is always to someone I love and care a lot about. Problem is, is that I do it and know I am doing it, only it just happens and I don't really think about it.

And now that I am starting to think about it, I feel that this line I was talking about is the connection.

.. damn that was hard to explain.. do you know what I am talking about?

x.x

#18 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:25 AM

I believe so.. I mean, I heard somewhere and feel the same way, that in the aura, there's a sort of 'psychic DNA'.. I mean, scientists can study your DNA and find health problems that can arise in the future.

Well, psychic DNA to me... crap.. how to start this..

We walk a path in life, and along side destiny, we have free will. Well, a lot of people we meet in this life, I believe we're meant to. So, the energy field around you senses this and manipulates that into you. Same as if you think negatively, negative things will happen, except some things are just supposed to happen. Learning experiences.

So when we sense this energy field, we pick up traces of what is to happen.

And back to the question I asked.. the more I think about it.. I think that it is MY aura that sticks to them.

I mean, I do know that I can will out an 'unprogramed' line of energy out to someone, and it is always to someone I love and care a lot about. Problem is, is that I do it and know I am doing it, only it just happens and I don't really think about it.

And now that I am starting to think about it, I feel that this line I was talking about is the connection.

.. damn that was hard to explain.. do you know what I am talking about?

x.x

Yes, I understand what you are talking about. You did a good job explaining it.
Rebie

#19 Guest_Landieth_*

Guest_Landieth_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:38 AM

Lol, thanks. I got a headache trying.

:beerchug:

#20 Guest_Wealhtheow_*

Guest_Wealhtheow_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

I believe auras are traditionally though to be composed of, at least partially, energy that cannot really physically be seen by our eyes. Our eyes do not have sensors for them. However, it does make sense that since some part of our brain is indeed capable of sensing the aura, that different people may interpret the information received from the aura in different ways. Some people’s brains may choose to construct an image of what the aura should look like, others may simply get a series of pictures or feelings about a person. I believe our brain speaks to us in symbols meaningful to us, and as everyone is different, it makes sense to me that there would be various ways of interpreting information that our physical senses (at least, the five senses) cannot help us with.

I believe that empathy, getting premonitions, etc….are all forms of reading the information contained within someone’s aura (or various “subtle bodies”).

About auras “sticking”…maybe it’s the aura, maybe it’s another subtle body. I don’t know either. However, I have read of and heard many theories that we do “stick” to certain people, places and things. This can be good, in the case of sticking to your loved ones so you may feel them even when you are not with them, but it can also be bad; sticking to someone who’s wronged you, a place you’ve had bad experiences in, various material things…this keeps your connection with the person/place/thing alive and prevents the exchange of negative energies from coming to a halt.

Landieth, you mentioned sending out “unprogrammed” lines of energy to someone, a line of energy that I am assuming you mean acts as an open line of communication which has no specific purpose other than to relay information back to you about the object you sent it to. Do you believe “programmed” lines are sent whenever you cast your magic the same way as unprogrammed ones? Do they “stick” the object you direct your magic to and stay there? Or do they stick for a time and then let go? If so, does the magic only work when the line is stuck to the object? Or is casting your magic something different entirely and there is no line sent from your subtle bodies to another? Anyone else’s opinions on this would be appreciated as well!

“We walk a path in life, and along side destiny, we have free will. Well, a lot of people we meet in this life, I believe we're meant to. So, the energy field around you senses this and manipulates that into you. Same as if you think negatively, negative things will happen, except some things are just supposed to happen. Learning experiences.

So when we sense this energy field, we pick up traces of what is to happen.”

My idea of Fate is that, as Landieth stated, we have both destiny and freewill. There are certain events that MUST happen in our lives (our lives have a basic purpose or “mission”). In between those events, we have freewill. What we do and how we do it is entirely up to us. However, certain things are fated to happen and they WILL happen, regardless of how we get there. But, give two million people the same basic purpose, and no one will turn out the same, no one will experience the same things or undergo the same journey, and will end up being altogether unique beings regardless of sharing a common destiny. Maybe the psychic DNA in someone’s aura or another subtle body can be partially decoded to see aspects of someone’s past, present, and future.

Looking forward to everyone's further views on this!

Wealhtheow