Photo
- - - - -

How often?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

How often do you use a form of divination? I personally try to do something with divination once a week. Even if it's just meditating on what the cards mean.

#2 circelilith

circelilith

Ode to no one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

I only use divination when I feel ike I'm In a rut or need an answer or i just feel like playing with my cards. I Dont have a tarot deck atm ( stil lokng for the perfect one lol) but I do have a fairy oracle deck and a Goddess and angel deck which I do a lot of my readings from.

Ive also recently purchased a set of Beautiful dice, which were suppose to be used for Role play but they've turned into divination dice and they get used quite a bit at the moment my me and my partner, at least once a week. :dancing:

"My church is not of silver and gold,
Its glory lies beyond judgement of souls
The commandments are of consolation & warmth
You know our sacred dream won't fail
The sanctury tender and so frail
The sacrament of love
The sacrament of warmth is true
The sacrament is you"
H.I.M

#3 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

How often do you use a form of divination? I personally try to do something with divination once a week. Even if it's just meditating on what the cards mean.

Whenever I feel the need or desire to use it

#4 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:02 AM

I'm about the same as circelilith. Usually when I'm in a rut or just want to play with one of my decks or all. I took a break from reading for people for awhile.

SapphireMoon

#5 Nightshade

Nightshade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I generally read signs and omens rather than do formal divinations. I also tend to rely on my precognition and gut instincts. I do formal divination maybe once or twice a year. Not often.

#6 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

I use divination when I feel the need, or when someone asks me to do one for them.
Rebie

#7 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

I guess another question along the same lines would be when some one starts a practice is it a good idea to spend a little time on their study each and every day if possible?

#8 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

As and when needed. Sometimes its daily, sometimes monthly, sometimes less.

#9 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

Daily practice when starting out is advisable for tarot. Other forms, I couldn't say, as I think its an individual thing.

#10 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

Daily practice when starting out is advisable for tarot. Other forms, I couldn't say, as I think its an individual thing.

Good advice. I think I am going to start doing a daily practice with my divination again. I'm gonna start with cartomancy as it's a family thing.

#11 Raina

Raina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:24 AM

If I'm pondering something and/or trying to make an important decision I will bring out my Tarot cards.

At one time I used to pull a card for every day but don't seem to have time for that any more.

I always do a reading on or very near to my birthday to see what my personal year holds for me.

Raina

#12 Guest_Phoenixahi_*

Guest_Phoenixahi_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:37 AM

usually when I am pondering something and not quite sure what path to take !

:naughty:

#13 eagleheart75

eagleheart75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

For me I use it rather frequently. Every night when I dream and then at least 2 other times a week when I meditate( now that I have relearned how to meditate that is lol)