Amsterdam

Morgana

Last night on FOX was a new program called Amsterdam. Interesting:

Its about a guy, John York, who back in the 1600's (I think) was killed while saving a Native American woman. While dying she blessed/cursed him. He would never die until he found his true love. He's 400 yrs old and never has found his true love. He's been married, has had children, who know his secret, but can't die. He's had many careers and is currently a cop. Seems like a fairly good program. There is a lot of flash backs.

Its Thursday nites at 8pm (central time). Try to check it out next week!!

:bolt:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Domina

I like this, but didn't catch it at the beginning.

One thing I can't get past...if I was 400 years old, and death was likely far down the road, I wouldn't go to work as a cop. You work in police, FBI, etc., they have your fingerprints in NCIC and IAFIS. When he has to disappear and start a new life, what if he leaves prints in a place where a crime occurs? How would he explain that, when they came to cart him away?

Ok, I don't mean to be rude....but its a make believe story, not real. They could have made him a priest, but they made him a cop in this life. If I remember right, he's been a con man, a lawyer, a trapper and I believe a gangster (that they have showed so far). I usually go thru this with the hubby. If it was more on the level of Law & Order, then I would question the fingerprint theory, but its not. As I tell John, sit back, turn your mind off and enjoy the show!! :crystal-gazing: