Photo
- - - - -

Scrying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Tiger Lady_*

Guest_Tiger Lady_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

I never thought of gazing into fire of some sort as scrying. If that's the case I do it every time I have a camp fire. I just stare into the fire and feel like some one or something is trying to tell me something....Maybe I should open my mind more and see what comes up?

I think you should try it Loona Wynd. If you are so transfixed on flames I think it will work well for you.

#42 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

Greetings All

I have investigated various forms of skrying ... I had some luck at one stage with using two coloured bowls of water, bonfire embers, a big pice of volcanic glass, standard mirrors and especially the one by one and a hlaf meter black mirror I got to play with for a while. That one literally used to warp the air around it! lol I shall have to see if I still have a pic of it somewhere.

All that being said, it is perhaps the hardest form in that you can't really push it .. you have to be the right person at the right time with the right form - and then you get all the info you could want in spades. And even then that may not work the same way the next day ....

Fraternally

Scott

New Me! Now with added incomprehensibilityfullness for your convenience!

#43 ladyemero

ladyemero

Scottish Siren

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

I have a black mirror sitting at home with the primary function freaking the christian neighbours out.

After reading this thread and getting an hours peace i thought i had better get started on it instead of putting it off like usual. having a fairly successful first attempt ( it's was rather strange watching my self morphing into a grumpy man!!!!!) I think I'll stick at it and see what happens and if I can interpret it.

Have to put jack russell in garden though since as soon as it started to work he started to cry.:bunny:

Grumpy man ...I like that haha
I seem for some reason to morph into African women in full tribal head gear, I only can think I'm glimpsing a past life though we do have the same bone structure and a rather long neck, I have always been strong and my intuition tells me it was due to the hardships then.
I haven't done it for a while so, good idea to look at it again

PEACE....
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work, it means to be in the midst of those things and still
be CALM IN YOUR HEART
(unknown)

www.scottishsiren.wordpress.com

#44 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

This might be a dumb question, but how do you all pronounce "scry" or "scrying"?

I'd always assumed it was like "crying" with an "s" in front of it, long "i" sound; but I've also heard people pronounce it as, "screeing".

?

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#45 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

Greetinsg G.

Yup Skry as in "Cry' with an S on the front.

I also have had people say the other and so I have asked them if they had a good "cree" last time they hurt themselves or whether they would like to "tree" a different way of talking ..... There .. There Wolf .. There Castle!

lol

Ahhh ... not that it matters and I only generally razz people who treat it so for reasons that get on my tits (should that be Tights? hehehe) At the end of the day I speak english and me speak 'um pretty good ... so it'll be the english way of pronouncing it for me - sometimes I even use a variety of funny accents and stand on one leg! *G*

Fraternally

Scott

#46 Guest_Silverivy_*

Guest_Silverivy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

I tried scrying with a crystal ball and water a long time ago, but nothing happened. I keep getting the feeling I should be doing it with a candle so hopefully that will work better.

Going back to two points that perked my interest - I too am terrified of mirrors, I always think I'm going to see myself in some grotesque, scary form or something. Not sure whether this is just my over-active imagination (too many horror films perhaps) or whether it's a part of my psyche that's trying to tell me something. Anyone had an over-whelming urge to make a really scary face in the mirror to see how you react - maybe I'm just weird because I keep getting those urges!

Regarding trances, I seem to spend my life in one, and that's no exageration! I constantly feel like I'm partially zoned out of everything, I can't concentrate on anything for long, hardly listen to people when they're talking (and it's not because they are boring me). People say I'm too much 'in my head'. When I 'zone out' I don't really go anywhere in particular, I'm just not 'here'. Any comments, suggestions, psychiatric advice perhaps!!!! :cuckoo:

I have always been a little spooked out by mirrors. May be the scary movies when I was young but I don't think so. Funny thing is we just moved about a month ago and the mirrors in this house don't bother me at night . Thought that was kinda strange.

Speaking of mirrors being doorways made me think of a fiend I have who has a strange situation in her house. On the land where her house was to be built, there was an little old house that had belonged to an old indian lady. The indian lady always planted the certain types of flowers around her house. I can't remember what kind they were. My friend's SO was the one building the house so before she knew anything about it he dosed the little house. She didn't find out about it until after her house was built. She came across a pile of rubble with flowers growing around it. She asked her SO about it and he told her about the house. Of course she got mad that he hadn't talked to her first before tearing it down. In the spring she dug up some of the flower and planted them around her house.

In her house as soon as you walk through the front door there is this huge mirror. I hate it. It is a beautiful mirror but it always makes me want to turn around and walk back out. The first thing I thought when I seen it was "That's bad."

To tie it all together now she see things out of the corner of her eye all the time. Her son is convinced that the house is haunted. None of this started before the flowers.

I may be totally off base with this but when she told me about the flowers the first thing I thought was that the indian lady thought it was her house now, and the mirror could be the doorway for her.

When my friend was telling me these things it was in different conversations and she hadn't put any of it together. I didn't tell her what I thought because it would only spook her out more.

#47 Grymdycche

Grymdycche

Thaumaturge Medicocre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

Greetinsg G.

Yup Skry as in "Cry' with an S on the front.

I also have had people say the other and so I have asked them if they had a good "cree" last time they hurt themselves or whether they would like to "tree" a different way of talking ..... There .. There Wolf .. There Castle!

lol

Fraternally
Scott

LOL! Thanks Scott, I'm actually relieved. I kinda thought that was a really bizarre pronunciation.
"Screeing" is the sound birds of prey make ;)

http://runeforum.phrets.com
9 out of 10 string theory physicists agree: 'Nothing Rests; Everything Moves; Everything Vibrates'' -the Kybalion.

#48 Scott

Scott

Irritatingly Thoughtful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

Greetings S.

Hmm that sounds like a drama. Yep I'd not have the mirror in the door given the situation esp with the transplanting of the flowers. Some thoughts follow ..

I consider it this way: This reality and spirits is like thinking of teh ocean and fish. I am never surprised to take a dip and see fish - whethere there be hndreds of just the odd one or two darting behind rocks. I am only really nervy when I note that there are none or only one big one - it means there is a reason for the scarcity and it is rarely good! *G*

In this situation, the way I read it ... Once there was a house there with flowers round it, it got taken away. All places have spirits whether they be of place, of things, impressions, thought forms whatever ... they get used to the way they like things and most often don't quite comprehend why things should change - like us really! lol So then suddenly there is another house with the flowers ... ok we are bac to the way things were ... but no - this is different .... and this one has a mirror facing the door so we can't get in!!

It is worth reembering that placing a mirror there stops the flow of energies in the doorway concerned. Now I know there may be some Fens Shui folks sagely nodding at this stuff but I say forget that - what is about these days on that score is largely over formalised rulings on what should be common sense from a particular culture and geography being peddled at high prices to the rest of the world. To put it simply, mirrors reflect and there are some spirits that won't go near mirrors for much the same and other reasons - quite irrelevant of the direction or land currents.

It COULD also be that they are all just milling about wondering what has gone wrong now .... why isn't anything where I remember it ....

Also I would bear in mind that what some people consider "a place being haunted" is to some of us - "where all my friends hang out!" I had a friend years ago who moved into a place which she said was haunted. She complained of most of the standard things, seeing things, things going missing, being touched by no one, doors slamming etc etc you name it. I asked her if she had thought of talking to it.

She got angry one day and went off at it for bothering her and then spent a week with a presence actually sulking and muttering after her. I thought it was pretty funy but she didn't. So I sugested that if it acted like a child she might try treating it like one. She took to treating it like a game of hide and seek like you would with a toddler. You see something whip around and say boo with a big laugh and so on ... It brightened the place up in no time.

Projection? Perhaps, perhaps not .. but either way it had the required effect, it lightened the house and sorted her at the same time. *Shrugs* So no matter what the reason whether it be Psych ic or ological .. the root and the result agreed and that is all that is really required at the end of the day for my money! *G*

Fraternally

Scott

#49 Guest_Bansheekisses_*

Guest_Bansheekisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:00 AM

I personally use: Ball, Bowl and Mirror.
I use each one depending on purpose and how my mood is. One day could be a ball day, while the next is a bowl day.
With a mirror, I have to be careful. I have to " open and shut" the mirror otherwise, I feel like I should be Alice looking through. Though, depending on the window I have had odd experiences with them too.
Shop windows being the worst. Look in at a desirable item, and end up looking into the depths of something or someone else entirely.