Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loona Wynd

Scrying

Does any one Scry? If so how do you get into a mindset when Scrying works? I've tried it a few times with my Crystal Ball, and even a bowl of water, and nothing seems to come out of it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I found that I'm pretty good at scying with water & candle wax. My oldest was in prison went I first started with the candle wax scying & one day it told me he was in trouble so I did a protection spell for him & he wrote later telling me about a fight he almost got into but the guy got a strange look on his face of fear & then just walked away muttering he wasnt going to mess with him anymore cause of something standing behind him that looked like a demon. lol

after that the guy started asking if there was anything he needed. lol

SapphireMoon

Guest Rebie

Water scrying does not seem to be my thing. I am not as attracted to it, so it doesn;t work well for me. Fire works okay. So far the one that is easiest for me is mirror scrying. When i use mirrors, I use a regular hand held mirror that is specifically used for this. I have not tried black mirrors yet but plan to one day.

As for mindset, the more you practice it, the easier it will be and you will also discover what puts you in that mindset.

Rebie

Would you explain how you do your scrying with candle wax and water? It sounds very interesting.

:thanks:

I have a black onxy bowl that I put water into then I light my candle & say alittle chant to open my vision up & let the wax drip in the water til I feel to stop then look at the wax droppings & use my knowledge to interpret what I see formed in the wax.

My story up above my sons intials formed in the wax( I wasnt thinking of him) & then a x formed with a scriggle line pointing towards his intials. I used my intuition then to figure out what was going on.

SapphireMoon

Do you know how to trance, Loona Wynd? At the very least, you should be able to enter into a light trance, then you can "tune in" to the energy signature of the scrying medium, be it a crystal ball, obsidian mirror or otherwise.

Would you explain how you do your scrying with candle wax and water? It sounds very interesting.

:thanks:

If I remember correctly from reading about it, you let the candle wax drip down into the water and interpret the shapes. I could be wrong though.

If I remember correctly from reading about it, you let the candle wax drip down into the water and interpret the shapes. I could be wrong though.

Yup. I've used that style of scrying once before. I found it okay, but not as illuminating as my crystal ball.

Do you know how to trance, Loona Wynd? At the very least, you should be able to enter into a light trance, then you can "tune in" to the energy signature of the scrying medium, be it a crystal ball, obsidian mirror or otherwise.

It's something I am not really sure about, though I do seem to be starting to drift in and out of very light trances while sitting on the couch watching TV. I'm not there but I am.. and my mind is else where..

I haven't delved into this too much... I have an aversion to mirrors so I've been a bit frightened, truth be told... but it would be interesting to see what I can see, if I could ever get over being scared... LOL!

Guest Rebie
I haven't delved into this too much... I have an aversion to mirrors so I've been a bit frightened, truth be told... but it would be interesting to see what I can see, if I could ever get over being scared... LOL!

I had avoided using mirrors for a long time. Kind of afraid also. Finally decided to do it one Halloween night. I really didn't think I would see anything, but I did.

I can understand having aversions to things. I was that way for many years when it came to my photo being taken. That is why my family fusses that there are not many photos of me.

Rebie

I have a black mirror sitting at home with the primary function freaking the christian neighbours out.

After reading this thread and getting an hours peace i thought i had better get started on it instead of putting it off like usual. having a fairly successful first attempt ( it's was rather strange watching my self morphing into a grumpy man!!!!!) I think I'll stick at it and see what happens and if I can interpret it.

Have to put jack russell in garden though since as soon as it started to work he started to cry.:bunny:

Guest Phoenixahi

Oh I totally hear ya Kitchenwitch ;) I see many people when I look into mirrors and of course , only one is me

but scrying is something I have yet to try although in trance I have seen much within a flame !

More the past rather than futuristic

Intruging that - how does one choose if they wish past/present/future information? Is that all to do with intent prior to scrying?

:popcorn:

Do people have a better/easier time starting with mirrors or do you think a crystal ball (even though it's tiny) might work?

Guest Rebie
Do people have a better/easier time starting with mirrors or do you think a crystal ball (even though it's tiny) might work?

It just depends on the person. Try them both and see which one comes easiest for you.

Rebie

It just depends on the person. Try them both and see which one comes easiest for you.

Rebie

Ok! I'll add a scrying mirror to my shopping list. I know I had some ok luck with a bowl of water at my parents a while ago.

Question I have with a mirror.....does it have to be an actual scrying mirror? I have this wonderful, old, handheld mirror that was my Grandmothers. I was wondering if I could try this. Would it work?

Guest Rebie
Question I have with a mirror.....does it have to be an actual scrying mirror? I have this wonderful, old, handheld mirror that was my Grandmothers. I was wondering if I could try this. Would it work?

I use one of those antique hand held mirrors. It is not painted black. It is a regular mirror. It works for me.

Rebie

I tried scrying with a crystal ball and water a long time ago, but nothing happened. I keep getting the feeling I should be doing it with a candle so hopefully that will work better.

Going back to two points that perked my interest - I too am terrified of mirrors, I always think I'm going to see myself in some grotesque, scary form or something. Not sure whether this is just my over-active imagination (too many horror films perhaps) or whether it's a part of my psyche that's trying to tell me something. Anyone had an over-whelming urge to make a really scary face in the mirror to see how you react - maybe I'm just weird because I keep getting those urges!

Regarding trances, I seem to spend my life in one, and that's no exageration! I constantly feel like I'm partially zoned out of everything, I can't concentrate on anything for long, hardly listen to people when they're talking (and it's not because they are boring me). People say I'm too much 'in my head'. When I 'zone out' I don't really go anywhere in particular, I'm just not 'here'. Any comments, suggestions, psychiatric advice perhaps!!!! :cuckoo:

Regarding trances, I seem to spend my life in one, and that's no exageration! I constantly feel like I'm partially zoned out of everything, I can't concentrate on anything for long, hardly listen to people when they're talking (and it's not because they are boring me). People say I'm too much 'in my head'. When I 'zone out' I don't really go anywhere in particular, I'm just not 'here'. Any comments, suggestions, psychiatric advice perhaps!!!! :cuckoo:

You are living on your higher chakras only which is really unhealthy. Do some chakra excercises to open the lower chakras and close the higher chakras a bit.

Try and get your energy body alighned and work on those chakras, try and keep yourself grounded.

To ground quickly I would take off your shoes and socks and stand outside. Imagine your feet slowly sinking into the ground and going right through to the center of the earth :)

Thats what this mirror is. Guess I'll use it after cleaning up the silver again. Jeez, maybe I should clean up the brush and comb that goes with it and use all three pieces.

Sandy, thank you. That is quite possibly the best advice anyone's ever given me - where were you in my teenage years when I needed you! :wink: You'd have blown those psychologists straight out of the water.

I will certainly follow your advice, it seems to make total sense to me now but not knowing much about Chakras it never occurred to me. Can you recommend further reading on Chakras or can I get all the information I need by browsing the net and the Trad Witch forums?

Thank you again :thankyou:

The best chakra CD I have found in English is Journey through the Chakras with Elizabeth Whiter :)

She has a very soothing voice and will take you through a guided meditation that will balance and cleanse your chakras one by one.

Highly recommended :)