Photo
- - - - -

Scrying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:36 PM

Does any one Scry? If so how do you get into a mindset when Scrying works? I've tried it a few times with my Crystal Ball, and even a bowl of water, and nothing seems to come out of it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

#2 FamiliarWitch

FamiliarWitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

i was wondering this as well. i have had no luck, only headaches. literally.

#3 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

I found that I'm pretty good at scying with water & candle wax. My oldest was in prison went I first started with the candle wax scying & one day it told me he was in trouble so I did a protection spell for him & he wrote later telling me about a fight he almost got into but the guy got a strange look on his face of fear & then just walked away muttering he wasnt going to mess with him anymore cause of something standing behind him that looked like a demon. lol

after that the guy started asking if there was anything he needed. lol

SapphireMoon

#4 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

Water scrying does not seem to be my thing. I am not as attracted to it, so it doesn;t work well for me. Fire works okay. So far the one that is easiest for me is mirror scrying. When i use mirrors, I use a regular hand held mirror that is specifically used for this. I have not tried black mirrors yet but plan to one day.
As for mindset, the more you practice it, the easier it will be and you will also discover what puts you in that mindset.
Rebie

#5 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Would you explain how you do your scrying with candle wax and water? It sounds very interesting.

:thanks:

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

#6 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

There is information on this thread here that might help. :wink:

#7 SapphireMoon

SapphireMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

I have a black onxy bowl that I put water into then I light my candle & say alittle chant to open my vision up & let the wax drip in the water til I feel to stop then look at the wax droppings & use my knowledge to interpret what I see formed in the wax.

My story up above my sons intials formed in the wax( I wasnt thinking of him) & then a x formed with a scriggle line pointing towards his intials. I used my intuition then to figure out what was going on.

SapphireMoon

#8 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

Do you know how to trance, Loona Wynd? At the very least, you should be able to enter into a light trance, then you can "tune in" to the energy signature of the scrying medium, be it a crystal ball, obsidian mirror or otherwise.

#9 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

Would you explain how you do your scrying with candle wax and water? It sounds very interesting.

:thanks:

If I remember correctly from reading about it, you let the candle wax drip down into the water and interpret the shapes. I could be wrong though.

#10 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

If I remember correctly from reading about it, you let the candle wax drip down into the water and interpret the shapes. I could be wrong though.

Yup. I've used that style of scrying once before. I found it okay, but not as illuminating as my crystal ball.

#11 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

Do you know how to trance, Loona Wynd? At the very least, you should be able to enter into a light trance, then you can "tune in" to the energy signature of the scrying medium, be it a crystal ball, obsidian mirror or otherwise.

It's something I am not really sure about, though I do seem to be starting to drift in and out of very light trances while sitting on the couch watching TV. I'm not there but I am.. and my mind is else where..

#12 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

I haven't delved into this too much... I have an aversion to mirrors so I've been a bit frightened, truth be told... but it would be interesting to see what I can see, if I could ever get over being scared... LOL!

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#13 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

I haven't delved into this too much... I have an aversion to mirrors so I've been a bit frightened, truth be told... but it would be interesting to see what I can see, if I could ever get over being scared... LOL!

I had avoided using mirrors for a long time. Kind of afraid also. Finally decided to do it one Halloween night. I really didn't think I would see anything, but I did.
I can understand having aversions to things. I was that way for many years when it came to my photo being taken. That is why my family fusses that there are not many photos of me.
Rebie

#14 Rowan's Light

Rowan's Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

I have a black mirror sitting at home with the primary function freaking the christian neighbours out.

After reading this thread and getting an hours peace i thought i had better get started on it instead of putting it off like usual. having a fairly successful first attempt ( it's was rather strange watching my self morphing into a grumpy man!!!!!) I think I'll stick at it and see what happens and if I can interpret it.

Have to put jack russell in garden though since as soon as it started to work he started to cry.:bunny:

#15 Guest_Phoenixahi_*

Guest_Phoenixahi_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:55 AM

Oh I totally hear ya Kitchenwitch ;) I see many people when I look into mirrors and of course , only one is me

but scrying is something I have yet to try although in trance I have seen much within a flame !

More the past rather than futuristic

Intruging that - how does one choose if they wish past/present/future information? Is that all to do with intent prior to scrying?

:popcorn:

#16 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Do people have a better/easier time starting with mirrors or do you think a crystal ball (even though it's tiny) might work?

#17 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Do people have a better/easier time starting with mirrors or do you think a crystal ball (even though it's tiny) might work?

It just depends on the person. Try them both and see which one comes easiest for you.
Rebie

#18 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

It just depends on the person. Try them both and see which one comes easiest for you.
Rebie

Ok! I'll add a scrying mirror to my shopping list. I know I had some ok luck with a bowl of water at my parents a while ago.

#19 Morgana

Morgana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Question I have with a mirror.....does it have to be an actual scrying mirror? I have this wonderful, old, handheld mirror that was my Grandmothers. I was wondering if I could try this. Would it work?
Earth as Body become Me
Air as Life breathe through Me
Fire as Spirit consume Me
Water as Blood flow through Me
Spirit as Guide lead Me

#20 Guest_Rebie_*

Guest_Rebie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

Question I have with a mirror.....does it have to be an actual scrying mirror? I have this wonderful, old, handheld mirror that was my Grandmothers. I was wondering if I could try this. Would it work?

I use one of those antique hand held mirrors. It is not painted black. It is a regular mirror. It works for me.
Rebie