cauldron

SapphireMoon

Hi all. I'm looking to by a cauldron & was wondering if any could recommend a good online store to get atleats a medium size for decent cheap price?

sapphireMoon

thanks. I looked at them but before ordering one I checked amazon & found a 10 inch one for $25.00. thats cheaper & bigger then I thought I would end up with.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the link but I got the one I found on amazon but I thinak you for the site. I really like the cast iron wok & salt & pepper pots on there. Once I get some more money saved up I think I'm going to get them.lol

SapphireMoon

I got a huge old cast iron soap pot at a yard sale about 8 yrs ago for $100. Yard sales, junk shops,etc can be awesome for finding treaures:witchbroom:!

I got a huge old cast iron soap pot at a yard sale about 8 yrs ago for $100. Yard sales, junk shops,etc can be awesome for finding treaures:witchbroom:!

I agree with Arabi, I got a large (think 3 qt) cast iron dutch oven pot never used, for $5.00 at a garage sale. Even if you buy one online, keep an eye out for these kind of treasures. I find almost all my stuff during the warm months hitting the yard and garage sales.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lilly

My cauldron is a 3 leg dutch oven I got for $4 at a Catholic School rummage sale! I love using recycled objects.

Guest Tiger Lady

LOL! I like seeing I'm not the only one who uses something a little different. I use a really old cast iron skillet I've had for a long time. I have two and depending on what I need to burn, size wise, is how I choose. When I tell Wiccans that they don't need to spend a lot of money on a cauldron they gasp. I just shake my head and laugh.

• 5 years later...

I realize that we have discussed cauldrons in the private section and that cauldrons are mentioned in various threads, but I was a bit surprised to see so few comments on the two main, public cauldron related threads.  Of all my Witchy tools, the cauldron is my absolute favorite.  I own more than a few . . . maybe 10 or so, of varying sizes, shapes, and metals.  I have traditional-looking cauldrons and I have vessels that I use as cauldrons.  This is what I think of when I think of a Witch's tool.  I know that there are those that stand on the whole . . . I only need the power of my mind-thing . . . but I find a cauldron, specifically charged and used for magical purposes, gives a working that perfect little kick.

Got mine from Amazon.  :cauldron04: 

Not a terribly witchy vendor, but who cares? I LOVE it so much!!

It's a size 2 (6.34 qts) cast iron potjie.... ran me about $80, but well worth it....

post-1472-0-04421400-1379904507_thumb.jpg

I realize that we have discussed cauldrons in the private section and that cauldrons are mentioned in various threads, but I was a bit surprised to see so few comments on the two main, public cauldron related threads.  Of all my Witchy tools, the cauldron is my absolute favorite.  I own more than a few . . . maybe 10 or so, of varying sizes, shapes, and metals.  I have traditional-looking cauldrons and I have vessels that I use as cauldrons.  This is what I think of when I think of a Witch's tool.  I know that there are those that stand on the whole . . . I only need the power of my mind-thing . . . but I find a cauldron, specifically charged and used for magical purposes, gives a working that perfect little kick.

I have been looking for a bigger cauldron for awhile, but what I use now works just fine for what I need at the moment.  I have a small, broken (antique?) cast iron bean pot that I picked up in a thrift shop.  I also use an old glass sundae dish,a copper chaffing pot, a ceramic fondue pot or even a bowl.  It all depends, but some sort of "container" I see as essential to many things that I do because they serve a practical function to hold all your "stuff" together and they do add a little something extra to the spell.  

I don't use a actual caldron I use this weird looking pot I found for 2 bucks at a thrift shop its the neatest shape kind of tall with a wide bottom and then it comes in and flares out again perfect for using jars in. When I was kid we had this huge cauldron in our backyard I could actually sit in it it was my great great grandmothers we would do spells with things from the yard lol it was great fun.

Got mine from Amazon.  :cauldron04: 

Not a terribly witchy vendor, but who cares? I LOVE it so much!!

It's a size 2 (6.34 qts) cast iron potjie.... ran me about $80, but well worth it....

The thumbnail you attached is exactly the one I have and the same demensions you listed.  I found mine at one of those home and garden outlet stores.

Archived