It's a filly!

Cairelle

FINALLY!

My mother called me this AM to let me know that her mare has finally delivered, and it's a girl! She's 10 hands high and 110 pounds, and she's a lineback dun (which my mother is thrilled about because that is what her old, beloved mare Sassy was - she's been gone for years now though).

Now maybe my mother will be able to leave home and come help me in my garden! She's been putting me off because this mare has been postdates for two weeks now and she didn't want her to deliver by herself... which is ironic because my mom got up this AM and saw the baby standing in the pasture, lol... My mom last checked on the mare around 3 this AM because she could feel her contractions... but she decided to go inside for a nap... and the mare birthed on her own just fine, lol...

Anyway... I know there's no other horse people here but Arabi... but I had to share anyway because my mother is so excited.

Baby's registered name is "Flash of Magic", or "Flash" for short. (Momma is "Magic".) :atoast:

Thats wonderful news. Tell your mom congrats!

I love horses & always wanted a horse farm but sadly thats one of my dreams that will remain a dream. lol

SapphireMoon

Excellent news! I have found that most horses will birth when they are ready, and some prefer to be alone when they do it, or at least it seems that way since they always seem to wait until people leave and then pop!

I had 3 horses before the war, but the divorce cost me all 3.

GO

Wow! Congratulations! I may not own a horse but I certainly love them and hope to own one someday...I am glad she is healthy...I am also happy for your mother!

That's great news. Glad mare and foal are OK. I used to breed Thoroughbred race horses up until a few years ago so I know what it's like to wait for a mare to foal. I never left the mares alone when they were due but one time, after staying up all night in the barn and keeping a sly eye on the mare due to foal, I went into the house to go to the bathroom and make a cup of tea. I sat on the sofa and fell asleep for about twenty minutes and woke up to hear my husband tell me she had just delivered her filly. I swear that mare waited for me to pop out for a few minutes.

Hope your Mom enjoys her filly.

Raina

Archived