The Gaia Project 2012

Whispering Willow

The Gaia Project 2012

The Earth's Coming Great Changes

by Hwee-Yong Yang

Translated by Mira Tyson

ISBN: 978-0-7387-1042-6

"As part of a grand cosmic plan called the Gaia Project, the earth is already undergoing a purification process-marked by natural disasters, disease, war, and social chaos-that will ultimately end in our planet's ascesion to a new dimension. Jang's prophetic proclamation-communicated to him through channeling, deams and energy reading-explains countless mysteries about the world"...

Ok, so I picked up this book on a whim. Something about it called to me from the first time I saw it on the shelves. Without flipping through the pages or checking the publisher, I picked it up and brought it home.

Its certainly not what I was expecting, and I find the publisher to be one that I don't generally purchase material from. Not because their books are unworthy, just not suited to what I'm after most times. The publisher is Llewellyn. *blush* but I am still unwillingly to form an opinion when I'm not into the 'meat' of the book yet. I find it a difficult read due to the writer's style. Its a bit dry for my tastes.

I'm wondering if anyone else has read this book or knows of someone who has? I'd be curious to find what other think of it. I'll hold off on sharing my thoughts until I've finished it. Hopefully it'll get a bit more interesting the further in I delve. We'll see...

I should clarify my statement. I don't have a problem with Llewellyn persay. Simply that the books I've purchased were heavily influenced if not totally wrapped around Wicca, which is not what I was after. This is my first purchase of a book from them that was outside the realm of witchcraft so I'm holding my opinion until I'm finished with the book. I'm glad that there is a publishing company out there that is so devoted to 'alternative' subjects. Decent occult books are terribly hard to find in my area, and I cherish those that I'm able to find that aren't going to lead me down the path of Wicca again. Been there, done that. They do tend to lean towards the fluffy side of things, though I've found some of the works they publush to be valuable. There is no such thing as a bad read as far as I'm concerned, as something can always be learned but I know what I'm after and unfortunately Llewellyn doesn't seem to have much in their catalogue that suits my needs. I didn't mean to come across as bashing them, just haven't had much luck on my previous purchases.

I should clarify my statement. I don't have a problem with Llewellyn persay. Simply that the books I've purchased were heavily influenced if not totally wrapped around Wicca, which is not what I was after. This is my first purchase of a book from them that was outside the realm of witchcraft so I'm holding my opinion until I'm finished with the book. I'm glad that there is a publishing company out there that is so devoted to 'alternative' subjects. Decent occult books are terribly hard to find in my area, and I cherish those that I'm able to find that aren't going to lead me down the path of Wicca again. Been there, done that. They do tend to lean towards the fluffy side of things, though I've found some of the works they publush to be valuable. There is no such thing as a bad read as far as I'm concerned, as something can always be learned but I know what I'm after and unfortunately Llewellyn doesn't seem to have much in their catalogue that suits my needs. I didn't mean to come across as bashing them, just haven't had much luck on my previous purchases.

I can understand what you mean by not having much luck finding non wiccan books. That is with all publishing companies. At least that I have found. Do you have some bookstores near you? I go to a bunch of them and preview the books before I purchase them.

Rebie

Unfortunatly the only stores in my area that carried anything of the sort were the big chains and I've recently noticed that for some reason they've wiped out 3/4 of their selections. Nothing left but the very basic beginning Wicca stuff. I inquired as to why they did this and was simply told that the order came down from corporate, so really no idea why. So I'm stuck with taking a gamble on a book after reading reviews or having it recommended by someone. Sounds like you have better luck with browsing in your area, you lucky thing! hehe

I have found that Amazon.com is fairly good. A couple weeks ago I popped into Borders.....what a fricken joke. 6 small shelves with almost all Wicca/Satanic books. I was looking for a book on dreams and actually found one,,,,,AFTER I asked. They were not with the Wiccan books.

I like Amazon due to the fact that when I've looked for a book thats bacially out of print, they may have a source for it. Thier delivery is usually with 3-4 days. I ordered books today and I expect them to be delivered by Monday, if they ship tomorrow. :wave: