48 replies to this topic

#41 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

I think I know where you got this information from, but just to be certain, can you please provide the link for reference purposes?

Thanks a bunches.

J

Sorry J, there's no link. I have several Natural Healing books  --  simple info that stuck in my head. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#42 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

When it comes to an integrative and herbal approach to womens health, esp in the area of reproductive health.. check out these articles by Susan Weed.. I have attended some of her intensives as well as studied with a couple of her graduates at the South East WiseWomen and Herb Conference.. she is a wonderful resource..  I can say as a healthcare provider I have used her information in practice as well as personally, and I have friends who are physicians, nurses and midwives who trust her information.. 

http://www.susunweed..._Susun_Weed.htm

(obligitory disclaimer: ALWAYS consult your provider before self treating and for goodness sake BE SMART!)

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#43 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Sorry J, there's no link. I have several Natural Healing books  --  simple info that stuck in my head. 

Wow, that is amazing . . . you remembered entire passages and recipe ingredients and amounts, word-for-word, right off the GlamCheck website.  They probably got their information from the same books.

#44 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Hehe, it wasn't hard to recall the garlic recipe...LOL. Pretty straight forward.

- Pablo Neruda

#45 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

...you remembered entire passages and recipe ingredients and amounts, word-for-word, right off the GlamCheck website. Ah, NO. 

The Complete Herbs Sourcebook (An A to Z Guide to Cure your everyday Ailments) David Hoffman

The Complete Guide to Natural Healing (no author)

The Complete Medicinal Herbal: A Practical Guide to the Healing Properties of Herbs, with More Than 250 Common Aliments by Penelope Ody

To name a few. 

Plus, I have notes/recipes collected over the years from other people who practice natural therapies. 

If you felt it paramount to know sources, all you had to do was ask. I'll be sure to include them next time, if need be. 

I enjoy the above guides and recommend them to anyone interested in home remedies. Happy Healing :)

- Pablo Neruda

#46 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hi Nikki

Just to clarify for you and other posters...

If you provide information from other websites, or from books, it is essential to provide the source.

We strive to observe the proper 'netiquette' when quoting or even remembering information as we do not want to be accused of plagiarising.

We have had material lifted and copied by other websites in the past, without a link to the source, so we know how it feels to be on the other side of this issue.

Once you get into the habit of it, it is no big deal. In any case, it is often useful to members to have a link to pursue if they are interested to read further.

Good housekeeping!

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#47 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:41 PM

Ok, I know this is a very old thread but I had to resurrect it for a few reasons: the responses crack me up; it's one of the first threads I read all the way through about a month ago before I joined; most importantly I'm speaking from personal experience, not theory or subjective opinion here:

So. Ladies.
(And gentlemen brave enough to get this far). My opinion and experience is in direct contradiction to what's been expressed thus far...

1. Oral garlic works as a prophylactic, but it's not going to work fast enough if you're having serious issues down there. (Neither would yogurt: oral or otherwise - it's just not potent enough).

2. There is a huge difference between cut/crushed garlic and a whole clove. Yes, you peel the papery shell off but you DO NOT cut or even nick the clove! It's potent enough as is.

3. It's ALWAYS good to know easy, quick, and all-natural remedies because you never know when you might need them. Be grateful if you don't, but the only time I've ever had to deal with something of this nature I was unfortunate enough to be on a tiny tropical island with no pharmacy. And because it was tropical (not sub-tropical like Florida, but truly in the Tropics) it made the "situation" COMPLETELY UNBEARABLE. So y'all can laugh all you want at women "putting things up there" but I did my research and found this to be the only solution :P

4. IT WORKS! And fast. I suffered for days until I tried this and I was fine the very next day. You can do the cheesecloth with a string thing if you're squeamish with your body, but honestly, I just stuck it in (no pharmacy, and no cheesecloth either). It's not going to "get lost" if you're comfortable with your own body...

5. Yes, of course you should thoroughly wash your own hands and trim your nails first, and rinse the clove too if you want, but the garlic itself isn't going to be causing any bacteria problems because IT'S A POTENT ANTI-BACTERIAL AND ANTI-FUNGAL.

So stop being such prisses and think: what the heck would you have done 100 years ago? ;)

Who knows when you might need this information, but if you're unfortunate enough TO need it, you can thank me later because you'll discover that it's truly priceless :D (and if you're a guy, your woman will love you for this knowledge if she's willing to try it).

Edited by IslandBruja, 10 September 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#48 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Bumping this after a search - the Susan Weed link above looks like a great site! Thanks for sharing it :)

#49 Holdasown

Holdasown

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Edited to Add...

Not on the lines of "for females" alone, but as a mother of four, I have used crushed garlic in sweet oil or olive oil for earaches with great success.. simply crush it and soak in oil for several weeks, strain and put in a dropper bottle. I warm it up a bit under warm water before putting a couple drops in the achy ear.. None of my children have ever needed to be on an antibiotic for ear infections so that is my proof of efficacy..

My dad told me a few weeks ago my grandmother would put sweet oil in the kids ear to get rid of wax and over summer to prevent swimmers ear. I had never heard of it before.