#21 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

Holy Basil Remedy:

For getting relief from thrush, use holy basil either as a tea or as a gargling solution.

. . .

GARLIC: Instead of using a whole clove of garlic internally, you can smash several cloves, boil in water. Let cool and use as a douche.  

PLEASE REFRIGERATE UNUSED PORTIONS.

I think I know where you got this information from, but just to be certain, can you please provide the link for reference purposes?

Thanks a bunches.

J

#22 Chloe

Chloe

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Um, the first thing I thought of while reading the OPs recommendation of a woman sticking a garlic clove up her whoha was this thing in Cosmo I read about this girl having to go to the hospital because she had a cherry stuck in her LOL. Besides the general concern of putting it in there in the first place... I would be pretty concerned on how someone plans on getting it out. Anyways...

A couple of things I saw, someone was concerned about the best way to store garlic, unrefrigerated... Someone once recommended to me to store garlic in olive oil. It keeps it from drying out. Works great.

Also, a lot of recommendations of yogurt... I think kefir is better and provides more beneficial bacteria as well as being okay to eat for those that are lactose intolerant (usually).

Also, the recommendations of viniger... Now I'm not really all that familiar with what conditions cause a yeast infection but if something like that works I would assume that means it's an issue of pH which they now sell special pH specific washes in stores. All I'm thinking is viniger probably burns like a bitch if you shave. Probably not a good experience.

#23 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Um, the first thing I thought of while reading the OPs recommendation of a woman sticking a garlic clove up her whoha was this thing in Cosmo I read about this girl having to go to the hospital because she had a cherry stuck in her LOL. Besides the general concern of putting it in there in the first place... I would be pretty concerned on how someone plans on getting it out. Anyways...

I am not inclined to place food items in my vagina, but more out of concern for general hygiene, as I do not want to introduce unknown bacteria in the process of trying to remove unwanted bacteria.  So, the garlic thing would not be my first choice.

That said, how in the hell could someone get a cherry "stuck" in there?  It is not like it is a bottomless pit . . . Ok, maybe for some people, it is a cavernous hole into the depths of hell, but really?  Anyone, ever heard of fingers?  I find that fingers have a variety of purposes, especially if I don't happen to have a penis or some other appendage handy.  On the other hand, if "LOL" is code for another part of the body, I stand corrected, or bend over corrected; either way . . .

#24 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

I am not inclined to place food items in my vagina, but more out of concern for general hygiene, as I do not want to introduce unknown bacteria in the process of trying to remove unwanted bacteria.  So, the garlic thing would not be my first choice.

That said, how in the hell could someone get a cherry "stuck" in there?  It is not like it is a bottomless pit . . . Ok, maybe for some people, it is a cavernous hole into the depths of hell, but really?  Anyone, ever heard of fingers?  I find that fingers have a variety of purposes, especially if I don't happen to have a penis or some other appendage handy.  On the other hand, if "LOL" is code for another part of the body, I stand corrected, or bend over corrected; either way . . .

:roflhard:  :rofl:  :kat:

Yeah, I've heard stories of people getting things stuck up there, but yeah, fingers work. For the garlic thing, you're  supposed to put it in cheese cloth or something to make a suppository. That way you can pull it out.  I second the no inserting food stuffs lol.  :rofl:

Edited by Whiterose, 19 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#25 Chloe

Chloe

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

Ha, probably should have been a comma or a period between the "her" & the "LOL". I honestly don't know how something would get stuck but it does apparently happen to people and just for that basic fact alone, I just don't think it would ever be worth the embarrassment of having to explain something like that to a doctor. Oddly enough, the person with the cherry never even meant to put it inside her, it kind of just got sucked in apparently, lol.

#26 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Ha, probably should have been a comma or a period between the "her" & the "LOL". I honestly don't know how something would get stuck but it does apparently happen to people and just for that basic fact alone, I just don't think it would ever be worth the embarrassment of having to explain something like that to a doctor. Oddly enough, the person with the cherry never even meant to put it inside her, it kind of just got sucked in apparently, lol.

Is that like the chicks that can blow bubbles and stuff? That's some talent.  Vacuum vagina. :D

#27 LynnBay

LynnBay

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Is that like the chicks that can blow bubbles and stuff? That's some talent.  Vacuum vagina. :biggrin:

Thanks for the morning laugh!! I needed that!  :tongue:

~Lynn by the Bay 

A Witch's Work is Never Done. 

#28 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Susun Weed recommends the garlic suppositories.

It's not something I would do.  When I was first getting into herbal stuff one of the books I had said to use crushed garlic on boils or large pimples.  A family friend had a problem with boils so I showed him the book, he agreed to try it and I smashed up some garlic, placed it on the boils and bandaged it.  Later that night when I went to remove it and see if it worked or not we were shocked at the results.  The raw garlic burned his skin.  By the next morning he was covered in scabs where the garlic was placed.

I certainly wouldn't put garlic anywhere sensitive after seeing that.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#29 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

It's not something I would do.  

Garlic has it's merits, however.... putting it up inside the female entrance is something that I wouldn't do at all.  I take a garlic pill daily to assist my blood pressure. by mouth.  Would I put it up inside my " dark spot ".... oh hell no.  My niece is a RN, she told me of a story when she was working Urgent Care... and to this day, I can not look at the breath mints Altoids in the same way. I have to shake my head at Female Species when it comes to putting things " up " in places that could render a trip to the Doctor, for their foolishness.   Argh... stupid stupid stupid, in my opinion. 

Regards,

Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#30 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

It's not something I would do.  When I was first getting into herbal stuff one of the books I had said to use crushed garlic on boils or large pimples.  A family friend had a problem with boils so I showed him the book, he agreed to try it and I smashed up some garlic, placed it on the boils and bandaged it.  Later that night when I went to remove it and see if it worked or not we were shocked at the results.  The raw garlic burned his skin.  By the next morning he was covered in scabs where the garlic was placed.

It is also my experience that peeled or crushed garlic, where all the garlicky juices are flowing free, can cause serious burns on sensitive skin that rather just makes any ongoing problems worse.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#31 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

A douch with warm water and plain yogurt works well without leaving your "wah-hoo" smelling like Italian leftovers. It provides healthy bacterial flora and returns the balance. 

Boric acid suppositories or about 1/8th teaspoon in warm water as a douch will also get rid of yeastie-beasties... One suppository every night for three nights will change the pH of the vaginal vault and make it inhospitabile to candida...

Edited to Add...

Not on the lines of "for females" alone, but as a mother of four, I have used crushed garlic in sweet oil or olive oil for earaches with great success.. simply crush it and soak in oil for several weeks, strain and put in a dropper bottle. I warm it up a bit under warm water before putting a couple drops in the achy ear.. None of my children have ever needed to be on an antibiotic for ear infections so that is my proof of efficacy..

Edited by LdyShalott, 20 January 2014 - 06:48 PM.

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#32 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Yeah, things that don't belong 'up there', shouldn't be up there. Once heard of a pencil that rotated and punctured through the vaginal wall...lord love a duck.

As far as yeast infections, pure virgin (no pun intended) oil is good. It kills yeast and is an excellent lubricant. A little goes a long way. Always take the oil out of the jar with a spoon to keep the oil free of 'other stuff'. Put it in your palms to warm and melt it, get it onto your fingers, and the rest is self-explanatory. Put plenty around your lips (no not the upper ones, but the lower ones, lol). Also works well as a night facial moisturizer.

#33 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:11 AM

. . .  Put it in your palms to warm and melt it, get it onto your fingers, and the rest is self-explanatory. Put plenty around your lips (no not the upper ones, but the lower ones, lol). Also works well as a night facial moisturizer.

<-- Plotting how I can combine the activities . . . lubricating me and moisturizing the husband's face. :naughty:

#34 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Haaahaaaaa

#35 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

LOL!

#36 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Umm, Jevne, does he like coconut?

#37 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

Was just about to say I've heard coconut oil is amazing for these sorts of maladies.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#38 Chloe

Chloe

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Coconut oil is amazing for anything. (Maybe somewhat of an exaggeration). I use it as a face wash, scrub with sugar, moisturizer, on cuts, & I've read it's good for preventing and getting rid of ear infections in dogs. Internally, it's good for people with gallbladder problems and also to make the gut healthier. It's an antifungal, antiviral, & antibacterial. Although, I think honey may be better for those purposes. The manuka honey but any natural (correction: raw) honey is good. You can make pretty much anything for external use with coconut oil and add it to pretty much anything for cooking, hell of a lot better the hydrogenated oils and nasty vegetable & canola oil. Personally, I like it in my coffee... Speeds up your metabolism but works as a laxative on some so not really recommended for ppl that usually run to the bathroom after a cup of coffee anyways...

Edited by Chloe, 21 January 2014 - 05:46 PM.

#39 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Why MR Moon lol im shocked!! ( not really) haaahaaaaaa

#40 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip